What's keeping you from buying a PS4?

Mr_Freaker

I got a PS4 on the launch day and at first i wasn't very convinced but after nearly 10 months i booted up my PS3 and turned it off within 5 mins and packed it away. Cant go back to it, it feels so dated. Oh and the new PS4 controller really puts the old one to shame

Edited by Stefanballiarno

My backlog of 30+ games that I really want to play and have them in my trophy list.

And the fact that there are very few good games out there for PS4. I have the money  to buy new console but I am waiting for next year. First idea was to but it with Witcher 3 bundle in Feb 2015, also Bloodborne is scheduled then, but maybe I will wait for a bit longer.

Well -

- No backwards capability? Really? Streaming PS3 games - yeah if your internet is super fast and good and still don't think anyone's is.

- I don't think paying for multi or the console itself would catch on until my career comes around.

- I might be getting into new franchises that have their games on the PS3.

- Destiny's on PS3 anyway and I am liking the controls from the beta over the graphical upgrade the PS4 has.

- The Mass Effect series will take a while for me. :(

Edited by squirrelmaize

Hundreds and hundreds of games in my backlog. I don't feel any need to upgrade right now. If there are any great Xmas time deals I'll bite, but if not...I can wait another year or two (or three or four) before I upgrade. There isn't anything about the PS4 that makes me say "no" I just need to work on my PS3/360 stuff 1st lol.

I actually have the money saved up for my PS4.  I'm currently moved back in with my mom until I can find a better job.  Once I have a place of my own again,  I will purchase the PS4 as a reward to myself.  

Hopefully it will be by the end of this month because I really want to get Shadows of Mordor, and AC Unity.  Those are the only games that have peaked my interest anyways.  I also have been collecting all the PS+ games for PS4.  So when I get one I'll actually have quite a few titles to play.

In the meantime, I still have a few games to catch up on my PS3 and Vita.

Edited by JaneAusten69

not really any particular games that make me think wow!! I want this now.. im waiting for that new final fantasy game to come out it looks awesome then I will buy it. im going to go look now and see whats upcoming releases etc so I may edit this post haha :)

edit: okay so I think I will get assasins creed unity and the division which I can play until final fantasy 15 comes out so I will buy it beginning October once im back from Ibiza :)

Edited by Codes

• 2 weeks later...

Too expensive at the moment - don't have that kind of cash going spare.

Waiting a couple of years for the inevitable PS4 Slim, which should be free of any problems the PS4 has just now.  Plus there will be many more games available for it by then.

Most of the PS4 titles that have attracted my interest - AC Unity, MGSV, Uncharted 4, etc - aren't even out yet, so there' no point in buying a PS4 now and having next to no games to play on it.

Still have an extensive PS3 backlog, including around 12 work-in-progress games and about 25 unstarted games, so there's no room for a PS4 for a long time yet.

Part of me wants to not buy another Playstation console until Capcom announce that they're making a new Onimusha game for it! :P

Just don't have as much time available to play games as I used to - so the aforementioned PS3 backlog may actually never get cleared!  No point in adding more games on a new console to that backlog until I've done all that I really want to on PS3.

I read many comments about "switching" and "upgrading" from PS3 to PS4. I don't understand this line of thought. I added a PS4 to my gaming collection.It didn't replace anything. Still play alot of PS3. When games like Infamous second son come out I finish them and then work on my backlog until the next PS4 game comes along. Of course having a room in my house dedicated to games with multiple displays set up does help. 

• Like 3

My backlog is the main reason I'm holding off on buying a PS4.

I keep telling myself I'll move to the current gen when FFXV releases!

That should give me plenty of time right?

I dunno dude. That new TGS trailer made it look like they're finally nearing completion!

Joking aside, I have a new reason that's stopping me from buying a PS4:

I'm saving up to join the PC Mustard Race.

I'm saving up to join the PC Mustard Race.

Why not both? master race talk is garbage.  I have a PC that plays games great.  Assembled from (really really good) hand me down parts.  Put hundreds of hours into Binding of Isaac on it already.  Which actually brings me to the next point.

I won a competition on another website about a year ago.  I won money for a PS4 and I'd been patiently waiting for that until I picked one up...which I am doing today.  Thing is, I'm in no real rush to get it, just feel it's time since I have the extra cash now.  I wanted to nab the white destiny bundle anyway.  Probably grab a spare controller as well.  Sure there aren't many next gen games yet, but like a few others stated, it's an addition to the collection.  No reason to get rid of the PS3 at all.