Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

ICO is a very, very overrated game

BioShock Infinite is trash and the story is a mess. Also, Grandfather paradox ending

Zelda hasn't been good since Windwaker. Not one of them

Metal Gear Rising is a better DMC than DmC: Devil May Cry

DMC 4 is better than 3 and Nero is a very, very deep character thanks to sword revving and I'd rather play as him than Dante.

• Like 1

ICO is a very, very overrated game

BioShock Infinite is trash and the story is a mess. Also, Grandfather paradox ending

Zelda hasn't been good since Windwaker. Not one of them

Metal Gear Rising is a better DMC than DmC: Devil May Cry

DMC 4 is better than 3 and Nero is a very, very deep character thanks to sword revving and I'd rather play as him than Dante.

Well meme'd

• Like 1

If that is an unpopular opinion then all of the world must be on crack.

Bubble Bobble is fucking outstanding!

I don't know if it is or not, but it is definitely an underrated gem of the NES. Plus the whole idea behind being two dinosaurs on a hunt to get your girlfriends back is great. Also, having to play 2 player to get the good ending and that always blew my mind as a kid.

• Like 1

Well, it's not my controversial opinion; it's more like my comment on others' controversial opinion.

People that say Disney games are just very easy, stupid, poorly made, money grabbing, kids games are people that haven't played the games themselves and are just speaking out of their asses based on the hearsay of other peoples' broken perception, bias, egos and fear of hurting their pride.

I should know; I was once one of them. Then I grew up and tried the games for myself.

It turns out that the majority, not a few, the majority of them are actually really FUN. I tried a few and then tried a few more. The trend continued and still continues. I've since made it a goal to play as many as I can. I'd recommend that anyone give them a try. Megamind and How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2 are the next 3 on my list. :)

So, the next time the opportunity arises, forget what others would possibly say and feel free to give a few of these fun titles a go:

- Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension

- RISE OF THE GUARDIANS

- UP

- Brave

- Disney Universe *

- Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two ***

- Toy Story 3 ***

- Puss in Boots

- Shrek Forever After *

- Kung Fu Panda 2 *

- Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole *

- Rango ***

The ones with the * are really good titles and *** are games that are some of the top notch, AAA level games and the whole list is (seriously) just to name a few of the good ones. :)

• Like 1

• Mass Effect 1 is the best in the series and is a great game.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 are decent games. Nowhere close to great.

The GTA series (apart from Vice City) is absolutely boring.

Halo 1 and Halo Wars have the best single-player of any Halo game, and Halo 1 the very best Halo multiplayer.

Killzone 3 was a downright terrible game, and Killzone 2 is the very best in the series (and its weighted controls were great).

Resident Evil 3 is the best in the series.

Tank controls and fixed camera angles are great.

Tetris is the best video game ever made.

Both Super Meat Boy and Shovel Knight control far better than Mario in Super Mario Bros. 1 - 3 or Super Mario World.

Edited by Fluttershy

A game can be enjoyable even when...

• it has "PS1/PS2" graphics (or even older)
  • it's not running at 60fps
  • it has QTEs
  • it's more of an interactive story/movie
  • it has long loading screens
  • it has long cutscenes
  • it's text-heavy
  • it's a kid's game
  • it's a licensed game
  • it's an indie game
  • it has DLC
  • it doesn't offer the original Japanese voice acting
  • it's easy or has no difficulty selection
  • it has glitches
  • it has a lot of collectibles
  • it has cooperative/competitive multiplayer
  • it has an unimaginative trophy/achievement list
  • it has no platinum trophy

Also, I've never hated a video game I've played #tooeasytoplease

• Like 3

- I don't like Assassin's Creed (The first one became really repetitive and the present day parts were a turn-off for me. I'm not gonna bother wasting my money on another Ass Crap game even though my friends insist that the others are better.)

- I don't like Sonic The Hedgehog. (I hate the original Sonic games too.)

- I don't like Borderlands (garbage)

- I don't like Destiny (it's a Boringlands clone) 

- I enjoyed Duke Nukem: Forever (I understand that it's flawed, felt clunky and the humor was a little dated, but at least it was finally released. I have played far worse btw. I had more fun playing DNF than I had playing the games I mentioned above.)

- I enjoyed Snake's Revenge.

- I enjoyed Watch_Dogs

- I enjoyed the ending for Bioshock Infinite.

- I enjoyed Silent Hill: Downpour.

- I enjoyed Bioshock 2 and don't see why it gets hate. The multiplayer was a little difficult to get into, but it proved to be very fun.

- I'd like to get into Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but it's a little boring.

- FarCry 3 and Vaas are overrated as fuck. (FC3 is mediocre at best and Vaas isn't even remotely cool. FarCrap Classic and FarCrap 2 were shit as well and I most likely wont even bother with FarCrap 4)

- Battlefield 3 had a decent campaign.

- Sephiroth is very overrated.

- Aeris' death isn't iconic or sad.

- I want more Metroid games.

- I want a PLOK remake.

- I'd like to see more from the Forbidden Siren series.

- I want a Dino Crisis 4. (I just hope it's more like the first one.)

- Dino Crisis deserves a remake like Resident Evil.

- Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake deserve remakes too.

- I NEED MORE SURVIVAL HORROR GAMES.

- I wish the Vita would release more physical copies.

- I wish there was more to the Vita than kawaii weeaboo shit. (I enjoy FPS games, but it simply wont work on the Vita because it hurts after awhile. More Horror and Adventure games would be nice.)

- I want a Manhunt 3.

- I want a Nightmare Creatures III.

- I want Goemon games to come stateside.

- I'd like a future Resident Evil game to go back to the old camera angle and get rid of merchants/shops. A game is scarier when the camera is manipulated a certain way when you can't tell what's nearby and being able to buy guns and ammo removes the "Survival" aspect. 

- I would have liked Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker to have been part of the Vita HD Collection

- Metal Gear Solid 2 is an amazing game with a crazy ending, but it's still the weakest of the series IMO. MGS is superior.

- I enjoyed MGS4 for what it was even though there were tons of crazy long cutscenes. It did a decent job with trying to wrap up the story, but I felt that Snake's rapid aging was just an awful way to try and bury the series quickly.

- Liquid Snake > Revolver Ocelot

- Modern Warfare 3 is the worst COD. I now boycott the series.

- Sega Saturn should have lasted longer in America.

- The DS and 3DS are just $200 Pokemon machines.

- Suda 51 is awesome and deserves more recognition. 

- Resident Evil 4 is overrated. I like how it tried to be different, but it started to get shitty after the village.

- There hasn't been a good Mortal Kombat since Mortal Kombat II.

- There are some good games based off of movies.

- Pokemon games haven't been fun since Gen III and FireRed/LeafGreen. (There are a lot of neat improvements though. I still hate the PP training bullshit.)

- I don't like how you have to rely on VATS in order to be any good in Fallout.

• Like 1

- I don't like Assassin's Creed (The first one became really repetitive and the present day parts were a turn-off for me. I'm not gonna bother wasting my money on another Ass Crap game even though my friends insist that the others are better.
- I don't like Destiny (it's a Boringlands clone) 
- I enjoyed the ending for Bioshock Infinite..
- I want more Metroid games.
- I want a Dino Crisis 4. (I just hope it's more like the first one.)
- Dino Crisis deserves a remake like Resident Evil.
- I NEED MORE SURVIVAL HORROR GAMES.
- I wish there was more to the Vita than kawaii weeaboo shit. (I enjoy FPS games, but it simply wont work on the Vita because it hurts after awhile. More Horror and Adventure games would be nice.)
- I'd like a future Resident Evil game to go back to the old camera angle and get rid of merchants/shops. A game is scarier when the camera is manipulated a certain way when you can't tell what's nearby and being able to buy guns and ammo removes the "Survival" aspect. 
- I enjoyed MGS4 for what it was even though there were tons of crazy long cutscenes. It did a decent job with trying to wrap up the story, but I felt that Snake's rapid aging was just an awful way to try and bury the series quickly.
- The DS and 3DS are just $200 Pokemon machines.

Grand reply, Mr. Death. I agree with you on a remake for Dino Crisis, superb game. Along with several others.

Edited by AVenGer777rocks

- Gen III (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald) is the worst Pokémon generation. Yes, too much water.

- Assassin's Creed: Unity was actually a pretty good AC game. At least it was better than III and Revelations.

- Call of Duty: Ghosts wasn't as bad as people said it was. I preferred it to Black Ops II, AW and MW3

- GTA V, while a good game, is vastly overrated and GTA IV was just really boring.

- Borderlands is boring.

- I think Uncharted games are good and fairly entertaining but... they're not that good.

- I didn't enjoy Far Cry 4 because I felt that it's just a copy of 3 in a different environment (should have seen that one coming though).

- Destiny has an amazing lore (too bad that none of that is actually in the game...).

1. Kingdom Hearts fans say that the games have good gameplay, nonetheless, it's only popular because it's a giant Disney, Final Fantasy, emo circlejerk

2. Metal Gear Solid is a legendary series plagued with Japanese video game cliches. Overly complicated plot, sterile boring environments, gratuitous amount of cut scenes that would make film makers jealous.

3. Call of Duty is the same shit every iteration, not even an exaggeration, sadly. Mediocre mindless games at best.

4. There hasn't been a great Sonic game since the Genesis era

5. Assassins Creed is just as bad as Call of Duty with its rehashing; if not worse

6. 2D Zelda> 3D Zelda

7. I prefer Vice City and even Chinatown Wars to San Andreas.

8. Hyperdimension Neptunia is weeaboo trash along with half the games that feature one dimensional anime girls

9. I love Mortal Kombat, but it's one of those style over substance games with basic fighting game play. Most of the other known fighting games are superior.

• Like 1

5. Assassins Creed is just as bad as Call of Duty with its rehashing; if not worse

I don't think any game could get as close to the definition of rehashing as CoD has. AC2 and Brotherhood were really similiar though.

- People think Saints Row IV and Black Flag were the best in their series'? Yeah no.

- GTA IV > GTA V.

5 was good. Not great, just good. I think I would have prefered just one playable character. I can't really put my finger on what I don't like about GTA V.

- Don't know if this counts as an unpopular opinion because I've seen mixed views on this game, but Watch Dogs was Shit (with a capital s).

• Street Fighter is highly overrated & is quite possibly the least balanced & worst fighting game franchise available, not to mention a cash grab.

Western-made RPGs are extremely cliché, extremely repetitive & dull.

Resident Evil 4 & 5 were the 2 worst main entries in the series.

Rockstar are highly overrated developers.

Naughty Dog are highly overrated developers.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is incredibly dull & uninteresting.

Ninja Gaiden 3 is not a bad game.

Mortal Kombat is highly overrated.

F.E.A.R. 3 is better than any COD game I have played.

Assassin's Creed went downhill after Assassin's Creed II.

• Like 1