What's keeping you from buying a PS4?

Mr_Freaker

Well, anyone who buys a console day one is essentially a beta tester. Launch titles are never indicative of the console's true power and are, more often than not, completely shite and lazy. Also, a lot of system features aren't implemented until a few months - sometimes years - after a console's release, and early software creases need time to be ironed out. The lack of quality games and the launch price is another thing that keeps me at bay, too.

Essentially, the PS3 has a rich library of games that I'm still getting through - so why bother spending money on a console with no games that pique my interest? By waiting I'm pretty much getting a better product for cheaper, and I'll have a much bigger selection of games to choose from whenever I inevitably buy a PS4. . 

Edited by Gotakibono
  • Like 1

I was going to wait until the PS4 was about 3 years old to adopt since my genre of choice is RPGs but now I have no choice but to buy one when Persona 5 comes out. I know it's on the PS3 but that series deserves to be played in the best way possible. I'm assuming that will be about a year from now.

• Like 1

I have ps4 and the games sucks ass. Do not buy ps4 unless you're rich. Wait for a price drop and better games.

I STRONGLY agree. Buying a PS4 was stupid for my part. I suggest anyone thinking of buying a PS4 too wait till there is at least more games.

Edited by CrazyEmotions

Sony's asinine way of handling the Vita. As a day one adopter I'm more than just a little tick'd off at Sony so until they start showing support (and I don't mean with indies) with the games that they sold me on, I won't be picking up a PS4.

Theres nothing wrong with indies, get your head checked. 

• Like 1

Theres nothing wrong with indies, get your head checked.

Reading comprehension isn't your best suit is it?

There's nothing wrong with indies but when SONY sells you a console with the promise of 'Console LIKE games on a the go' I expect them to deliver on that. You may like being lied to, but I don't.

• Like 2

The reason I've not bought a PS4, nor intend to buy one any time soon, is due to, first and foremost, a lack of money. My family and I barely get by per month, so investing in a new console is something that will take quite a while. Saving up and all that. The second reason is that none of the games so far that have been released, or shown off, have been all that interesting to me. The only game I've actually had any interest in playing is Resogun, but I'm not spending $400.00+ for that title alone.

I'm getting a new PC sometime this month, thanks to my girlfriend, so my desire for a brand new console has dropped even further due to that. When and if I do eventually buy a new console, it'll no doubt be the Xbox One. Halo: The Master Chief Collection was enough to sell me on it.

• Like 1

The gaming library for the PS4, the fact that a PS4 slim is in the works (Sony has a track record for slimmer systems, so its bound to happen). The fact that I'm still enjoying my PS3 and its deep library of games, plus its still being supported. Nothing against the PS4 (as I do want one, but will continue to wait), but why jump ship when the PS3 still has plenty of life left in it? 

I already have a PS4 and at the moment it's basically a big paperweight. Of the 18 games I have for it, 9 I've played and of those 18 games, 5 I bought, the rest being from PS+. Although I do have another 7 currently pre-ordered with plenty more on my wishlist. That being said I've loved playing the games I have and certainly don't mind the fact I don't use it much as I still have a backlog of 26 games for PS3. And just to make it an even more expensive paperweight, the first thing I did after plugging it in and switching it on to make sure everything worked was stick a 1Tb SSHD in it.