Have you abandoned a psn because you didnt like the username?

JayPrey

I knew from the beginning you woudn't be able to change your PSN ID (at least for a long time) so I spent a lot of time thinking of an ID I'll be happy and conforable with so I don't regret it later.

Of course it was hard to find an ID that wasn't taken but at the end I was able to find something short and original and without dashes or numbers.(something that I personally don't like)

And here I am with my very first PSN account which I have no plans to abandon at any point :)

Edited by Aexuz
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies. I purchased almost all my vita games digitally so if there was a way to be able to play those games on my new account i would definetly just use jayprey. but maybe blinky isnt so bad... I was thinking it would work if i had an avatar of blinky the ghost from pacman

No.  This is my only one and I would never just up and abandon it because, well, look at my profile.  I'm gonna do away with 42 platinums?!  That's probably somewhere's between 2 and 3 thousand hours of time.  HELL NO!!  I hate my PSN ID, but I figure sooner or later Sony will institute the ability to change your PSN ID for a fee.  Too many people want it and lately it's become quite the issue with articles on IGN and such.  Heck, if I remember right, Shuhei Yoshida, himself, has been asked about it.  My feeling is it is going to happen.  I'm thinking and hoping - fingers crossed - within the next 2 years. 

Nope, I'm careful with the names I choose and very easy to please. Though I don't like having a first and last name without a space between, I was just too eager to play my PS3. I'm Hoshi Lockhart on a few other sites, as well, and Hoshi's become my online pen-name, so I'm still happy enough. If I could change it, I probably would, but I'm not throwing all my hours into Sims 3 and especially Skyrim down the drain. I love time-consuming games.

I'v thought about changing, but I'm happy enough, and put a lot of time into my profile, so I think I'd end up regretting making another profile. I'm in the same boat as Tail Red pretty much.

The one I have right now, yeah I've thought about abandoning it loads of times but I have too many platinums and what not to do that now.  I would like a name change option in the near future but I'll just stick with mine until that ever happens.

Yes I have abandoned my first account but I think I already talked about it in a thread before, it was not related to not liking my username but more of being more true to myself and making fellow gaming friends that are supportive/accepting which to this day I am very thankful for.

• Like 1

Yes I have abandoned my first account but I think I already talked about it in a thread before, it was not related to not liking my username but more of being more true to myself and making fellow gaming friends that are supportive/accepting which to this day I am very thankful for.

Was this your previous ID? Sorry, that joke was too hard to resist making.

I think there comes a point where even if the username you chose when you were younger isn't great, there's just too much progress / too many purchases associated with an account to give it up, especially in a community like this one where people play / buy a lot more games than average. I couldn't bear to give up the ol' Pie account, even if I've tried to transition away from this moniker elsewhere. As many people have said, it'd be nice if we could get an XBLA / Steam-style name change feature, but I'd be surprised if that gets introduced after 8 years.

Nope... This is the only account I've had. Only account I need. A username should show your personality, and what you're into... but never define you as a gamer... unless your username is like ASSgroper99... but you can tell from the get go.... that they didn't put much thought into it other than LOLS so foony 

Was this your previous ID? Sorry, that joke was too hard to resist making.

I think there comes a point where even if the username you chose when you were younger isn't great, there's just too much progress / too many purchases associated with an account to give it up, especially in a community like this one where people play / buy a lot more games than average. I couldn't bear to give up the ol' Pie account, even if I've tried to transition away from this moniker elsewhere. As many people have said, it'd be nice if we could get an XBLA / Steam-style name change feature, but I'd be surprised if that gets introduced after 8 years.

Funny enough I have been called a Lesbian_Devil before lol it was during an online game in U3... that person was even in my team.

I have TRIED to abandon DaiGuardHeroes (named after an anime I was once into, but realized that sucks now), only to come crawling back to it time and time again due to all my purchases and progress.

I had a previous account, but for... reasons, I don't anymore. If I hadn't gotten greedy, I'd still be with that one, and would still have ALL my old purchases and rare trophies that are now forever lost due to server closures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...