Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum #294

Wailing Heights

1L21af02.png

All Trophies obtained - 74,62%

A fun but short musical adventure, where you can possess diferrent monsters, like a hipster vampire or the werwolf version of Larry Laffer. Sometimes hard to follow because every character speaks with a thic accent (I think it is irish, because the logo of Northern Ireland Screen pops up when you start the game, but I can be mistaken).

Platinum #295

Chess Knights: Viking Lands

1L5bfb40.png

Ragnarok - 59,63%

I`m not a chess player, which doesn`t matter, because this is not a chess game. It borrows the chess figures and their movements and puts them in some sort of turn based strategy/stealth game, wich sounds cooler than it is, because most of the time the best strategy is to sacrifice most of your figures to get more space to move for the remaining ones.

Platinum #296

TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection

1Lc5cdc4.png

Splinter`s Favorite - 39,51%

A collection of all Turtles games from Konami for the Nes, SNES, Mega Drive, Gameboy and the Arcades, with a ton of bonus material like packshots, manuals (man I miss those), concept illustrations and other things. Has cheat menus (which i didn`t use) and a rewind option (which I used a lot) for every game.

My personal Top 3 from this collection:

1.Turtles in Time (SNES)

2.Turtles 3: The Manhattan Project (NES)

3. Fall of the Foot Clan (GB) or The Hyperstone Heist (MD)

• Like 4

1Laa9231.png

:platinum: # 229 Alwa's Awakening

This was a fun relatively short retro style metroidvania. Not overly complicated, but with enough content that it wasn't just a beeline for the finish. The audio was well done, and the graphics were charmingly old-school. It does however, have a couple of trophies that would be a real pain without a guide. 2 individual trophies require some significant sequence breaking and usage of hidden mechanics, and then there's a full-game speedrun. Thankfully, @coldhardcrash_ has a very good guide up on this site(thanks for wiring that btw!), which makes all 3 of these readily achievable, but trying to do them on your own would be endlessly frustrating. The actual game difficulty is well balanced, but definitely doesn't coddle you, and with only 3 hits, some getting gud is in order. Definitely recommended.

• Like 3

40-platinum.png#̴̡̛͈̠͉̗̰͆̃͊̈̀̄̎́̍̑̓̎́͘6̵͔̔̾̆̒̑́̀̍̓́͑̈́̉̚͝6̸̛̛̯̞̍̐̏̈́̂̐͐́̚̚͠6̸̡̺͎̰̞͕̘̘̥̜̟͉͇̇̆͂͑͐̈̿̾̂̉̎ ̴͇̲̬̻̮̒̔̀̽͜͝-̴̪͕͙̗̤̘̮̻̦̆̑̇̐͊̚͜ ̷̨͙̠̻̖͚̻̪̳̼̣͙͍͍̻̑̆͒̾͛̈́C̶̩͔̼͍̹̠̮̑̓̀̓̇̿̿̈́͜ḣ̴̛̻̩͇̭͎̫̝̲̲̂͒͋̀̄̍̿́̌̓į̵̗̭̣͔͔͍̜̼̹̭̗̭̲̣̆̓̕͘c̷̩͌̔̈͆̈ò̴̢̲̐̂̎̄̉͐̈́͊͆̿͆͘̕ȓ̶̢̡̧̲̖̩̬ȳ̵̨̱̖̜̭̯͔̦̺̃̎̓̽̇̓̀̐̓̽͘:̷̢̡͚̹͕͉̲̟̟̺̤̮̤͂́͛̀̔̓̅̀̿ ̶̛͍̟̦̌̿͐͋̏̆̕̚ͅA̸̹̱̼̒̇́̇̑͠ ̸̧̯̫̦̫̹̬̒̆̇̓̈́͒̊͛͛̃̿C̶̛͍̋̇̄̃͒̽̏͒̆͒o̸̥͖̣̰̻͌̉͂̅̂̾̀̅͑͘͝l̵̗̠̣͕̥̲͎̖̣͚̲͇͈̆̇̈́͒͛̀̊͘ͅǫ̵̤̪̍͒̓̽̉̓r̵̰̲͉͙̖͕̣̩̦̈͗̿̋̔̈́̑̍͛͠͝͠f̴̹͔̝̥͂͌͜ŭ̵̱̦̼̳̦̲̲̼̟̗̅̓l̵͍̫̪͕̥͓̠̹̩̻͕̔̊̃͜ͅ ̴̡̢̛̛͎̬̫̣̪͔͓͈̥̪͊̾̆͑̆̀͌͆̍̈́͜͝͝T̷̛͔̻̦͍̬̺̗̜͊̈́̀̆̉͊̇͜a̶̢̙̮͈͈͈͓̪̾̾͆͂̅̍̚̚ĺ̵̝̯̺̳̜̔͌̈́̎͑͠e̷̢̗͈̬̝̖̹̗̳͍̞̯͇͊̏̂̌̏́͒͊̓͜

L3cc566.png

Current platinum rarity: 12.88%

When I started this four days ago it was at 31% platinum rarity. Going free and a ton of new players has drastically dropped that! I'm sure it will start to creep back up once more people complete it.

The start of this is quite slow and I wasn't enjoying it too much. Once you get a few movement abilities and the world really opens up it becomes a lot more fun. As someone who is not artistic in the slightest, I wasn't too interested in trying to put in tons of effort to random paintings and making the world look good, but the sheer level of colouring an entire game was a cool concept. In return you have a save file that is absolutely massive at 500mb - biggest I've ever seen - and a ton of bugs/slowdown including multiple crashes.

The story was a little heavy-handed at times but surprisingly heartfelt. The gameplay is simplistic for the most part but it has a decent amount of variety when it comes to puzzles and, as mentioned before, the movement becomes really fun once you have a few more abilities. The bosses are a particular highlight, one specifically I felt was incredible and will be in my memory for a while.

Overall finished the platinum in 14 hours. Most trophies will come naturally if you make sure to explore thoroughly and help everyone out. The post-story grind was a bit dull because you have to keep going back to specific people who tell you an area you're missing something. On the one hand I appreciate that they put this into the game so I didn't need to reference guides, but on the other hand would it have been too much trouble to give them a phone or a magic way to contact you at any time?

Recommended. I'd give this a 6/10 enjoyment and a 2/10 difficulty platinum, you can turn on accessibility options to skip bosses if you wanted so the only challenge is figuring out the puzzles. None of them are too taxing.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Moridin83 said:

1Laa9231.png

:platinum: # 229 Alwa's Awakening

This was a fun relatively short retro style metroidvania. Not overly complicated, but with enough content that it wasn't just a beeline for the finish. The audio was well done, and the graphics were charmingly old-school. It does however, have a couple of trophies that would be a real pain without a guide. 2 individual trophies require some significant sequence breaking and usage of hidden mechanics, and then there's a full-game speedrun. Thankfully, @coldhardcrash_ has a very good guide up on this site(thanks for wiring that btw!), which makes all 3 of these readily achievable, but trying to do them on your own would be endlessly frustrating. The actual game difficulty is well balanced, but definitely doesn't coddle you, and with only 3 hits, some getting gud is in order. Definitely recommended.

Very underrated metroidvania, really glad my guide came in handy :)

Edited by coldhardcrash_
  • Like 1