Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

There's a lot of fun to be had here, heh...

I'll keep my first comment simple, though:

Unpopular(ish) Opinion: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is not the only good Jak (and Daxter) game in the series. Each game does things better and worse than each other.

• Like 1

Most fighting games sucks. Mostly about learning some combo and when to use them. Very repetivtive etc., Indies are undrrated and AA overrrated? no that's not unpopular enough.  FPS games, e4specially military shooters are boring. I don't care if it's third or first person shooter, same shit as far as I'm concerened.

1 minute ago, Hyakulegger said:

What you just said makes no sense. Why would they be fans if they think it sucks? Or is it like that sort of horror movie fans that love bad 80's/90's horror movies?

Pretty much. It's so bad that it's good. The games are parodies of overused tropes. If you go in thinking it's anything but a parody then you're going in with the wrong mindset.

Now for my own unpopular gaming opinions.

Handhelds are far superior to consoles and pc.

Free-to-play/pay-to-win games are fun

Mobile games aren't killing the gaming industry

Games that are high in story and low in gameplay (Visual Novels, Adventure games, etc.) are still games

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Pretty much. It's so bad that it's good. The games are parodies of overused tropes. If you go in thinking it's anything but a parody then you're going in with the wrong mindset.

Even for a parody it's pretty plain and boring. Parodies aren't supposed to be devoid of substance. I don't get what the fuss is about the series, it just sucks. From A to Z.

It is not a popular opinion. Fans obviously don't hate it.

Ask Vert. It's his favorite game ever.

Edited by Hyakulegger

Hmm, let's see.

1. Hatsune Miku is terrible. Terrible games, terrible music, but the characters are pretty, aside from the twins.

2. Final Fantasy and MGS are overrated, they were good for their time, but there's better out now. They have not aged well.

3. Breath of Fire is underrated and better than FF1.

4. FFVII Remake will be a HUUUUGE disappointment and will only sell because of nostalgia. I expect it to be barely an upgrade from FFXIII.

5. Injecting the LBGT agenda does not automatically make a game good.

6. Nioh is better than Dark Souls.

7. Kojima likes to think he's some mysterious God of games but in reality just has a huge ego and is only well known because everyone has their 90s nostalgia goggles on.

8. Raichu is cuter than Pikachu.

9. Flareon is best Eeveelution. Come at me bro.

Edit: Another unpopular opinion I've formed with the hype around Horizon, is that female characters are usually very forced and badly written. They either have some wannabe dudebro attitude or are weak and feeble, never in between.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 3

-Even though Troy Baker may be overused as a VA, he's an amazing at it and a great individual in general that definitely deserves to be where he's at.

-Video game reviews are for the most part useless, if you're interested in a game then play it, don't let someone else's opinions on it sway you from at least trying it.

-Just because you're good at Dark Souls or x game doesn't make you a god, it just means you can play this game and have the upper hand at similar games.

-The FFXIII trilogy was great and Lightning is one of the coolest (for lack of a better word) FF characters.

-I generally don't like going for trophies since most of the time there's more grind over exploring the rest of the game's content (which is why I go for trophies), so only if it's a game I really like and don't mind platting in general.

-Many people of the gaming community of today (I don't even like to use that term) have to learn to shut up and understand or at least try to understand developers and respect them, pretty much almost always. However, I'm still glad games have gotten more popular and have been getting more positive recognition in general.

Yeah I guess that's all I got for now, pretty fun topic. >.>

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Haven't really heard him in many games, less than 10 according to his work history. Johnny Yong Bosch is another example of way too many games he's in

I think I've heard him in every English-voiced SMT game I've played and most of the time he does like 10-20 uncredited NPCs by game (including the ones he makes (an) important character(s)) and it's always obvious that it's him no matter how hard he tries to not sound like himself.

16 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

4. FFVII Remake will be a HUUUUGE disappointment and will only sell because of nostalgia. I expect it to be barely an upgrade from FFXIII.

5. Injecting the LBGT agenda does not automatically make a game good.

6. Nioh is better than Dark Souls.

4. I'll buy because I expect it two have new story segments and retcons, and also because it's a complete remake instead of a half-assed remaster. Also, the first version's localization was piss poor, so it'll be interesting to see the story in its full integrity.

5. No honest person ever said that.

6. But it is.

Edited by Hyakulegger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hyakulegger said:

5. No honest person ever said that.

The game in particular I was thinking of was Gone Home. That was not worth even close to it's price but if you didn't like it you were a homophobe. Also all the back patting Bioware gets for their same-sex relationship options. I have no issue with these things being in games, but jeez I'd rather hear more about the gameplay/story. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

The game in particular I was thinking of was Gone Home. That was not worth even close to it's price but if you didn't like it you were a homophobe. Also all the back patting Bioware gets for their same-sex relationship options. I have no issue with these things being in games, but jeez I'd rather hear more about the gameplay/story. 

These people calling you homophobe for not liking a game (which is obviously not immediately a valid reason) are but a small fraction of people who are idiots. No gamer is listening to them. I can tell you as someone who is bisexual that I don't give a flying fuck about any game that has pro LGB messages in it. People want to play games. What else is there to wish for?

People liking a game only for its pro LGB messages are not gamers, but activists. Their opinions do not contribute to "gamer's opinions".

Edited by Hyakulegger
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

if there was a valid refund system in place

Even without one, I'd still prefer the system to be as open as possible to as many games as possible. Of course, I would welcome a refund system too for those occasions where you do get burned by hype or misleading advertising. 

Came to read bashing of Japanese games.

Was not disappointed.

Okay, here I go.

1) Western games are inferior to anything Japan produces.

2) Graphics is not the most important part of game.

3) Indies are superior to AAA games.

4) Multiplayer is NOT important part of game and should never be more prominent than single player

5) Reviews do not mean a thing

5.1) Youtube 'personas' are NOT valid reviewers

6) Watching Let's Play is not the same as playing the game

7) Remasters of the one generation old games are pointless

8) Not everything must be on PCmustardrace platform

9) Playing a game with your own music is bad. BG is in game for a reason.

10) SKIPPING VISUAL NOVELS IS A DISGRACE

(Who did not expect #10? :awesome:

And something about the so-called brilliant story games from west :awesome: 

Life is Strange is an over-Americanized poorly written teenage drama that probably only Americans can appreciate fully.

Heavy Rain is a badly written 'detective' story that breaks all detective stories rules. (Beyond Two Souls >>>>> Heavy Rain)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Asvinia said:

Is this sarcasm? :S I'm confused!

1. Smash Bros Melee is worse than both Smash 4 and Brawl
2. The first generation of Pokemon designs are, overall, kinda plain and boring, newer designs are way better and more interesting

3. The majority of AAA games aren't that great

4. Rhythm games are great and one of the most underrated genres

5. Consoles (home console and handhelds) are better than PC for gaming

6. I'm not at all interested in the idea of a Pokemon MMO (then again I'm not a fan of MMOs in general)

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1