(Poll) PSNP members favorite genre

Xxleonardo97xX

1st set of genres  

182 members have voted

1. 1. You may choose more than one.

2. 2. 2nd set of genres

Growing up as a kid on PS2, I loved the hell out of sports game, but have since diverted from them other than FIFA and MLB The Show. I'm good at racing games like NFS, but I don't play them as much as I played NFS Underground 2 as a kid. I do have 3 racing game platinums though so I like them enough. My favorite kind of game is sandbox, because you can go anywhere with anything to do! I also like FPS's like Battlefield and Destiny, but feel more comfortable with TPS's like Uncharted and TLoU. However in the end, I usually get a game for the story and that is where the action/adventure TLoU, Uncharted, and Batman come in.

*Suggestion: Maybe add stealth to this list and combine two of the categories?

Edited by McJacs2

I was hoping RPG would be a general genre including those of both the western and Japanese variety since I play just about any and all RPGs, but since I've got a sweet spot for those Japanese-developed ones, my vote goes to JRPG.  The storytelling, characters, music and gameplay is just much more exciting for me.  Western RPGs are still a joy to play, but I feel more 'at home' with Japanese ones. :)

My three favourite genre of games are RPGs, Visual Novels and rhythm games, but the latter two aren't on the poll.

Edit: Thanks to the OP for the update, revoted for RPG, JRPG, Rhythm and Visual Novels.  Didn't realise this was a multiple choice poll at first, derp! :D

Edited by Yuzuki Yukari
  • Like 1

My favourite genres are adventure, first person shooters and third person shooters. Of course I like other types of games, but games like Uncharted, TLOU, Far Cry or Tomb Raider are the ones that give me more pleasure to play. I think that Interactive Drama (Heavy Rain, Beyond...) should be an option too; I like that as well.

Aw man, no choices for Shmups, Rail-shooters, or Metroidvania?

Recently been on a JRPG kick so that's what I'm really digging at the moment.

Main genres of choice usually revolve around Action/Character-Action, Hack & Slash, Stealth, Platformers, 2d-side scrollers, RPG's, Third Person Shooters, the occasional open-world game, and the occasional fighting game.

• Like 1