Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

HeySumbode

The visuals look amazing. The gameplay looks fun, then again so did FFXIII's and that turned out to be crap.

It just doesn't feel like Final Fantasy at all, to me. Where are the wacky looking characters? Where are the chocobos? Where are the unique looking locations? This looks like a Japenese boy band having a road trip in future Japan.

• Like 3

The visuals look amazing. The gameplay looks fun, then again so did FFXIII's and that turned out to be crap.

It just doesn't feel like Final Fantasy at all, to me. Where are the wacky looking characters? Where are the chocobos? Where are the unique looking locations? This looks like a Japenese boy band having a road trip in future Japan.

This!

And it worries me how fun it can be to walk around in those giant maps, I fear we might end getting bored.

This!

And it worries me how fun it can be to walk around in those giant maps, I fear we might end getting bored.

Hey, that would be a welcomed change to FFXIII's linear hallways. Where Square Enix said, "Exploration? What's that? No, no, hurry up and mash auto battle down this hallway so you can see our next cut scene. Only 6 more hours of this and you'll be finished with our movi-err, game."

I realize the game is probably a long way off still, but the voice acting and lip syncing looks terrible.  The voices are almost comical in that trailer.  Hopefully they take the opportunity to clean that up.

Otherwise, it looks cool.  Graphics are obviously fantastic... and it'd be really interesting to have a sprawling open world RPG in a non-post apocalyptic scifi-esque setting for a change.  Something the Final Fantasy's have drifted away from since FFVII and VIII.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

I realize the game is probably a long way off still, but the voice acting and lip syncing looks terrible.  The voices are almost comical in that trailer.  Hopefully they take the opportunity to clean that up.

Otherwise, it looks cool.  Graphics are obviously fantastic... and it'd be really interesting to have a sprawling open world RPG in a non-post apocalyptic scifi-esque setting for a change.  Something the Final Fantasy's have drifted away from since FFVII and VIII.

Completely agree!  The visuals are amazing and I can't wait for the game, but the lip syncing was absolutely awful! I trust that this will be better when the demo and eventually the game comes out.

Looks awesome  :wub: . "Now in development"??? So what about the past 8 years. Here's hoping for a release date at the E3 2015. 

Development started from scratch when Tabata took over the project, in July 2012, so we have to count from there onwards. I think we'll get a release window at E3 2015, this game will probably arrive around May/June 2016, still a long way off :(

English lip syncing can't look terrible because there isn't any. The lip syncing in the trailer was made corresponding the Japanese voiceover, still not done for the English voice acting. The voices sound pretty bad though, hopefully they'll polish it :)

• Like 1

The lip syncing in the trailer was made corresponding the Japanese voiceover, still not done for the English voice acting. The voices sound pretty bad though, hopefully they'll polish it :)

If that's what they're doing, they might as well have just kept the original voices for the trailer.  It's not like people would be shocked to hear a in-development Final Fantasy game in Japanese. xD

If that's what they're doing, they might as well have just kept the original voices for the trailer.  It's not like people would be shocked to hear a in-development Final Fantasy game in Japanese. xD

I'm actually thankful for them doing that. After 8 years in the dark, Tabata knows SE owes us fans quite a lot, which is why he's being extremely open and straight about how the development is going. Not only him, but his whole team. In an interview he said that every time the team gets something done they can't wait to show it to everybody, and actually, the staff got a bit upset with this trailer because it was meant to advertise, thus it featured less content than the one they would've liked to show (as in a tech demo, for example)

The TGS trailer got English voices a week ago, and now they've released this one simultaneously with both English and Japanese voices, as a way to say "hey, we're localising the game already" (The demo will have English/Japanese audio and Jap/Eng/Ger/Spa/Ita/Fr texts and subtitles). Lip syncing takes A LOT of work because it means redoing every single cutscene (plus lines said during gameplay, which have been getting lip synced in the latest games as well), by E3 2015 an English lip synced trailer is a given I think, and hopefully the demo will also feature it :)

That been said, I'm not a fan of the voices chosen, maybe they'll get feedback from the fans, Tabata has answered quite a bunch of questions made by people in forums, proving the point that he is paying attention, hopefully they are still in time to make some adjustments :D

It looks incredible... I havent been this excited over a game in so long and I havent been excited over a Final Fantasy game in over 10 years. This has now become my most anticipated game and I'm hoping it will bring the series back to the level it deserves to be. The cast is a big step up from the previous games we had on PS3. Also hoping we will get a Japanese audio for the game. Judging from the trailer the english voices arent the best.

Revealed on the Letter from the Producer Live (a regular live broadcast) at the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival in Tokyo.

The Manderville Gold Saucer (presumably founded by Godbert Manderville) includes various mini-games including Super Dunk, a Gilgamesh punching mini-game, and others. 

The music is a remix by composer/sound director Masayoshi Soken of Nobuo Uematsu's original Final Fantasy VII Gold Saucer theme.

"Gold Saucer Active Events" (we assume are similar to FATEs) will also occur there.

An in-game currency for Gold Saucer can be bought for gil. No "additional fees" will be required to use the content Gold Saucer.

It'll also serve as a hub for Chocobo Racing and Triple Triad.

Your chocobo will be given a separate "racing level' with stats like stamina that are important for racing. Feeding it certain items will change these stats.

For Triple Triad you can challenge both NPCs and other players. Cards can be acquired by buying them for Gold Saucer's currency, winning them from NPCs, or obtaining them in battle contents (dungeons, trials, etc.). There's 80 cards in for the mini-game's launch. The Final Fantasy XIV version of the game will also have some new rules -- they're currently working on 'em.

Gold Saucer will go live in Patch 2.51, after Patch 2.5 "Before the Fall" this Spring.

More on Final Fantasy XIV:

• Do I get any free time if I buy this?

Yep! 30 days. There's also a free trial for PC and PlayStation 4, deets further down.

• This is one of those SUBSCRIPTION GAMEZ! What are the monthly fees like?

ilKoqhU7TXz7U.png

• What's come out since the game has launched?

Patch 2.1: A Realm Awoken trailer:

Patch 2.2: Through the Maelstrom trailer:

Patch 2.3: Defenders of Eorzea trailer:

Patch 2.4: Dreams of Ice trailer:

• Is there a free trial?

Level 20 cap, communication restrictions (RMT), other restrictions apply.

• Resources?

The Lodestone, official community resource: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/

A Realm Reborn official product page: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/product/