Uncharted Movie

Fierce_DeityX1

You have to give it a shot though, it might be really good.

That line of thought exposed me to things I'll never be able to fully recover from. I have since learned: No, I don't have to give it a shot, it might be the worst thing ever.

That said, I'll watch this... ...after I finish all three Uncharted's on my PS3 and one on my Vita. And those *are* next on my backlog, so it may happen around the time it comes out for rental.

• Like 1

Maybe if we all expect it to be nothing less than utter shit, then we can only be pleasantly surprised. 

That thinking aside, I'll reserve judgement until I see who's writing the screenplay and who's cast as Nathan - both are of the utmost importance in terms of an Uncharted movie being any good. I think the series has potential to translate well to the big screen, but to make it seem like its own entity as opposed to a Diet Indiana Jones is going to be the real challenge. 

That thinking aside, I'll reserve judgement until I see who's writing the screenplay and who's cast as Nathan - both are of the utmost importance in terms of an Uncharted movie being any good.

Perhaps the mention of Justin Bieber playing Nathan Drake in Uncharted 13 in the newspaper easter egg of The Last of Us was a hint of what's to come....

At one point there was a mention of Mark Wahlberg playing Nathan. Not sure how serious that was, though . . . Edited by Sra-000

Christ.

When will people learn - you cannot make a good movie from a video game!

You would think 20-odd years of garbage videogame movies would have taught this by now!

Its not like there is a lot of bad ones and a few good ones to keep people trying, there has literally NEVER been a good one. (The King of Kong, Indie Game: The Movie and Free-to-Play don't count of course, they are all great, but are all documentaries)

• Like 1