BeautifulTorment

The Metalhead Thread

640 posts in this topic

It's been out for a while now, but only just came out on Spotify and Itunes yesterday. If you like instrumental metal, you can't go wrong with this EP.

Edit: Spotify link seems to be broken, so I added a video.

Edited by Ariadne

Great to see more metal lovers out here. I play guitar daily and I love everything from rock to metal. I appreciate all kinds of metal although I am not the biggest fan of black metal. My favourite bands are: Iron Maiden, Lamb of God, Pantera, Gojira, KSE, Ghost, Megadeth, Dethklok, All That remains (earlier albums), BFMV (earlier albums). 

Just saw Nothing More and Ghost this past weekend. One of the best shows I've ever seen. If they are in your area with this tour I can't recommend it enough.

On 23/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, ZoutjeNL said:

Great to see more metal lovers out here. I play guitar daily and I love everything from rock to metal. I appreciate all kinds of metal although I am not the biggest fan of black metal. My favourite bands are: Iron Maiden, Lamb of God, Pantera, Gojira, KSE, Ghost, Megadeth, Dethklok, All That remains (earlier albums), BFMV (earlier albums). 

Sounds like a good list. Black metal is not for everyone. 

On 24/10/2019 at 1:08 AM, Jaydepps said:

Just saw Nothing More and Ghost this past weekend. One of the best shows I've ever seen. If they are in your area with this tour I can't recommend it enough.

I'm seeing Dragonforce tomorrow with a friend who is seeing Ghost later this month. I'm not, sadly. Maybe next time. 

Awesome thread man! I myself am a big fan of thrash, speed, crust, hardcore, doom, sludge, stoner, black metal (my favorite) deathmetal. Here's a cool song by one of my favorites, Xasthur. (Solo Black metal artist) He recently a few years back formed a band called Nocturnal Poisoning but changed their name to Xasthur which is what he used to go as when he had his solo project. 

8 minutes ago, thefinalboss_666 said:

Awesome thread man! I myself am a big fan of thrash, speed, crust, hardcore, doom, sludge, stoner, black metal (my favorite) deathmetal. Here's a cool song by one of my favorites, Xasthur. (Solo Black metal artist) He recently a few years back formed a band called Nocturnal Poisoning but changed their name to Xasthur which is what he used to go as when he had his solo project. 

I like both old and new Xasthur. I started listening to Telepathic With the Deceased a little while back and just... felt it. I wasn't really listening per se, if that makes sense. I need to finish it one day, but it's not really music for all occasions, more music for feeling like shite.

And as far as introductions go; hi! I used to listen to a lot more metal than I do now. Nowadays I mostly listen to atmospheric/depressive black metal. There are a handful of 'regular' black metal bands I can tolerate though, most are copy cats riding off of the success of Burzum and Darkthrone.

Might as well keep the black metal ball rolling. Rafn from Sweden has to be my favourite artist by far. He has a tremendous amount of creativity and a good work ethic, releasing not only consistently good music, but doing so for several releases a year across several projects. Hermóðr is by far my favourite of his projects:

I think I already linked my favourite black metal band (Battle Dagorath) on the previous page. Keep the black metal coming! 

How have I missed this thread.

Ghost was already mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but I especially like this acoustic version of Jigolo Har Megiddo.

Great work. Try to keep up that pattern as long as possible. You'll be at 666 games soon. This is the first song I usually think of.