Naughty Dog: An Uncharted Collection Would Be Really Cool to Have on PS4

Award-winning developer Naughty Dog has pencilled a five o’clock shadow on rumours regarding some form of Uncharted Collection for the PlayStation 4. Acting coy at a The Last of Us Remastered press tour in London today, community strategist Arne Meyer said that it would be “really cool” to see protagonist Nathan Drake’s adventures upgraded on Sony’s next-gen machine, and pointed to the popularity of the platform as evidence of why it should happen.

“When we look at the PS4 generation, especially in the US – I don’t know what the general feeling was in Europe – there were a lot of people who are new to PlayStation platforms, and may have not played Uncharted [on the PlayStation 3],” he said. “It would be a good time for us to leverage all of the attention behind it and make it look better. It would be really cool to have.”

He added: “Since it's the first time that we're releasing a franchise across different platforms, it would be a good way to provide a way for our familiar players to go back and play the entire series with visual parity. I don't know if we're able to do that, but it's a really clever idea. It would be nice to see if we can figure that out and pull that off.” Considering that it’s just converted its other PS3 title to the console, we can’t see what could possibly get in the way.

In fact, we wouldn’t be surprised if this was in production right now. Group president Andrew House said recently that the platform holder is looking to leverage its previous platform’s library in order to get PS4 adopters up to speed with its most popular properties, and with Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End right around the corner, it really doesn’t get much bigger than this. You probably won’t see this compilation until next summer, but we’re almost certain at this point that it’s happening.

Via PushSqaure

Great, more PS3 games are on the way to the "next-gen" console. I'm assuming this is the their unannounced project, how disappointing.

Edited by Goro
  • Like 1

How many PS3 remasters were there? God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Sly, Jak and Daxter, Lara Croft, Splinter Cell, Devil May Cry, Hitman, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Killzone, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Prince of Persia, Silent Hill, and Tony Hawk among others. If people will buy them, they will keep being made. Let's hope PS4 doesn't have nearly as many as this list.

No doubt. I'd love this if they truly upgrade it the same way they are upgrading The Last of Us. To me that is a true upgrade while past (HD remakes) barely show any effort seemingly, or rather any real change or update in the games visuals. With this said, as an Uncharted fan, I have always said that I despised the Uncharted MP and the MP trophies. I would buy the remakes in a heartbeat under two conditions. First that they were truly updated and given the love and passion that The Last of Us: Remastered is being given. Secondly, the original DLC trophies cannot be required to get the platinum. The platinum trophy requirements must remain the way they were on the PS3. Otherwise I will not subject myself to buying games I can't platinum as I will NEVER waste my life on those terrible random U3 DLC trophies.

• Like 2

I think remasters are good for the many Sony converters for this gen. There are many great exclusives they missed out on the PS3, and they deserve the privilege to experience these PS3 exclusives on next-gen.

For the many loyal Sony fans however, are sitting around, twiddling their thumbs and sighing, waiting for a new game that they've never experienced.

I missed out on a few ps2 gems and got to play them on the ps3. I'm sure there are many that are cheering at this news.

This is exactly what I meant by my comment, only this is phrased better. 

• Like 1

All of those were games that I never got to play on the PS2 and wanted to, but never felt the need to buy a PS2. So there's a market for remastered collections. Just because one person doesn't see a reason for them doesn't necessarily mean everyone feels the same.

I would just like new games. instead of working on TLOU Remastered & Uncharted Collection, they could instead develop a new Crash, a new J&D or even a new IP.

Apparently Rockstar are looking to remaster Max Payne 3 instead of giving us Max Payne 4.

• Like 1

As long as Naughty Dog still bring us new games, I don't care whether they remaster Uncharted or not. I'm still hoping some studio completely remasters the original Crash trilogy and CTR, that would be insane! Studios really need to stop remastering PS3 games though. 

• Like 1

shouldn't been surprised. i felt the Uncharted collection for ps4 is coming a long time ago.

i know it's the wrong topic but, ps3 is missed on it ( on a lot's TBH ), but it's still not too late so, i still wished for a gran turismo HD collection and dark cloud 1 and 2 HD remasters, not just on ps3 but on all playstation platforms ps3, ps4 and Vita with cross buy if possible.

I feel this is kind of a waste of Naughty Dog's talent. They have proven to come up with a hreat new franchise every generation and it would be stupid to quit with this tradition just for more games that we all could've played years ago had we really wanted to.

Edited by HappyKastanie

Expect all the good games you love on PS3 to be remasterd on PS4. Lets just face it folks you know it will happen sonner or later down the line. Just remember you heard it here first

Fallout 3 and and new vegas remasted for PS4 with all the bugs and glitches left in.Why cause they are assholes that just want your money.

Skyrim

The batman arkham collection still broken and unplayable on the last game!

The infamous collection this one would be quite good tho. Yes im a hypocrite!

Killzone trilogy remasted

Mass Effect trilogy really hope this one happends lol!

list goes on and on im sure everyones getting the dift now

Expect all the good games you love on PS3 to be remasterd on PS4. Lets just face it folks you know it will happen sonner or later down the line. Just remember you heard it here first

Fallout 3 and and new vegas remasted for PS4 with all the bugs and glitches left in.Why cause they are assholes that just want your money.

Skyrim

The batman arkham collection still broken and unplayable on the last game!

The infamous collection this one would be quite good tho. Yes im a hypocrite!

Killzone trilogy remasted

Mass Effect trilogy really hope this one happends lol!

list goes on and on im sure everyones getting the dift now

And inside the Fallout bundle is a demo for Fallout 4.

What is exactly broken and unplayable about Batman?

Imagine Empire City or New Marais with next gen graphics! Cole's electricity would absolutely shine!

I don't see a problem. Lot's of folks didn't get to play them and it is a great chance for them. I will play them again because I love them.

Just think it happens with music and movies also.

Albums get remastered all the time with new bonus tracks and movies get hd treatment all the time. so games is getting the same treatment also. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

And inside the Fallout bundle is a demo for Fallout 4.

What is exactly broken and unplayable about Batman?

Imagine Empire City or New Marais with next gen graphics! Cole's electricity would absolutely shine!

the 3rd game has game braking bugs

Edited by GIennb

shouldn't been surprised. i felt the Uncharted collection for ps4 is coming a long time ago.

i know it's the wrong topic but, ps3 is missed on it ( on a lot's TBH ), but it's still not too late so, i still wished for a gran turismo HD collection and dark cloud 1 and 2 HD remasters, not just on ps3 but on all playstation platforms ps3, ps4 and Vita with cross buy if possible.

I agree, Dark Cloud would be a great reake on the PS4

Skyrim

Actually, i would  like that  :blush: