Assassin's Creed: Victory leaked

What can I say? I laughed hard when I saw the leak. I love Assassin's creed. And hearing the phrase "A familiar assassin." Immediately sparks my interest. The outfit the mysterious character wears looks extremely similar to that of Edward Kenways. So my only plausable guess would be that its Connor (YUUUUUUSS!!!!!) But on the other hand. The outfit is black. Aveline wears black. You can't tell if the person has boobs or not so it could be her! Other then that I have no idea, haven't even played Unity though. And I don't imagine any canidates from that game. One more note, I have a slight revelation that it was shay. Since his staple outfit is black and all that. But once I noticed the pretty obvious assassin symbol carved into his back, my theory was immediately proven false. I'm excited to see who it is though!

You forgot Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's chronicles, Assassin's Creed Discovery and Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines.

Oh, my bad. So that's 12 titles in 7 years Captain

Ah, but you see - GTA and God of War studios have a single body of developers more often than not in one area and all focus on the same product - which is the sole reason why it takes a while between releases. Ubisoft have tonnes of sites and offices which means different development teams that are able to work on multiple titles at once. As an example, Assassins Creed Black Flag was being developed before during and after Assassins Creed 3 was being developed elsewhere.

There is no officially acceptable time frame between game releases - it is solely based on opinion.

Farcry took a while between releases because it had an identity crisis until FC3 arrived. FC4 proved popular so you'll more than likely be seeing these yearly too.

As far as the second question i posed goes - to your answer - what factual sources were you drawing from that indicate the Assassins Creed franchise is in decline?

Santa Monica, yes. But R* has a couple ie; R* San Diego, R* North and a couple more

Still you don't see R* games every year do you? I am no R* fan but u have got to respect people/developers u spend some time on their game.

And aren't games these days supposed to take longer to make considering the graphics and complexity in games these days?

Far Cry might become an annual release considering Ubishit, I mean Ubisoft makes it and when they realize enough people like it, it will

Considering your determination to prove me wrong on the topic of Assassin's Creed, let me tell u I used to love Assassin's creed too until they decided to completely milk the franchise after III

No more Assassin's Creed for me thank you very much :lol:

We're only a couple games away from my dream: Assassins, In Space.

xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD

The only thing that could get me back into the franchise, period

'It's so trendy to bitch about Assassin's Creed, but you have to remember that every year they release a whole new game in a completely new setting with completely new characters, a full rich single player experience with side quests up the wazoo, and add several new mechanics that change how you play the game.

The Assassin's Creed games are great, AC2 and ACIV are among my favourite games of all time. People can complain about the over saturation of AC games all they want but while they do I'll be sitting down each year with a new game in my console enjoying the hell out of it'

• Like 4

They've been working on the game for the past few years, it's not like they suddenly started making it last week

They can say what they want to say about spending 3 or 5 years building the game. Still they release low quality full of bugs game. So if they truly spent 3 years building a game like Unity and this is the final quality then they really have a problem here.

They said the same thing for ACIII and it was a full of bugs too.

They need to give AC time to calm down and build something really interesting and of high quality.

It's strange that most of us want these games to come out, yet we want to wait for it.

A bit strange.

If there was two years between Black Flag and Rogue, would it be so much better?

When I read some of the posts, I feel like many people don't realize how much time games take to make.

They said Unity took four years to develop, what means they started this game before AC3 was properly released.

Which also means that they started "victory" before Black Flag was released.

So I would assume as well that there might be 2 other AC games being developped ad we speak. Which isn't a bad thing.

The only beef I have with AC is the price tag. I bet no one would complain if they got released at 20€ a piece.

Not surprising in the least. If I understand correctly, Ubisoft, just like Activision with CoD, has multiple developers working on Assassin's Creed. So instead of only having a one year development cycle, the games have multiple years in development. 

That being said, the yearly releases are a little much for me. I've enjoyed the Assassin's Creed games I've played but I am still working on Brotherhood and I feel like I will never catch up om the series unless I only play Assassin's Creed. I don't recall hearing about many issues with the PS4 version of Black Flag so I'm going to assume that was a different developer than Unity. Hopefully that means that not only will the next Assassin's Creed game be relatively bug free (assuming it is the Black Flag developers) but the developers of Unity will get to terms with the new console hardware and their next game will be bug free as well. 

I really need to finish Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed III though, I want to play Black Flag pretty damn bad. 

Parker

Black Flag is a great game, but set your expectations like it's Pirate's Creed instead of Assassin's Creed.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that the intervening year gives them the chance to fix the issues that have plagued Unity. They're working with a new engine after all, and it will take time to get used to its quirks. But I won't be a day-1 purchaser next year; I'll wait for reviews thank you very much.

I hope they keep the co-op. Playing non-competitively with others has been fun. Equally, I hope they don't bring back the competitive MP.

They can say what they want to say about spending 3 or 5 years building the game. Still they release low quality full of bugs game. So if they truly spent 3 years building a game like Unity and this is the final quality then they really have a problem here.

They said the same thing for ACIII and it was a full of bugs too.

They need to give AC time to calm down and build something really interesting and of high quality.

What do you mean exactly by low quality? The only issue with it is the bugs that have been affecting it. The issue they had with AC III was the fact that they were breaking their own formula with more open expanses to explore and more NPCs in-game, leading to bugs. They released it too early. When Black Flag and Rogue were released, they were far less bugged.

The exact same thing happened with Unity, their mistake was releasing it too early. Unity should have been released in 2015 and Victory should have been released in 2016. Not because they are releasing too many games too quickly, but because it would have given them time to QA the game some more and iron out as many bugs as possible.

• Like 1

What do you mean exactly by low quality? The only issue with it is the bugs that have been affecting it. The issue they had with AC III was the fact that they were breaking their own formula with more open expanses to explore and more NPCs in-game, leading to bugs. They released it too early. When Black Flag and Rogue were released, they were far less bugged.

The exact same thing happened with Unity, their mistake was releasing it too early. Unity should have been released in 2015 and Victory should have been released in 2016. Not because they are releasing too many games too quickly, but because it would have given them time to QA the game some more and iron out as many bugs as possible.

Released product with too many bugs of different severity means low quality product.

I don't care about whether they break their own formula or any of this. I care about my final released product. I got it first day and it was broken and annoying.

Assume they give it additional 6 months to fix these issues?! The game would be great.

So to be more clear here. You give a broken thing no matter how good it is. It is still broken and annoying. You fix it later it is too late. Why because simply you could have waited more before you releasing it.

Assassin's Creed is shovel-ware at this point. Stop supporting Ubisoft. Their story is so convoluted and pointless, which is a shame because this could have been an awesome trilogy or 4 or 5 game solid story, but no, it's going to be like CoD where it's literally the same game over and over with enough tweaks to call it "A new game" 

Pass

Well I'd rather have Desmond back in the game, I kind of miss the "scooby and the gang" shenanigans tbh. He was a whingy moany type of guy but it added allot to the game as opposed to a random hooking up through abstergo entertainment. The office scenes are woeful imo, I'd rather assassinate the brunette pushing you around.

hearing the phrase "A familiar assassin." Immediately sparks my interest. The outfit the mysterious character wears looks extremely similar to that of Edward Kenways. So my only plausable guess would be that its Connor (YUUUUUUSS!!!!!) But on the other hand. The outfit is black. Aveline wears black. You can't tell if the person has boobs or not so it could be her! Other then that I have no idea, haven't even played Unity though. And I don't imagine any canidates from that game. One more note, I have a slight revelation that it was shay. Since his staple outfit is black and all that. But once I noticed the pretty obvious assassin symbol carved into his back, my theory was immediately proven false. I'm excited to see who it is though!

According to the internets Connor was born 1756 with date of death unknown, the Victorian era started in 1837 which would put him in his 80s. Unfortunately Aveline is even older, which is a pity because I would have loved to have run round London as her. Don't have time to check out other Assassin's timelines to see who it could be as I have to get to work, and I've not even played most of the latest games.

The London setting does have my attention though, it has potential and I hope it's good, but I certainly won't be buying it day 1.