Does anybody remember this game?

GarrisonWhite2

Dave Mirra on PSN  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX ported with trophy support?

I don't think there are any psx games around with trophies

He asked for a HD remake,not just simply trophys slapped onto the psx version.

Tony hawks pro skater is a great psx game that got remastered with trophies.

I never played dave mirra's myself but i do remember seeing it on the store shelves years ago

Edited by tw34kfr34ky

Dude hardly anyone would remember some motor biking game for ps1 sorry but that's the truth

Dude, its BMX not motor biking, sorry but thats the truth.

Back on topic, I only remember Mat Hoffmans one and that was the shit. Loved the HD remake of Tony Hawk so it would be cool.

Edited by Simpo

Not only do I remember I still have my copy

I still have my copy too  :D. I'll probably play it again if I ever cut down on my PS3 backlog.

i remember this one and TJ Lavin's Ultimate BMX because of their soundtracks!!!

they were great and made buy a couple of CDs!!

Yeah, the soundtrack to this game was awesome. The second one had a great soundtrack as well, but the gameplay really sucked in comparison to the first imo.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I played the hell out of this when I was younger, you could unlock a Slim Jim character in the game, right? 

Parker

I think you could unlock Slim Jim in the first and second game, yeah. I think you just had to beat the first one, and then you'd unlock Slim Jim. And in the second game, I think Slim Jim was a hidden character

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I played the hell out of this when I was younger, you could unlock a Slim Jim character in the game, right? 

Parker

Haha yeah, there were two unlockable characters, the Slim Jim (Guy?) and Amish Boy.

Unfortunately, it probably wouldn't even be possible. I did some research and both Acclaim Max Sports/Acclaim Games/AKA Acclaim (Publisher) and Z-Axis/Underground Development (Developer) no longer exist. Apparently Acclaim pretty much ruined itself by actually publishing BMX XXX. Their plan obviously didn't boost the sales the way they needed it too. As for Z-Axis, Activision bought them but shut them down back in 2010, so unless Activision actually had interest (and demand) for an HD remake, it would never happen :(.

It really would be cool to see though. There hasn't been a good BMX game since the second Dave Mirra (which wasn't really that good anway, at least not compared to the first), and it would be cool to see it remade with trophies and additional riders that weren't around back then.

Edited by GarrisonWhite2