What's the game that made you buy the PS3 ?

nagisa-chan1987

I had a ps1, and ps2 but i almost bought a xbox 360 until i learned that my cousin had a ps3. Also i learned that ps3 had free online so i picked the ps3 over it. Now my cousin has a xbox 360 instead of his ps3 but i dont care cause im sticking with playstation now.

A hypothetical-and-never-happened-Jak 4. I knew Jak's game were Sony Exclusives and that it wasn't going to change for that era, so I purchased my PS3 ahead of time, anticipating and being ready for it whenever it was to come.

I know a lot of people bought it because of MGS4, LOL. Personally I bought it for GOW III. Ever watched a good movie trailer that made you feel nervous, like when you are about to experience something important? Kind of like butterflies in the belly? That's how I felt everytime I watched footage from that game... In the end I couldn't resist and I bought a PS3 with that game.

I Had thought KH3 Was gonna come out for PS3, since I'm sure many at the time did too; but obviously that didn't happen...lol

Honestly there was just 1 day I had A lot of money & said "Fuck it i'm getting A PS3", since my Best Friend Had One & I didn't. I also bought A Shit load of games together like:

1. BLEACH: Soul Resurreccion
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. Prince of Persia
  4. Resonance of Fate
  5. ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3
  6. Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition
  7. Sonic Generations
  8. Record of Agarest: War Zero Limited Edition
  9. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
  10. Devil May Cry 4
  11. Genji: Days of the Blade(First PS3 Game I Ever Played).
Edited by DarknessKey92

I never really got into my PS2 backlog until after I got my PS3, so God of War Collection with 1 and 2 was one of the big reasons I got one.  That and God of War III.  I suppose Uncharted 1 and 2 as well.  The biggest thing though was I was getting really bored with my Xbox 360. 

• Like 1

Demon`s Souls, as a fan of rpg games I heard that this is a true rpg experience and that it was very hard and challenging, and that the true gamer must not pass this. Than I bought it, both PS3 and this game, and I was immediately sucked in, and till today it has been a blast joyride with Demon/Dark Souls games.

Oh, and Red Dead Redemption caught my eye as well, being a big fan of westerns. :awesome:

It was Demon's Souls.

I had bought an Xbox 360 the year earlier because it was the console my friends played on. Although I was immediately underwhelmed by it, I got into achievement hunting and eventually found my way to Dark Souls, which I completely fell in love with. While obsessing over Dark Souls I found out about Demon's Souls and that it was one of PS Plus' free games of that month.

At the time I didn't realise you were given more free games every month, but instead assumed that once you joined up you got to choose from a selection of games and that was it. Thanks to Demon's Souls I looked into it more, realised how much of an awesome deal PS Plus actually was and bought a PS3 before Demon's Souls got removed.

• Like 1