Raged so much you broke something valuable?

IRadioman70

Probably not as much as some that posted here but destroyed a couple gamecube controllers yanked the cord out of one the other through on the ground rather hard

PlayStation 3 controller while they still work(well not sure about one of my black ones since I was playing battlefield 4 earlier and grenades were being thrown at random and Ammo pack as well)

Anyway some parts of that are broke still got a 4th controller that is in the condition I bought which I'm trying not to break, since controllers are a bit expensive

As for the reasons on that Drakengard 3 final boss, God of War challenge of the gods challenge 10 I think and don't know what else probably battlefield 3 or 4.

Otherwise I wind up punching my bed wooden part, or have my punched my leg and arm(which I don't really recommend doing)

luckly I haven't done nothing stupid like destroy my Tv or game system. although I kind of broke my Nintendo DS phat the hinge of the thing anyway surprised it still turned on.

other then that I have tried to snap my playstation 3  controllers in half

Edited by Nightstream88

I once broke my controller in half, not vertically, the bottom half where the grips are was snapped off. Fortunately, it was still functional so I just duct taped it back together and had another story to the perils of playing Demon Souls...unprepared.

• Like 1

I never broke anything because of rage... Also Im never at rage..  Why I should grant this emotion, that only leads to bad things, access over my mind?

Its probably the worst autopilot you can have.

... Seriously. Rage leads to Hate, Hate leads to Deaths, War, Destroying stuff...  It makes you blind and antisocial as craparonie.

Think about it... Why should you destroy something? Do you really think this helps you? "Oh I smashed a 60$ controller and need a new one. I love it to waste my money this way. ^_^ " or what? :D

Oh my god...dude... I think this wasn´t the right timing, neither the right place to post something cruel like this. -_-

No offense though, it just shocked me someone can be that... I don´t even know how to describe such a person. 

I wasn't trying to make a joke with my post. Sorry if it came across like I was. 

There are some nasty people out there. And it wouldn't be the first time that people have killed while enraged.

Well when i was young i was playing Pokemon Ruby, i accidentally ran into a Wingull that constantly spammed supersonic. after about 15 minutes of battling it managed to kill my whole much higher leveled team through 'it attacked itself in its confusion' alone. It was my first Pokemon game and i thought that when you died you had to start the game over again.

When it killed my team i headbutted my Gameboy Advance so hard it cracked the screen completely and cried for an hour. Good times.

AC3 made a lot of people angry. I'm glad we aren't like this dickhead though.

I'm a stay at home dad with my 18 month old daughter (all her life) so that shit really hits home with me. I always hate seeing stories of gaming parents that neglect, abuse, and sometimes end the life of their child because of games.

Now on topic, I've destroyed a few things back before PS3 came out. Mostly while playing Dragon Ball Z Budokia 2 and 3. I've damaged a few PS2 controllers, smacked my PS2 a few times, and even took the game out once and snapped it in half. I've gotten much better skill wise with games since then, so the only frustrating moments I've had since, are when something doesn't work the way it's either intended to, or isn't working the way you'd expect it too.

Like Connor not knowing how to keep his hands to himself while doing the most simplest of tasks...running...

Getting stuck on what appears to be a blade of grass while chasing down an enemy or target... lots of games

Being expected to perform something flawlessly, but having glitches interfere with such... Destiny

Jumping to your death instead of grabbing onto the very close ledge you're aiming for... most games containing parkour

While frustrating, I haven't broken anything since my DBZ Budokia days.

When I was younger I put in a perfect, scratch free, working copy of KOTOR in my xbox. All of the sudden at the character creation screen it freezes and I start hearing this weird noise. I take the disc out and it is now riddled with scratches. I got so mad I punched the top of my xbox with all my might and put a small crack in the logo. While I didn't break the xbox and my copy of KOTOR still worked, despite the scratches, that's the first and last time I ever raged like that. Now every time I look at my xbox I laugh. 

• Like 1

While me and brother were playing perfect weapon we both came to the conclusion that the game was complete trash. So I took it out of my system and frisbee'd it into a wall, it split in half on impact. That was the most fun we ever had with that game and that wasn't even out of rage. It was only a dollar so no big loss.

When I was younger I put in a perfect, scratch free, working copy of KOTOR in my xbox. All of the sudden at the character creation screen it freezes and I start hearing this weird noise. I take the disc out and it is now riddled with scratches.

Same thing happened with my PS2 slim and my copy of persona 4. The ribbon left a circular scratch around the disc. I didn't punch it though, I just felt a little like this for a while.

Michelle_Payne_Dead.jpg

My cousin and brother were over and I wanted to play Monopoly for PSX, they were like nah we're playing Tony Hawks. I took the disk out and snapped it in half and it blew up in pieces,

Wish I didn't do that, Tony Hawks>Monopoly but I was alot younger then.

Also Online sports games, make me go super saiyan in rage.

I have had a run in  with a glass door that i kicked aswell, 54 stictches later and It was 1 week till summer and school was out. Freaked alot of people out though, my calf had a huge slice in it and it was all jigglying. Wasn't really rage, just me being a highschool punk.

Edited by captaincheese

Thanks for the tip Dr. Phil.

HAHAHAHA Best thing I've read all day!

But I haven't personally broke anything. I thrown my ps3 controller at couches and stuff. Sometimes they've bounced off but apart from that nothing except a pair of singstar mics. Still haven't platted that fucking game.

• Like 1

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai

I have some pretty strong memories involving this game as a kid.. such as screaming at Cell, blasting my television with an imaginary shotgun, and slamming my controller to the floor. I'd say it only cost my mother $20 for a new controller.. not much value there, except for the priceless memories.

Edited by usrmd

Punched the screen of my Asus ROG laptop out of rage. I was so angry that I wanted my fist to go through it but just created a nice piece of modern art out of lcd cracks. Cost me 150$ to replace it. Never use your electronic equipment while you are mad.

• Like 1

Punched the screen of my Asus ROG laptop out of rage. I was so angry that I wanted my fist to go through it but just created a nice piece of modern art out of lcd cracks. Cost me 150$ to replace it. Never use your electronic equipment while you are mad.

Seconding this notion.. did the same thing to my Toshiba Satellite about 5 years ago, not sure what I was thinking, but I punched the top of the screen while it was closed because, get this.. it wouldn't charge! Let the battery die, replaced it in the morning, been working since. Split it in all directions, looks like a painted spider web now. Still use that laptop, though >>;

• 1 year later...

I've never broken anything because it's stupid to rage over a game. I understand frustration but anger I never really understood. Also to vent my frustration, I either punch a couch pillow or the back cushions on my couch.

The closest thing I've almost broken was my hand lol when I punched a locker at school though and a hardwall at my house.

The locker and the wall were fine thankfully.

• Like 1