Uncharted 4 Has Multiplayer, Naughty Dog Confirms

Azaan60

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncharted-4-has-multiplayer-naughty-dog-confirms/1100-6424495/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

It may not come as much of a surprise, but Naughty Dog has now officially confirmed that Playstation 4 action-adventure game Uncharted 4: A Thief's End will include a multiplayer mode.As part of Game Informer's February issue, released today, the developer revealed that the 2015 PS4 exclusive will have multiplayer. Unfortunately, the studio wasn't ready to talk more about it.The first Uncharted game, 2007's Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, did not have a multiplayer mode. However, follow-ups Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009) and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011) did, boosting the replayability of the game for some.

In early 2013, Naughty Dog launched something of an experiment when it made Uncharted 3's multiplayer mode a standalone free-to-play game. At the time, the developer even said it would consider taking the same approach with future games, which would potentially include Uncharted 4.

Naughty Dog launched a public beta for Uncharted 3 ahead of its release in 2011, but it remains to be seen if the developer will do the same for Uncharted 4. The game is due out later this year, though Naughty Dog has not yet announced a release date.

Personally I enjoyed UC2, UC3 and TLoU's MP, so I'm excited for this; but I hope the MP trophies aren't as annoying

They also shared some new story details (UC3 spoilers)

At the end of Uncharted 3, we saw Nathan and Elena don their wedding rings and talk about a fresh start. But in Uncharted 4, Drake's peaceful new life won't last long.Naughty Dog revealed Uncharted 4's premise in Game Informer's February issue.

The story picks up three years after Uncharted 3, and Drake has settled down with Elena, his wife. His routine is disrupted when Sam, the older brother he assumed to be dead, bursts back into his life.

Sam says he must find a legendary pirate artifact; his life hangs in the balance. And just like that, with the promise of adventure and the opportunity to help a family member, Drake is back in.

Their journey will take Drake and Sam to Libertaria, a mythical pirate colony in Madagascar -- though Naughty Dog says the whole game won't take place there. Two rivals, Rafe and Nadine, are trying to find the treasure first, and they're out to make your life difficult.

Naughty Dog added that, after designing the somber world of The Last of Us, the team had to turn the intensity back up to 11 for a game with Uncharted's level of action.

Though there will of course be several gameplay changes from previous games, one of the most important is the new focus on how Drake gets around the environment. With new tools like the rope and the climbing spike, Drake can discover hidden caves, get a better vantage point for a fight, or avoid some groups of enemies altogether. The levels will still be linear, while offering much more space to explore.

Edited by Azaan60

The vanilla trophies will most likely be easy, but the DLC ones...  :rolleyes: i have a bad feeling the DLC trophies will be a pain again, they've always been annoying in the past. Both hard and luck-based, mixed with the fact that it's a MP trophy, is there anything worse than that?

I don't mind if the online trophies take many hours, I just don't want to have to be forced to boost. AND PLZ ND NO TREASURES!!111!!1

They always will put treasures, if all Uncharted's have, why this shouldn't? Just go to a youtube video and picked them all easy!  :yay: