Assassin's Creed: Victory leaked

Hmm, I agree that I'm getting annoyed at the yearly releases (that's one big reason why I didn't get Black Flag), but it's not like they just started making this a week ago - this game has been in development for years. It's several main studios that take several years to make their own single title, it's been that way for quite some time now. Though I do agree that it should release every two years, though Ubisoft's profit margins probably disagree, lol

I do think this one looks rather interesting though - a more dark tone to it with a very interesting-looking setting, finally pushing into a modern sort of feel with horses and carriages and sidewalks and stuff. I'm pretty interested to see what they do with it, and if this is an in-game screenshot, that is just amazing, I want to explore that, lol

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

The leak is kinda funny, only like two weeks after Unity released too! I remember when Unity got leaked in March of this year too, the same sort of thing, lol

• Like 2

Hmm, I agree that I'm getting annoyed at the yearly releases (that's one big reason why I didn't get Black Flag), but it's not like they just started making this a week ago - this game has been in development for years. It's several main studios that take several years to make their own single title, it's been that way for quite some time now. Though I do agree that it should release every two years, though Ubisoft's profit margins probably disagree, lol

I do think this one looks rather interesting though - a more dark tone to it with a very interesting-looking setting, finally pushing into a modern sort of feel with horses and carriages and sidewalks and stuff. I'm pretty interested to see what they do with it, and if this is an in-game screenshot, that is just amazing, I want to explore that, lol

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

The leak is kinda funny, only like two weeks after Unity released too! I remember when Unity got leaked in March of this year too, the same sort of thing, lol

Yea. While i'm excited for this because I love AC, i've yet to finish Unity just because I buy too many games at once. Honestly I feel bad for Ubi as this was NOT how they wanted to reveal this. Clearly some people will instantly think that this is the same team that worked on Unity and are unfortunately too stupid or lazy to read into to find out the truth. Clearly someone jumped the gun and showed off a little too much at once to the wrong person. 

• Like 1

Unity was broken, yes, but it was still an alright game. Once fixed, it's only slightly better, it's pretty boring though in general - probably my least favourite to date, honestly. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to this. I do kind of wish they'd slow down a bit though, space them out (and I'm an AC fan boy!).

Also, this is planned to be the only AC title in 2015. Hmm, we'll see about that.

Not sure what's to doubt with their statement. From the moment new-gen was announced, Ubisoft stated they would support both previous gen and new gen for a couple of years, which they did. They've only released 2 main story AC games per year once, its hardly enough to base a trend on... Rogue was also mentioned to be their last entry into previous gen.

I would like another Vita title from them though, that would be awesome!

Edited by LukaLaurent

The way things go with this series, Jack The Ripper will turn out to be a Templar, maybe even the Grandmaster. And the Assassin you play will turn out to be behind the legend of Spring-heeled Jack.

with the whole "Templars altered the history" thing in all the AC games, I was hoping for Jack The Ripper to be an assassin

Edited by Dragon-Archon

argh i can't keep up. i haven't beaten 4 yet let alone touched rogue or unity or liberation or freedom cry. damn maybe by the time im ninety ill be all caught up.

I think I'm gonna book a couple weeks of work just to play AC, I'm still on Revelations xD

• Like 2

Assassin's Creed games released:

1) Assassin's Creed

2) Assassin's Creed II

3) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

4) Assassin's Creed: Revelations

5) Assassin's Creed III

6) Assassin's Creed: Liberation

7) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

8) Assassin's Creed: Rogue

9) Assassin's Creed: Unity

Which I played:

1) Assassin's Creed

2) Assassin's Creed II

3) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

As you can see, Ubisoft has released 9 games in 7 years since the franchise since its start in 2007. I don't think thats anywhere near a good ratio no matter what the franchise

I doubt I wil be buying any after Black Flag though cause the franchise is on its way down now and it shall go down considering the fact that they basically copy paste the same game year after year and expect us to buy the game just because its in a "different setting". The franchise has been milked too much now, let it go.

Meh... i don't blame them, if people are buying the games, then they sure as hell should keep releasing these yearly. I'm off that boat though.

I was off the boat a long time ago

I only recently started the AC franchise, but while it did take a while to get into it, I ended up loving II by the time I had the platinum. Liberation HD was the next that I played (was on sale) and was also a lot of fun, then I got Freedom Cry which... isn't as great as the others imo, and am currently working my way through Brotherhood and will be getting Revelations (which comes with I) soon.

One thing about joining late and having yearly releases - there's plenty of choice. I look forward to the day I'm caught up though.

I've been off the Assassin's Creed train ever since AC3 and looking at how the series is received now that might have been a good decision. Hearing of a new game not even one month after the newest one came out (and only a few days since it's functional) already leaves a bad taste in my mouth HOWEVER i still somewhat have hopes for this one. I absolutely adore this setting and if Ubisoft steps away from the general tone of the series for a change and goes in a bit darker direction this could really be a great game. They'll probably just make it mediocre again but a man can dream.

As you can see, Ubisoft has released 9 games in 7 years since the franchise since its start in 2007. I don't think thats anywhere near a good ratio no matter what the franchise

Just out of interest, why do you not think that is a good ratio?

I doubt I wil be buying any after Black Flag though cause the franchise is on its way down now and it shall go down considering the fact that they basically copy paste the same game year after year and expect us to buy the game just because its in a "different setting". 

Is this your personal opinion or based on fact?

Just out of interest, why do you not think that is a good ratio?

Is this your personal opinion or based on fact?

Hmm...

Answer to your first q, the GTA series or the God of War series among many others, I think spend a good amount of time making their games. GOW takes a break of at least 2 years and GTA is even longer even ubisoft's own FAR CRY has a good gap between sequels

As to your second q, both, I guess 

Edited by Lovejinder_LJ

Not surprising in the least. If I understand correctly, Ubisoft, just like Activision with CoD, has multiple developers working on Assassin's Creed. So instead of only having a one year development cycle, the games have multiple years in development. 

That being said, the yearly releases are a little much for me. I've enjoyed the Assassin's Creed games I've played but I am still working on Brotherhood and I feel like I will never catch up om the series unless I only play Assassin's Creed. I don't recall hearing about many issues with the PS4 version of Black Flag so I'm going to assume that was a different developer than Unity. Hopefully that means that not only will the next Assassin's Creed game be relatively bug free (assuming it is the Black Flag developers) but the developers of Unity will get to terms with the new console hardware and their next game will be bug free as well. 

I really need to finish Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed III though, I want to play Black Flag pretty damn bad. 

Parker

• Like 4

Hmm...

Answer to your first q, the GTA series or the God of War series among many others, I think spend a good amount of time making their games. GOW takes a break of at least 2 years and GTA is even longer even ubisoft's own FAR CRY has a good gap between sequels

As to your second q, both, I guess 

Ah, but you see - GTA and God of War studios have a single body of developers more often than not in one area and all focus on the same product - which is the sole reason why it takes a while between releases. Ubisoft have tonnes of sites and offices which means different development teams that are able to work on multiple titles at once. As an example, Assassins Creed Black Flag was being developed before during and after Assassins Creed 3 was being developed elsewhere.

There is no officially acceptable time frame between game releases - it is solely based on opinion.

Farcry took a while between releases because it had an identity crisis until FC3 arrived. FC4 proved popular so you'll more than likely be seeing these yearly too.

As far as the second question i posed goes - to your answer - what factual sources were you drawing from that indicate the Assassins Creed franchise is in decline?

Edited by Captain_Cutscene
  • Like 1

You know, one of the reasons why Assassin's Creed II is my favorite, besides being an awesome game in itself, is because I had just been in Italy months before and I recognized not only the buildings but the streets and how to get to places, which was an amazing experience. I hope having been to London will have a similar effect, but the game needs to be good first. But I think it has potential.

And like Captain Cutscene explains above, this has probably been in development for years as it is not done by the same people who did Unity or any of the previous games for that matter, so it's not fair to say they make one after another, because they take their time. This one is being done by the guys who made the DLC for ACIII and ACIV and while I didn't play The Tyranny DLC I loved Freedom Cry, so I'm going in with a positive expectation.

Edited by Annare_

Assassin's Creed games released:

1) Assassin's Creed

2) Assassin's Creed II

3) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

4) Assassin's Creed: Revelations

5) Assassin's Creed III

6) Assassin's Creed: Liberation

7) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

8) Assassin's Creed: Rogue

9) Assassin's Creed: Unity

Which I played:

1) Assassin's Creed

2) Assassin's Creed II

3) Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

I doubt I wil be buying any after Black Flag though cause the franchise is on its way down now and it shall go down considering the fact that they basically copy paste the same game year after year and expect us to buy the game just because its in a "different setting". The franchise has been milked too much now, let it go.

I was off the boat a long time ago

You forgot Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's chronicles, Assassin's Creed Discovery and Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines.