profile views bug?

Hi,

is there an issue with profile views figure being buggy at the moment? I ask because my profile views went from a little over 1000 (mainly me updating when not logged in, i guess some people I've met boosting etc) to 16,000+ in 2 days which tbh I've found a little unnerving! I post in the forums occasionally but not enough to warrant that kind of attention. I haven't played anything requiring multiplayer in a while and I haven't achieved some spectacularly rare trophy either (on the contrary I've been working my way through my backlog of rather ordinary lego games)

any ideas?

• Like 1

I let Sly know about it and he says it looks like a bot hit random pages or something like that, I think he fixed it and he said it shouldn't happen like that again :P Not sure if he can efficiently revert the numbers though, enjoy your newfound popularity, lol

Right, so is there a chance we could tie this to the recent server slowdowns and all the 502's people got?

I remember there was a driver error yesterday, though not sure what could've caused it tbh, but it hasn't hit all of us because I'm still on my 1k xD

I forgot about that.  This might have been a DDoS attack.

EDIT: looks like Sly's been hard at work, everyone's numbers look more realistic now.

Edited by Superbuu3

I forgot about that.  This might have been a DDoS attack.

EDIT: looks like Sly's been hard at work, everyone's numbers look more realistic now.

The error was me, moving servers soon so I'm prepping stuff. I've put a little restriction on the view counts so they shouldn't fly up like this any more.

• Like 4

The error was me, moving servers soon so I'm prepping stuff. I've put a little restriction on the view counts so they shouldn't fly up like this any more.

Nice work man, sounds complicated.  Its cool to see an admin who admits he caused an error and is able to fix it so easily, lol.  Seeing how the Eu blog handle things at times, makes me really appreciate the fact you are vocal (although admittedly I hadn't actually noticed the issue, until it was pointed out).

Nice work man, sounds complicated.  Its cool to see an admin who admits he caused an error and is able to fix it so easily, lol.  Seeing how the Eu blog handle things at times, makes me really appreciate the fact you are vocal (although admittedly I hadn't actually noticed the issue, until it was pointed out).

It's not really an error, just where the database server was restarting, I should replace it with a less scary message stating that :P

It's not really an error, just where the database server was restarting, I should replace it with a less scary message stating that :P

Don't worry, I don't understand technology in any shape or form, so everything would make me panic.  I'm still trying to decide if closing my bedroom door effects my WiFi :huh:

While I've got your attention if you don't mind me asking, since you've been doing this site do you actually have time to play games? It seems insanely busy.

• Like 1

Man, if all IT errors were as minor as this, we would be in very happy word =D

I'm still trying to decide if closing my bedroom door effects my WiFi  :huh:

Depends on your router.

But, no, it generally doesn't.

While I've got your attention if you don't mind me asking, since you've been doing this site do you actually have time to play games? It seems insanely busy.

If you check his trophy log, you can see that he does play =D

Man, if all IT errors were as minor as this, we would be in very happy word =D

Depends on your router.

But, no, it generally doesn't.

If you check his trophy log, you can see that he does play =D

Sly is a celebrity though. I'd assume he has two different playstation IDs. I mean way before I paid attention to this site I knew who he was and there's not actually anything on the trophy side of the site that directly says his name (unless I missed something).

In fact I'm certain Sly has a bunch of groupees who will from now on be referred to as Slymer's I coined the term.