Scattered mess of games!

Dreakon13

Scattered Games  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What does your Playstation library look like?

• All Physical...
    • All Digital... (one account)
    • All Digital... (multiple accounts)
    • Physical And Digital... (one account)
    • Physical And Digital... (multiple accounts)

This may look like a "physical vs digital" thread, but I assure it's not.

Something I noticed about my PS3 and (now) PS4 games, is that I've stupidly made some alt accounts over the years, and my digital collection of games are scattered across all of those accounts.  Leaving me in a scenario where I would have to utilize all of these accounts on any new Playstation consoles I get to have access to all of my games.  A frustrating thought.

This is on top of the fact I have a handful of physical copies of other games as well.  Hell, I don't even own half of the games I have on this profile anymore.

My collection is nothing short of a variable mixed bag at this point.  A scattered mess of games.  It's killing my OCD, but first world problems, amirite?  On the plus side, being open to both kinds of media does afford me the opportunity to always get the best price for my games. ;)

Anyways, I'm curious if people are in the same boat as me, or if I have unusual purchasing habits.  So the question isn't what would you WANT to have... but rather, what DO you have?  What does your library look like right now?

Edited by Dreakon13

...I have a lot of digital games, but I also own a bunch of physical copy games, too.  I believe the ratio for mine is online around 20 to 25 p.c., some which ain't on here because (like Folklore, my fave) have no trophies.  As for selling, I only do it if the game is really horrible...no chance I'll ever pick it up again.  As for alt accounts, I don't have any...can't help ya there.  I chose to stick with the plain ol' one I first picked :)

some which ain't on here because (like Folklore, my fave) have no trophies

Slightly off topic, but that's always something that burnt my goat... I don't care about trophies necessarily, but I would love for games without trophies to have their place on my profile.  Obviously there would be no "completion" percentage, but just to have them officially represented in my library of games with all the others would be nice. :)

The majority of my games are retail games, but I also have a growing collection of digital games, most of which are from PS Plus. Since my brother has a second PS3 that he barely plays on, I download some games onto his PS3 for extra space. My brother and I also share a PS4 only account, but I don't go on it that much.

I didn't have any digital games prior to this year. Now my overall library is probably very close to 50/50. I subscribed to ps + back in February and now have quite a bit of freebies installed. I also bought a few digital games from some really good sales during the year. Although for the most part, I still prefer to buy physical because then I have the option to resell or trade. No other accounts I use besides this one.

If its on disc, I get that version rather than digital. That way I have the option to trade in if I don't likle the game or know I won't play it again once I'm done. Unless there is a steep discount for the digital version, or its on IGC. In which case, I'll get the digital version.

Only one account so far.

I only have one account, the lovely Lovejinder_LJ

I try to mostly buy physical copies of games so that, the worst case scenario possible, a psn user losing his digital games due to hacking and whatnot does not really affect me. I only buy digital games which don't take up much space and which I don't mind losing.

If its on disc, I get that version rather than digital. That way I have the option to trade in if I don't likle the game or know I won't play it again once I'm done. Unless there is a steep discount for the digital version, or its on IGC. In which case, I'll get the digital version.

Only one account so far.

Same here :lol:

Spreading digital purchases across multiple accounts within the same region is a bit silly.

I have an AU main account which I use for most of my PS Store purchases, and for DLC for physical discs that I import cheaply from the UK. The only other PSN ID I use to buy games is a US account, because they tend to be 30-50% cheaper than I pay locally. I earn trophies solely on my AU account, so it's easy to manage.

In terms of physical vs digital - I typically go for physical, but for PS3 games that have online MP, I prefer digital because I can install it on two PS3s and self-boost the trophies. If a game is cross-buy, like Destiny, CoD Advanced Warfare, R&C Collection, or Dragon's Crown, I'll buy digital to get two copies of the game on PS4 / PS3 / Vita, sometimes getting double the trophies for the same dough.

Overall, I don't care if it's physical or digital, I'll buy whatever is cheaper at the time. But I am forced to buy Vita games on my AU main because they're account-locked.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

I usually get digital games if they're nicely discounted (and from the IGC ofcourse). Same goes for physical pretty much, with an occassional brand new full price game if I really want it. Good thing about the physical games is that you can resell them when you're done with it :). I generally don't go back to a game I've finished anyway, so those digital games are just sitting there.

Edited by Ric

So far all the games I have for my PS3 are physical but all my Vita titles are digital except for one. I'd have more physical copies but they don't really sell Vita games where I live and I don't want to pay extra for the shipping for every game I want.

I don't have a dummy account for games I don't intend to play either.

All the niche games I own are always retail, especially imports.  These games are hard to come by, and as a limited edition collector for these games, getting them off the Japanese store digital just won't cut it!  :P  However, I have five accounts total - EU (main), JP, NA, HK and UK.  I've only used the latter two once each, but all except the EU are used solely for store exclusives in that region or for great deals I just can't miss.  Although I am among the retail > digital horde, if there's a great deal on a game that I would otherwise purchase retail, I'm gonna snap that shit up.  #BargainHunter

Spreading digital purchases across multiple accounts within the same region is a bit silly.

That was not the plan going in, rest assured my friend.  The only alternative now would be to either disregard all of the games from my other accounts (which wouldn't be fun, as some of them are currently present and unfinished on this account)... or start yet another new account, and pretend all of the others never happened lol.

Edited by Dreakon13

I'm 50/50, for me it's purely the price. 
If there's a game on a cheap sale on the PSN store, why not grab it? It'll be a long time before it's that cheap in stores.

If I'm at the shop and I decide to browse and find some games for a price, why not grab them?

I have about 50-60 retails, and 40-50 digital, so I really am 50/50 with my games.