Raged so much you broke something valuable?

IRadioman70

PS3 controllers got it the worst. Thanks FIFA. Now I'm playing it on the PS4, still raging a lot, but I refuse to throw the controller, it's too precious <3

And I admit, I have anger issues :D It doesn't take a lot to make my blood boil, even though I'm a gentle soul by nature :P

• Like 1

Threw my controller through a glass cabinet while doing challenges on god of war, breaking both...

Now i surround myself with pillows before every gaming session, it's worth the extra 5 minute setup and i can let my rage loose! :D

1 destroyed PS3 controller (rage)

1 decently body damaged PS3 controller (rage)

1 barely damaged with a messed up joystick PS3 controller (dropped it several times)

1 perfectly working but small piece of plastic on joystick broke and messes it up (again dropped it because i'm a dunce)

1 disintegrated POS cheap bluetooth headset (rage)

moral of the story.... wasted money for extremely stupid reasons and now set the controller down and smack my hand on my chair and curse the developers to hell

• Like 2

i broked two ps3 controller because i was so angry and stressed (it was also a very stressful period of my life)

one because of metal gear solid 2 VR mission: kill all the enemies with the sniper without getting them reach the box. awful.

the other one during fallout 3 when the game freezed, losing 40 min of game (while i was entering tenpenny tower). disgraceful.

Non-gaming related, while in boarding school one of the other boys pinched my room key and ran off with it. I thought he had gone to his room, so I started hammering on his door demanding he give it back. I didn't get a response, so I warned him I'd kick his door down. I didn't get a response again, so I kicked his door down. He wasn't in his room...  :blink:

Ended up having to pay for a new doorframe from my pocket money, and let the guy use my bedroom for his break-time sweet shop until it was repaired...  :facepalm:

• Like 2

- A lost SSF 4 match made me so angry, I shoryukened the open door of my closet. It literally exploded in 1000 pieces and my fist was swollen after that for a month or so.

- When i was younger, i walked from shool at home playing Mega Man on my GameBoy Color. I raged so much at this game that i smashed the handheld against my forehead and broke the screen. After that I was so sad, i began to cry lol

- Again when i was younger, my Charizard was consistently confused during a fight. That made me so mad i broke my golden limited edition Zelda GameBoy Advance SP in two pieces... 

Edited by Killua-ID
  • Like 2

Not fully broken but i squoze the joystick so angrily i damaged the body, you can hear it squeak when you lightly squeeze the controller now.

I also over reacted and tore of the rubber from the analogs...

Weirdly enough, i think it's fron tge rage squeeze but when i press L3 it also activates my triangle or circle button too.

Most of my rage abuse is verbal, and always directed childishly at the television, though I have pounded on my knee several times and threw a punch at the computer desk during an especially assholish Round of Warsong Gulch in WoW vanilla (a decade ago... Christ). It never makes me feel better. It was a Sauder brand desk (pressed sawdust, essentially.) I didn't break it, per se, but likely shaved years off it's life span.

Umm, never been that angry to wreck my own stuff (or someone else's ;). But recently I felt like it when I was trying to 100% Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection. Especially MK2. The A.I. in that game is so cheap that I wanted to eat my controller; break it in half and devour it. If it had been a disc and not a digital download I might have seriously thought about snapping the disc. But seriously I never get mad enough to act on my feelings. I usually just stop playing the game and come back later. It really does help.

- A lost SSF 4 match made me so angry, I shoryukened the open door of my closet. It literally exploded in 1000 pieces and my fist was swollen after that for a month or so.

LMAO

Some years ago when I got my PS3, I became really angry (don't know which game) and bit my controller. You can still see the teeth from a 12 year old in it  :S

Edited by LucasV9991

Was playing vita, raged too hard, threw it to the side, hit the sidebar of the bed, went to hit it again, missed and disclocated my canular.

Yeah. That broke my mentality.

EDIT: Just to make clear, a canular goes in your hand for IV medication, they have to put it in with a needle and if you dislocate it, they take it out and put another in. My veins aren't that good so it takes around 5 minutes to find the vein then another 5-10 cleaning up blood so that the canular can be stuck down successfully...

Happy days.

Edited by Lubed-up Lilly