Ever get stuck in a video game?

PREDRAG-K

So, I'm sure everyone has had at least one moment where you get stuck in a video game. It usually a puzzle, or a confusing map. Maybe you feel silly after finally figuring it out, because it was so easy. What are some of your most memorable 'getting stuck' moments?

I have a few, mainly from games I played before I used the internet.

1. FFX- The Djose and Bevelle trials. Djose wasn't so bad, but I had no idea how to jump over the small gap. Bevelle was just awful. So many routes, so much back and forth, too many hours wasted on it.

2. Rogue Galaxy- Gladius Towers. This was mostly confusing because of all the different floors. I ended up running around for hours, and somehow found the right elevator. I later found out that the top of the towers was the only place to find the rare Pegasus Insector. Decided I didn't really want it that bad.

3. Sonic The Hedgehog 3- Carnival Night Level. This only needs a picture. tumblr_m17uxlNrHK1r7i6tqo1_400.jpg

Myst 3 - I think I had to align some beacons or something at a certain angle and I just couldn't figure it. Back then there was no Googling the answers so I never have finished that game.

I can't really remember any others but Myst is the one that always sticks out.

Edited by Maftet

Can't really tell you how many times I got stuck on Shin Megami Tensei III, the game is far from the hand-holding games we have today.  It'll just have described something, you just had to journey about and figure out where it meant for you to go.  I remember the game actually had a walkthrough of the first part in it's manual which was a bit crazy, you just knew you were in for a game you were likely to get lost in when they felt the need to add that to the manual.  The worst thing when I got really badly stuck in that game, the EU version comes with the Maniacs expansion included.. which meant you could find these really OP bosses about.  It was one of those you have to save manually games, when I was lost and thought I had finally found the right place to be in (I was meant to be in a subway, I had found it) and boom, the Trumpeter appeared, wiped my whole team with one attack, back to title screen.. I lost several hours of work and forgot where I had actually left off at back then, so I literally had to start a new game to get me back on track, I had to do that a couple of times with that game.

• Like 2

Before I was aware of online walkthroughs the game Jedi Outcast would get me stuck in almost every level because of all the things you had to do just to get past a locked door. Usually it involved lots of backtracking and having to open up new paths on your own but you had to figure out what it was by making a vent explode or something, then having to navigate through new areas just to find the guy with the key on him. It barely gave you any hints either, so you pretty much had to just retrace your steps constantly and try a different path each time and hope something new happens. It always aggravated me especially when you had a lightsaber because you think you could just cut through the door.

FFVIII, When you have to fight the Red Dragon with Laguna, I was a little Efreet Fanboy and I used him to kill everything, funny thing is that his attacks were healing the Dragon so I was always on a loop with that enemy, I was a really stupid child back them, spent 2 hours trying to kill the bloody thing once, though he was simply to strong to kill, 2 weeks later my Dad saw me playing and after laughing his ass off he told me about elements  :facepalm: .

• Like 1

Secret of Evermore for the Super NES. There was actually a glitch where if you did part of the 2nd pyramid in the 3rd world in the wrong order it would drop a bridge you needed and you couldn't advance the game... Ever. Had to do a complete restart. If you knew exactly what you were doing you could reach that stage in 4-5 hrs. On a first play-through it was closer to 8-10. After the 3rd time this happened I put the game on a shelf and never touched it again, which is unfortunate because I absolutely loved the game.

I'm actually stuck right now. The Last of Us Grounded Mode: Financial District- Right after the hotel chapter.

Crikey - i remember that part - friggin ludicrous- but look on the bright side - once that is done everything else will seem easy - that is definitely the hardest section of the game on grounded mode!

• Like 1

Really man Sadman was worst that Macho man but not worst that Mike Tyson

Personally, I could handle Tyson just fine after the 90-second barrage. But I could never get the timing down(with consistency) on Macho's Spin Punch.

Alas, we can be friends if 007 373 5963 means anything to you.

Personally, I could handle Tyson just fine after the 90-second barrage. But I could never get the timing down(with consistency) on Macho's Spin Punch.

Alas, we can be friends if 007 373 5963 means anything to you.

That actually the code for fighting Mike Tyson so were are friends now  xD

I have told this story a couple of times but here it is again.

X-Men for the NES (yes that shitty title by LJN) me and my brother would only get 1 video game a year so you played the hell out of that video game. Well in X-men's case we beat all the bosses and then we were stuck. We knew that Magneto was the final boss (it says so right on the box) but we had beat all the stages and no Magneto. So we started to get creative (remember we were like 8 and 6 at the time). We used Nightcrawler and tried to phase through the the Training Room wall. We tried to beat all the bosses without losing a character. We tried beating the game with different characters etc.

Finally we had to quit as it was obvious we would never figure out how to beat Magneto :(...that is until the Internet came around :).

One day were over at my mom's for some sort of get together and we were talking about old games. We brought up X-men and my cousin was like "why don't you try Gamefaqs" So we did and we discovered something

Uncanny_X-Men_-_1988_-_LJN,_Ltd..jpg

See that bit of text underneath the Nintendo Seal of Quality (which is a bullshit lie but I digress) that is the code you have to put in after you beat all the bosses. BUT IT IS THE WRONG FUCKING CODE. They forgot the B button in front of all that.

So not only do you have to know there is a code on the NES cartridge (something that has never been done before) but the NES games slide into the console so it isn't even visible while you are playing (and remember you have to beat all the bosses to make the code work so you would have to turn off the game to see the code and thus reset all the bosses). If all that isn't confusing enough they put the wrong code on the cartridges so even if you know to do all of that, it still won't work :(

In the end we found the right code and beat the stupid game. It took 20 years and really wasn't worth it but at least I can say I have beaten X-men for the NES :(

• Like 3

I got stuck in Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor on the mission where you have to brand all of the war chiefs in the second area.

After a a little less than ten tries, I realized that there was no way I could possibly brand or even kill them all and simply ejected the disc and deleted the game from my PS4. No use in trying it over and over just to end up getting super frustrated.

It's kind of sad, too, because I was quite enjoying that game.

Yeah FF7 I got stuck a little, because of the way certain levels are shown. There were entrances, exits, climbable objects, that weren't that easy to find.

Then there was my first playthrough of DS2. I remember running through No Man's Wharf without a torch, getting pissed at the nightcrawlers with their long ass arms, and ended up despawning almost all the enemies just to get to the damn boss room. And then there were The Ruin Sentinels, f*ck them, that is all I have to say. But I only got stuck for a day or two which is alright I guess.

• 1 month later...