Preferred characters?

Gatatog

I've been playing the game quite a bit over the past couple of days and since I'm slowly getting the hang of the characters and seeing some clear favourites among them, I was wondering who everyone prefers to use. Do you have one character you choose as your active for every mission, do you have a few that you rotate between, or are you trying to give them all an equal amount of time?

Personally, I'm trying to level them all, to a certain degree, so that I'm not stuck with anyone massively underpowered in case I might need them, but I'm rotating through them solely while I do sidequests or just randomly running around the world map. For missions, I have a few very obvious favourites, those being Ace, Sice and Seven, although with Queen and Deuce subbed in for one, since they're my main (levelled, but not really played) support characters.

Overall I think Ace is my number 1 because I just love how quick he is; his dodges make it so easy to avoid attacks and his cards are great at either mid or close range.

I have to admit though, I love Nine as a character because he's one of those all brawn and no brains kinda guys, and some of his lines just make me laugh :P

I try my best to use all the characters and level them all the same, though, of course, there are characters that I have such an easy time with and am able to demolish things easily. Eight, King, and Queen are the three characters I'm best at. Eight is really fast on the field and I love getting close up and fighting the enemies, plus he can easily hit killsights. King has an advantage over Eight, though, as he is long range, so he is much more helpful in certain situations. I use Queen as a mix of physical and magical attack, her physical attacks are pretty fast and can easily hit killsight as well, and her magic is great with the right equip.

Well I try as best I can to level everyone equally, however I usually end up using a select like 5 memebers. As far as characters I like its sort of broken down into different categories.

Favorite Charaters:
1. Sice (Best Girl<3)
2. Seven
3. I don't really have a 3rd

Primary Teams:
1. Sice (Main Active)
2. Seven                                  
3. Rem (Manalchemy is win)

1. Cater
2. Sice
3. Deuce or Rem (Best Supports)

Characters I'm best with:
1. Cater - great range and speed with one of the fastest Killsight hits.
2. Ace - amazing dodging skills as well as nice support/attack abilities.
3. Queen - pretty good evasion with a fantastic killsight hit speed.

I love Sice and Seven to death but Sice's attacks are very awkward at times and will totally just miss a enemy even at point blank range. They also both suffer pretty bad from being wide open after their attacks but at least both have Drain HP skills to make up for it. 

• Like 1

My favourites are:

1. Rem I LOVE HER :D

2. Deuce, she's my full support character. Also she uses a flute, which I loved in dynasty warriors lol (Zhen Ji).

3. Chater because she's long range and kinda has the same hair as selphie from ff8 xD

I effin. HATE Machina, Jack and cinque. Ugh ugh ugh lol

Edited by Exponention

Like a couple of people here, I seem to have increasingly negative feelings towards Machina, not as far as his skills and fighting abilities go but for him as a character. I'm on mission 4-5 and he's just getting annoying and whiny, blaming everyone for everything, and if I was Rem I'd feel suffocated by his clingyness.

Also, Evangelionheart, I couldn't agree more about Sice's attacks. I love playing as her and she's got some really great abilities, but her normal attacks do seem very hit and miss. I have a similar problem with Seven now and then but she's much less prone to missing than Sice. The overworld can be a nightmare for combat because the camera mixed in with all the shubbery can sometimes make it a little difficult to judge distance.

My main party is Sice Deuce and Queen. And I only bring those other two to buff Sice. Deuce with her AoE healing and AoE damage, Queen with her MP regen. Sice with stop and it's all GG. Sice, best girl. I sometimes swap Deuce with Seven just for something different.

I still need to use everybody, but so far Ace is my main. I like how quick he is, and he's one of my strongest so far.

I like Queen, but I've only used her as a backup, not actually playing as her. Seems like a good support character so far.

Eight is cool, but I didn't care for him when I first played as him. I couldn't get used to his playstyle at first. Took a while to get used to getting really up close to fight.

King is awesome, since it's so fun to just dual wield pistols....

I love Sice, mainly just as a character. I haven't played as her yet. She seems like a badass. And she uses a scythe! 

I am torn between Ace, Sice and Nine 

Ace cause he is just unique he really does a little of everything

Sice cause she reminds me of a Dark Knight (Main job I played in FFXI)

Nine cause he is the Dragoon of the group (Favorite class in the series)

but yeah i run these 3 the most and rotate thru them alot 

Cater (best girl) cause her dodges are insanely fast and her ranged attacks are pretty good.

Jack Because once you figure out how to control hos movements he is insanely powerful. I managed to defeat a few bosses in less then 10 seconds with him

I tend to swap out the third person for levelling them up but I tend to use seven, ace and rem. I try sice but I;m not very good with her and she usually is the first to die.

I have king (Best guy after the scene with aria!) as a substitute for cater every now and then and trey is also used if I want to take out foot soldiers quickly since i almost always get insta kills with him. (he's not very powerful to anything else to me though)

Edited by Shadowsnake777