Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

Hmmm, let's see how many people I can get to add me to their ignore lists for having a different opinion to them... :P

1. Mobile gaming is irredeemable trash and is harmful to console/PC gaming.
  2. PC gaming isn't anywhere near as good as people claim it is.
  3. Nintendo don't know how to create good hardware, they make terrible business decisions, and they need to go away already.
  4. PlayStation exclusives are vastly superior to Nintendo exclusives.
  5. The PlayStation Vita is the best handheld ever made.
  6. Japanese RPG's are better than Western RPG's.
  7. Video games are better at storytelling than movies or books ever were.
  8. Skyrim is perhaps the most overrated game of all time.
  9. The Assassins Creed series was never good. Average at best.
  10. Heavy Rain is an overrated plot hole-filled mess.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Everyone knows that Flareon is the worst Eeveelution by all criteria =D 

Sure, with Physical/Special split helped it a bit, but even with it, it's completely unusable =D

Considering we were talking about favourites, that doesn't really matter, I still prefer Flareon. =D

It's also a fun Pokemon to use, maybe because people don't expect it, then it proceeds to wreck them with Flare Blitz. =DDDD

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Hmmm, let's see how many people I can get to add me to their ignore lists for having a different opinion to them... 

Inb4 "Your opinion is not better than mine you should agree with my opinion because my opinion is right"

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Hmmm, let's see how many people I can get to add me to their ignore lists for having a different opinion to them... :P

3. Nintendo don't know how to create good hardware, they make terrible business decisions, and they need to go away already.

3. Agree, although I think they just need to make better decisions, not die out. They seem to still be trying to reel in the guys that bought a Wii, failing to realise those types of casual gamers only buy a console every 20 years or so. Most Wii's are probably in cupboards, never being used anymore.

5. Disagree, purely becuase of the annoying rear touchpad.

6. Disagree, purely because of Witcher.

But I agree with everything else, especially Skyrim being overrated.

39 minutes ago, Xeliot said:

Persona 3 is better than Persona 4

This is not an opinion, this is a fact :awesome: 

Anyway... is it really unpopular...?

I would say HUGE majority of players that played both would agree with this.

But most people did not play P3 and that's why P4 tends to be more prominent.

20 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The PlayStation Vita is the best handheld ever made.

This is unpopular? :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, those first four are not really that unpopular on a PlayStation forum. It's saying something about the unpopularity of the Vita that even on a PlayStation forum, thinking the Vita is great counts as an unpopular opinion.

I agree that Nintendo makes some bad business decisions but their hardware is excellent (with exception of the Wii U, and that's more of a "too many undefineds" type of thing) and I do want them to stick around.

PlayStation superiority of exclusives is highly debatable. Personally, the PlayStation exclusives have been more miss than hit these past few years.

Disagree on RPGs, I can get into the western ones much easier. The Witcher III is vastly better than any JRPG I've tried.

Videogames better than books or movies... mèh. All three can be great media and all three have flaws. It's telling that many games these days praised for their storytelling don't have stellar gameplay per se but have just gotten more cinematic than the rest.

Skyrim overrated? Try The Last Of Us.

Assassin's Creed is awesome!

Agreed on Heavy Rain.

Fine, my list...

1. Naughty Dog's recent Uncharted and The Last Of Us franchises are overrated. The stories are nice but the gameplay is bland (and Uncharted has some hefty romantic plot tumours).
  2. The Last Of Us in particular is very overrated and does not deserve to be headlining any "best game ever" list, let alone so many.
  3. I still like the Assassin's Creed series, I enjoyed every main game and Rogue as well. I didn't mind that the wow-factor was lessened, I just enjoyed getting to play some more AC every year.
  4. Trophies and achievements are ruining casual gaming, in several ways.
  5. PS+ games are good value for money and I feel like getting my money's worth even though I only pay for PS+ because of those games.
  6. PS3 and Vita games on PS+ should make way for more PS4 games.
  7. A PS4 or X1 is needed as a side console for the more graphically taxing games but Nintendo is the way to go for the main console.
  8. Until Dawn got ruined because of the unlikable characters which I did not care for at all.
  9. Realistic track racing games will never be as compelling as futuristic track racing games.
  10. Online multiplayer gaming is stupid and I want more games to be single player only, or offline multiplayer.

There, I think that should do for now...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asvinia said:

3. Agree, although I think they just need to make better decisions, not die out. They seem to still be trying to reel in the guys that bought a Wii, failing to realise those types of casual gamers only buy a console every 20 years or so. Most Wii's are probably in cupboards, never being used anymore.

I would love it if Nintendo started to make better decisions, but after watching that recent Switch conference, I have no faith in them whatsoever to turn things around. Same old Nintendo...

5 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

5. Disagree, purely becuase of the annoying rear touchpad.

Yeah, the rear touchpad isn't great, but it's rare that I've ever come across a game that forces you to use it. Most of the ones that do are launch games I've found. I still think it's an incredibly well-designed machine and it puts Nintendo handhelds to shame in terms of build quality.

7 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

6. Disagree, purely because of Witcher.

The Witcher is great, I certainly won't deny that. There are lots of great western RPG's, but I just think JRPG's on the whole are better.

11 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

But I agree with everything else, especially Skyrim being overrated.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

This is unpopular? :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Some people clearly haven't seen the light. :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I would love it if Nintendo started to make better decisions, but after watching that recent Switch conference, I have no faith in them whatsoever to turn things around. Same old Nintendo...

We must have been watching different conferences because I had zero faith in Nintendo since the launch of the Wii U, UNTIL the Switch conference.

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, the rear touchpad isn't great, but it's rare that I've ever come across a game that forces you to use it. Most of the ones that do are launch games I've found. I still think it's an incredibly well-designed machine and it puts Nintendo handhelds to shame in terms of build quality.

The controls are very annoying whenever you want to play a PS4 game...

article_post_width_Assassins_Creed_4_Rem

(taken from an AC game but it's the same for every game, just without the specific touch pad stuff)

Dunno if you were part of that discussion a week or so ago but the Vita is very annoying and painful for people with big hands. Having to use it like this makes it even more painful.

And nah, Nintendo consoles, be it home or handheld, are built to last. The Vita is not poorly built (not taking controls into consideration for this point) but it's not better than Nintendo handheld consoles.

41 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

1. The sky is blue. Water is wet. The sun is bright. Apple is a fruit.

2. On what grounds are you proposing this?

3. Maybe. But why "they need to go away?" Isn't it because you can't stop buying their stuff?

4. Not sure if unpopular.

5. The best handheld with the worst games.

6. Racist xD

7. But these video games are usually really bad at being video games.

8. If that opinion is unpopular, doesn't that mean Skyrim is actually considered underrated?

9. Can't answer to that.

10. Can't answer to that neither.

---

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

We must have been watching different conferences because I had zero faith in Nintendo since the launch of the Wii U, UNTIL the Switch conference.

It's called having a different opinion. It happens, sometimes.

---

[Unpopular Gaming Opinions]

>All JRPGs are better than WRPGs

(...The popular thought every weeaboo is going to say.)

Edited by Hyakulegger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Screw you, man :P

Or wait... 

Doing his could actually make Plus lose subscribers and Plus could be made great again

It's as Trump says... PS4 first.

Or did he say "grab them by the PS plussie"? It's hard keeping track of his quotes.

Seriously though, PS3 had sold over 80 million units by 2013 and PS4 had sold over 50 million a year ago. I wonder how many PS3s are still being used regularly and how many of those regular users also have a PS4, and how many of those that use a PS3 while not owning a PS4 actually have PS+.

1 minute ago, kuuhaku said:

I'm curious about this. None of the casual gamers I know care about trophies/achievements in the slightest. How are they ruining the casual gamer's experience at all?

First and foremost: temptation. They're there, so it's tempting to get reeled in (speaking as a casual gamer turned achievement hunter turned achievement hater). While they can extend your gaming experience, in general I don't really think they actually enhance your experience.

They interrupt your experience (except if you turn notifications off but the consoles come with the notifications on, to this day many people don't know that simply turning the notifications off is an option). Yeah, thanks for popping a trophy saying I defeated the monster the second the cutscene starts even though in the cutscene it still looks like the monster might make a final stand.

The only safe way of dealing with them is by not looking at them at all, many are able to spoil late-game twists at the drop of a hat. But then comes my first point again: they're there, so it's difficult for many people to completely ignore them.

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

First and foremost: temptation. They're there, so it's tempting to get reeled in (speaking as a casual gamer turned achievement hunter turned achievement hater). While they can extend your gaming experience, in general I don't really think they actually enhance your experience.

They interrupt your experience (except if you turn notifications off but the consoles come with the notifications on, to this day many people don't know that simply turning the notifications off is an option). Yeah, thanks for popping a trophy saying I defeated the monster the second the cutscene starts even though in the cutscene it still looks like the monster might make a final stand.

The only safe way of dealing with them is by not looking at them at all, many are able to spoil late-game twists at the drop of a hat. But then comes my first point again: they're there, so it's difficult for many people to completely ignore them.

To add to that, some people get to the point where they don't even care about what game they're playing as long as they can get that sweet Ding

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

To add to that, some people get to the point where they don't even care about what game they're playing as long as they can get that sweet Ding

Exactly, that's what I meant as part of my first point. I played some pretty nasty stuff just for easy completions on the X360, glad I got a second chance with trophies, which I now ignore more often than not.

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

1. Truth 1000%

2. It's better for some games such as RTS games but otherwise it's not all that it's cracked up to be

3. overall true

4. subjective as they still have Xenoblade chronicles, fire emblem, and pokemon

5. The original DS would like a word with you

6. Mostly true

7. Depends on the game

8. Destiny would like a word with you

9. True, with the best being AC II

10. GET. OUT!

more from me!

1. I found Uncharted 2's multiplayer to be uneeded and downright awful

2. I found Star Fox Assault to be the last good Star Fox game

3. Shadow the Hedgehog is the best character in the Sonic universe outside of Sonic himself.

4. Five Nights at Freddy's is legit a good game with a creepy back story.

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

1. Trophies and achievements are ruining casual gaming, in several ways
  2. Until Dawn got ruined because of the unlikable characters which I did not care for
  3. Online multiplayer gaming is stupid and I want more games to be single player only, or offline multiplayer.

- So I (and most of us here since this IS a trophy site) loves us some trophies, but occasionally, I wish there was an option to turn off trophies from a game completely and just enjoy the experience. I don't mean hiding. I just mean off. 

- God I hated Emily. So much. 

- I personally don't enjoy online gaming either. I also hate when games have a handful of trophies linked to online play when it's a single player centric game. But I don't hate on MP in general, cuz some love it. Just not my thing. 

On 2/21/2017 at 7:21 AM, Hyakulegger said:

I think Life is Strange is a French production. And everybody knows that French people does cheesy things (pun non-intended)!!! xD

I would assume that French people probably like it more than Americans do.

It is indeed French, and published by Square Enix.

On 2/20/2017 at 3:54 PM, kuuhaku said:

That's not an unpopular opinion. Even HDN fans know it sucks.

I don't think they suck. Except the firat one, but I was interested enough that it got me to buy the sequels. I LOVE the Nep series.

Edited by AnimeDreama

On 2/20/2017 at 6:55 PM, FeralTurtle said:

-Even though Troy Baker may be overused as a VA, he's an amazing at it and a great individual in general that definitely deserves to be where he's at.

10000000% agree! He is my favorite voice actor EVER. Only Nolan North can match him imo

• Like 1