Most Recent Platinum

Muff

23 hours ago, Khxyn said:

#34 - SURGEON SIMULATOR 

1Lbb65bc.png

Enjoyment: 7 

Difficulty: 9.5 

My bad, i accidentally Quoted my own post. 

Edited by Khxyn
  • Like 1

:platinum: #95 - Monopoly Madness (NA)

1L260e83.png

Difficulty: 1.5/10

Fun: 7/10

I quite like Monopoly and this was free with my PS Plus Premium/Ubisoft+ subscription, so I gave it a shot. Nearly every trophy here is more or less RNG-based, but it's very doable with patience. It's the board game on steroids, so if you don't like heavily modified board game spinoffs you'll probably hate this. It's more fun with friends than solo as well, being a party game and all.

:platinum: #96 - Pretty Bird (NA)

1L4c1b64.png

Difficulty: 1/10

Fun: 7/10

This one was done on a dare from @Mikachu9947, but I quite liked Flappy Bird so I actually unironically enjoyed this one. Other than that, there isn't much to say about this one.

• Like 3

#617 - The Sorrowvirus: A Faceless Short Story (PS4)

1L37763e.png

This was more a demo than anything else. Not as good as the reviews seemed to indicate. The story is alright, but this game has plenty of clipping issues, the odd ragdoll moments on environmental objects and some stuttering.

Enjoyment: 5

Difficulty: 2

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

Platinum #242

EyePet & Friends

1L5bf033.png

Platinum Pet
Unlock all other trophies in the game

Took me 10 years to finally get back to this. I loved the first one, it was super cute. This one however ruined a lot of the magic of the first. Granted, it's been forever since I've played the first but one of the sticking points is the fact that in place of the little portal that would open in the ground in the first game that would then produce any toys or minigames, it just has a curtain that covers up the screen and then random not-your EyePet animations fly around while it loads behind the curtain. How lame is that? Totally breaks the immersion.

Which is evident from the first moments of starting the game each time. You load up the game, the camera does it's stupid thing (today I didn't bother to turn on my light and sat on the couch far away and suddenly the setup is perfect when you can't see shit and it looks like I'm on a potato, but when the lighting is good and you actually can tell what is happening it's "not ideal" and you should retry... what. No wonder I couldn't play Diggs Nightcrawlers in our old house's lighting when it was perfect. I should've just did it in the dark. I digress...

Back to my point, to "summon" the Pet you have to like hold your PS Move to the ground and then it opens a portal. Which makes sense in the original. In this after you do it, which doesn't work too well/consistently it will then just cover the screen with the curtain. So why even have this? Just load up the pet from the first load screen instead of this useless element that doesn't serve any function since you ruined the original's ability to maintain a connection with your pet. 

The one positive of this one is there's no online trophies like the original so it's still obtainable. I had already gotten the original because I'm cool.

Most of the minigames are conceptually neat, but control wise all the same. Point to move around. There's even one with a rocket that only moves left and right, which starts with you needing to hold your PS Move upright and shake it to get a big amount of boost to go further without collecting gas as you go. Instead of having you tilt the remote left and right to move left and right... move the cursor and then push the button (T or Move I forgot which). That's not fun. That's tedious and stupid. And counter intuitive to how you'd expect it to control. Every game does this. And some are not at a 2D camera angle making it really hard sometimes. 

For example the worst minigame (at least for the trophy related to it... actually I'd say it's the worst in general). For some reason the Frog Bop (Bopper trophy; collect points from each type of frog) has the least amount of time to do anything, in yet it's the slowest minigame to do anything in. YOu have to pick up little pads (2 available, one the Pet will be on). And then this allows the Pet to walk toward the frogs and close them to get points. Well, the problem with the trophy is that 999% of the time it won't even give you all 5 types of frogs in a match. And there's barely any time. And everything is so slow. From the movement of the Helicopter itself, to the Pet who often will move onto the platform you wanted to move somewhere else fucking you in the ass. One game I had zero of the purple frogs. Then the next game that was most of the frogs I got but it wouldn't give me the 200 frog. Then I had one which wouldn't give me the orange one until near the end 10s on the opposite side of the map, I get there but a 200 I get along the way then spawns a purple next to the orange so instead of getting that one it grabs the purple since it was worth more points (I assume that's how it's programmed) and time ran out. I had to play this tedious game 20+ times. Not only that, but often times the platforms won't be picked up and the Pet will be in the way so you can't see where the cursor is to place things so you can place them improperly behind it. It was a nightmare of RNG and bad controls and camera. Fun~

Meanwhile the other Helicopter mini game has you pick up blocks and it picks them up so fucking fast it made me so mad after playing the stupid frog one. 

And the menus, dear god the menus. Feels like half my play time was waiting for the menu icons to load. I don't know if I've ever seen a game with menus quite so bad before. And you have to shift through many pages in the store over and over and over and buy over 200 items and cycle down each page every single time because it doesn't remember your position since it kicks you out to have the Pet try on everything after you buy it instead of just letting you buy things quickly and try them on later. I would've platinum'd the game last night/this morning if not for that.

Not a fan of & Friends. I still iked the original though. It's a shame they'll die on PS3 (and PSP, the PSP had a camera and yes I have it and EyePet :P)

Almost 12 years since I've platinumed the original game which only took me 4 weeks. That game was a lot more fun in delivering the experience of an AR pet. This one feels more like a chore. Granted it's off a lot of memory, I'm sure the minigames in that were still janky as hell, but I can overlook that when it's immersive and I'm not constantly taken out of the experience with a stupid load screen. 

I'm sure nobody cares and most people on this site would've only played a game like this for an 'easy' platinum (though that trace minigame was stupid as hell, but someone on .org actually helped me figure out how that janky point system worked; oh and there's one of the tractor minigames with a ball and in co-op I lost to my non-playing self because the balls just roll on their own and it was bouncing all over the place and there's no way to pin them anywhere it was quite embarrassing to lose to nothing.) But I actually like games like this and this was such a disappointment when it came out, and it remains to this day.

But, I am glad to have it off my backlog forever and now I never have to play it again. It pushed me over 55% completion too, so I'm approaching my goal of 60% slowly but surely. 

• Like 4