What's your current Average Rarity?

STFUxDxD

On 14/08/2018 at 9:30 AM, Fish613 said:

looking for average rarity. Yours is 40.74%. The lower, the better. 

Anyway, back on topic... mine's 37.4%. I know mine isn't that low. It's my personal opinion that Average Rarity is the most important/biggest stat/number for trophies. I see people with 95%+ completion percentage and 10,000 trophies with hundreds of platinums, etc etc.... and it means nothing when their average rarity is like 50%+ and have around 50 ultra rares. But it's also my personal opinion that trophy hunting is not a competition, so to each their own :)

My bad, thought completion percentage. Anyways my average rarity is 40.74%.

angel_soma.png

On 2018-07-26 at 1:23 PM, Djaspoo said:

I'm at 48,55% but I've never really monitored this.

It actually doesn't really mean anything to me as I don't consider trophy rarity as a very good metric. A very rare trophy could either mean that the requirements to get it are extremely hard (or long) OR that the game is so bad and/or unknown that very little players actually play it long enough to achieve said trophy :)

I'm more interested in tracking Completion % and 100% Games.

I have the same opinion: I’d rather 100% the games I play then just play rare/difficult games.

That said, my average rarity is currently 50.15%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does average even matter much, I imagine most people will be around the same, and from what I've seen here, most are 30s/40s and yet their profiles can be vastly different. When you average up whole games and whole profiles, even if they have mostly super rare platinums etc. the average of the game is usually never super low, only a few games have that kind of low average, so unless you're literally only playing those games and avoiding anything else odds are you're 30%+.

Only thing you can see in average is if someone's 50%+ then odds are they're either only playing easy games or have a low completion % (since early game trophies have the higher %s).

Anyways, my results:

This account - 51.25%

Main account - 31.25%

Obviously this accounts % is higher since I don't really even play on it has low completion and most common stuff, but interestingly, it's still only just over 50%, I guess that shows even if your trophies are a majority of common ones you still barely end up >50%

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

37.02% ..... almost under 37%. 

On 9/25/2018 at 11:00 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

Does average even matter much, I imagine most people will be around the same, and from what I've seen here, most are 30s/40s and yet their profiles can be vastly different. When you average up whole games and whole profiles, even if they have mostly super rare platinums etc. the average of the game is usually never super low, only a few games have that kind of low average, so unless you're literally only playing those games and avoiding anything else odds are you're 30%+.

Only thing you can see in average is if someone's 50%+ then odds are they're either only playing easy games or have a low completion % (since early game trophies have the higher %s).

Anyways, my results:

This account - 51.25%

Main account - 31.25%

Obviously this accounts % is higher since I don't really even play on it has low completion and most common stuff, but interestingly, it's still only just over 50%, I guess that shows even if your trophies are a majority of common ones you still barely end up >50%

Does average matter much?  To me personally, it's the MOST IMPORTANT stat.... above everything else.

Keep in mind, everything i write is my OWN OPINION ?

If someone has a completion % of 96% (completion, NOT rarity average), it's not that impressive when their average rarity is over 50% (anybody can have a 90%+ completion if they only go after easy trophies. Gathering a lot of super easy trophies only means you have a lot of time on your hands, nothing more. I don't consider trophy hunting a competition at all. But for those who do; more credit should go to the person getting the tough trophies, NOT the person with more trophies (unless that person also has the tougher trophies of course lol). 

To touch more upon what you wrote; you wrote it yourself....... people's profiles with 30% and 40% can be vastly different. That's the entire point. They are suppose to be different because there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between someone with 34% rarity and someone with 36% average rarity. I know 2% might not SEEM big, but in terms of trophy hunting, it is. For example, Someone with just 200 games played has a COMPLETION % of 88.74% with 6,100 trophies.  That person could go can complete 3 whole games for around 100 trophies and their % would only go up to around 88.85% (i didnt actually work out the math, im just using example numbers, but it would be something very similar to what i wrote). You say your main account is 31.25% .... go see how many hours, how many games and how many trophies that will take to get it down to 29.25% (2% lower).

Lowering trophy rarity is the hardest thing to do in trophy hunting, thus making it the most important stat.

Anyway, mine is 37.02%

• Like 1

On 20/04/2017 at 0:22 PM, Agent 47 said:

49,09%

I play a lot of easy games like LEGO or Telltale but then I play through games with a high abandon rate as well like Road Not Taken or Velocity 2X so I guess it all evens out in the end. Should be a bit better once I finish all those games I have on my card with only the one most common trophy obtained (I used to do dives occasionally where I obtained one trophy in all of my backlog games, and then I'd continue playing on the game I liked the most).

On 16/05/2017 at 8:24 AM, Agent 47 said:

49,18%

Got very rare trophies in This War Of Mine, Kung Fury and Titan Souls and the likes but I'm ruining it by playing stuff like LEGO Marvel Avengers, Late Shift and Horizon Zero Dawn.

47,38%

What can I say, I stopped playing LEGO and Telltale and I started doing more stuff in the games that I have played, so my average rarity is slowly improving.