Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

15 hours ago, Zanreo said:

The main reason I don't like Melee much is really that there's too few characters I really like playing as x3 Most of my faves were introduced in Brawl or Smash 4

That's partly my reason too. Brawl took almost everything Melee had and expanded on it with more characters, stages, items, music, modes, etc. The only drawback is that the pace is slightly slower and really the only people who seem bothered by that are competitive/super serious players.

2 hours ago, RabbiAndy said:

That's partly my reason too. Brawl took almost everything Melee had and expanded on it with more characters, stages, items, music, modes, etc. The only drawback is that the pace is slightly slower and really the only people who seem bothered by that are competitive/super serious players.

SLIGHTLY lower? I guess, in the sense that the new Zelda game was SLIGHTLY hyped.

I can't be called either competitive or serious, I just like my fighting, racing and minigaming to be fast and chaotic.

16 hours ago, RabbiAndy said:

Yeah, and I'm not really competitive either x3

Speaking of competitive, I feel smash balls/final smash should be allowed in tournaments... lots of other fighting games have special super-strong attacks, what makes final smash so different?

And I don't get insisting on the "tournament" style of play when just playing for fun (no items, only a few stages allowed) but 90% of times I've seen people play at cons/events/ect, that seems to be the unwritten rule. Items and "gimmicky" stages are just part of the fun x3

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

Yeah, and I'm not really competitive either x3

Speaking of competitive, I feel smash balls/final smash should be allowed in tournaments... lots of other fighting games have special super-strong attacks.

And I don't get insisting on the "tournament" style of play when just playing for fun (no items, only a few stages allowed) but 90% of times I've seen people play at cons/events/ect, that seems to be the unwritten rule. Items and "gimmicky" stages are just part of the fun x3

Bring the speed, bring the items, bring the stages, bring the chaos!

1. Remastered games aren't as bad as everyone says, there are people out there who haven't played all the best games from the older generations and remasters give these people a chance to try them.
  2. PS + is actually worth the price of admission (even after the price increase, but you need all 3 platforms to get the most out of it) and I actually like the vast majority of the games that they offer, at worst you can at least say you didn't pay full retail for a game that you didn't like (games like SSX and Helldivers make up for games like Gone Home or Datura).
  3. I'll always enjoy English VAs more than Japanese VAs because I can understand them, would rather watch a butchered version of an anime that has english VAs over the original for this reason ie. Yu-Gi-Oh!
    • If an anime or game has even a slight chance at a dub/localization I would rather wait for that than import or watch it with subs, but if it's something I want to watch that won't get an english dub then I'll suck it up and make due with subs.
  4. NBA 2K16 is my favorite game (so far) on the PS4, even if it's trophies are devilishly hard and some of the BS that the AI does makes me want to break my controller
  5. Some sports games are really fun and worth buying, but no sports game is worth buying annually or even 2 years in a row.
  6. The first Hyperdimension Neptunia is actually pretty good, once you get past the terrible graphics and learn how to use the combat system.
  • Like 1

I'd rather have smaller/less known games for free PS+ games than the big AAA releases, and not just because I don't personally care for most AAA - it's a nice chance to check out games you otherwise wouldn't have tried or even known about

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Zanreo said:

I'd rather have smaller/less known games for free PS+ games than the big AAA releases, and not just because I don't personally care for most AAA - it's a nice chance to check out games you otherwise wouldn't have tried or even known about

Exactly my opinion. I already have played most AAA games I'd like to play on the PS4, But I'm getting a fun game I've never heard about but still enjoy almost every month.

• Like 2

Not all new games should be open-worlded. The original idea of open world, like you see in MMOs and older games like FF12, should be brought back and this single map idea of the category should be left well alone by those who do it best (GTA, Tomb Raider, etc). IMO.

We need a Dragon Age sequel.

Edited by GarryKE

• 3 weeks later...
  1. The Classic aka 2D Sonic Games - 1, 2, CD, 3 & Knuckles - are all heavily overrated.
  2. Jak X: Combat Racing is heavily underrated and deserved a better overall metacritic score/reception.
  3. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier is not as bad as Jak fans claim it to be.
  4. Naughty Dog are very overrated game-developers.
  5. All Modern Sonic games made by Sonic Team objectively are not bad.
  6. (The topic is like never actually discussed, but...) Jak is still Naughty Dog's best designed, strongest, and most developed main character of all the m.character's they've created.
  7. Sonic Unleashed is a good Sonic game.
  8. Pokemon Red and Blue are not the best handheld Pokemon games.
  9. Generation 1 Pokemon are not the best, and Generation 5's are overly criticized.
  10. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a great spinoff franchise that can hold its own against the main series.
Edited by Mar
  • Like 2

1. The Ratchet and Clank PS2 games are better than the PS3 ones 
  2. Remasters aren't really as bad as everyone thinks they are. As long as they don't affect new games coming out people should welcome them
  3. Digital > physical
  4. Jak 1 is the best Jak and Daxter game. Jak 2 is trash and while Jak 3 was a big improvement over Jak 2 it's still not all that great (Has a pretty good soundtrack though)
  5. The PS2 GTA games are trash when you take the nostalgia goggles off Even though they were groundbreaking in every sense of the word when they released. 
  6. The PS3 UI is bad, slow, and clunky.
  7. Gearbox are the masters of Looter shooters
  8. Call of Duty going to the future was pretty awesome. Disappointed to see the series going back to it's roots this year. While the multiplayer for the past 3 cod titles have ranged from bad to decent the single player campaigns for all of them have been awesome. Advanced Warfare's campaign was especially awesome
  9. Consoles should go in the same direction smartphones have gone. Rather than have console generations consoles should adopt the smartphone business model releasing a new console every 3 to 4 years while not forcing consumers to upgrade to a new console every 3 years. A nice balance where consumers don't have to buy a new console every 3 years, but are forced to upgrade every 6 years would be appreciated. With consoles most likely having the X86 architecture moving forward it should be fairly easy for developers to release their games on multiple consoles similar to what developers are doing right now with the PS4 and PS4 Pro. Also consoles going in this direction would ultimately guarantee us forward and backwards compatibility which would be great.
  10. I wish Sony and Microsoft would stop charging for online and bring back online passes 

Edited by Ratchet