F22-Razgriz

Choose your Destiny.!!  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Choose ONE Only!

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • Fallout 4 (*recently announce)
    • Kingdom Hearts 3

I chose KHIII, but it's by no stretch of the imagination "just around the corner". They haven't even said if the world list is finalized yet, and they also switched engines about 6 months ago. We won't be getting it until late 2016 at the earliest (my money is still on 2017 though).

Hard choice between MGS and Fallout, but I will pick MGS since the series is definitely over after this game.

W-wait... You mean you don't want to play the amazing Metal Gear Microtransaction Ops and Metal Gear Rising Fruit Ninja on your phone? Think of the possibilities!

Edited by Blue Flare

Ugh.. Really tough choice here. Fallout 3 was one of my favorite games from last gen. With the DLC, I spent over 90 hours getting every achievement. But New Vegas ran like crap on my 360, and I eventually gave up trying to play through it. 

I've always loved Batman, and the Arkham games are fantastic. I even enjoyed Origins. I'm sure Knight is going to be great. But even so, I don't think I can choose it over KH3. 

It had been a long time since I last played a Kingdom Hearts game, before replaying the 1st one a couple months ago. Never played the DS and PSP entries, so the last one I played was KH2. But after Platting it, I can safely say I still love this series. Hopefully, KH3 is the finale(it is the last one, right?) we've all been hoping for. So that's where my vote went. 

I've never played Metal Gear Solid, by the way. That's why it wasn't mentioned. I do really enjoy stealth games(Splinter Cell and Hitman, in particular), so I really should probably give them a try. 

I honestly don't understand why Origins get so much negativity, the only bad thing about Origins imk was the atrocious multiplayer they added but the single player is definitely a quality Batman game. Personally I thought the story was really good and the combat system is basically the same as City but with some new gadgets. Origins also has some of the best boss fights and the best variety of enemies in the series especially the martial artists enemies. It may not be a Rocksteady made game but it was still a quality Batman game and I don't think it should be passed up if you are a fan of the series dood.

The combat system is definitely not the same as city. AC's combat was responsive, and polished; I play the challenge maps to this day because of how good it is. In Origins sometimes you'll try to chain punches together and Batman will punch the air making you drop your combo. The gadgets are practically the same as City's as well, they just gave them new names or made them more useless: The glue grenade is basically the freeze grenade from City, and the remote claw is essentially a gimped version of the line launcher which only works in specific areas (although it does have some cool uses in combat.)

Side missions and even bosses are reskins of the bosses in City: Anarky's side mission is a copy of Zsasz, The fight against Deadshot at the end of his side mission is a copy of Catwoman's fight against Two-face in AC, The riddler collectibles don't have hostages or any sort of reward for collecting them, the hatter side quest is basically a copy of Scarecrow's hallucination levels in Asylum, and those are just the side quests that I actually cared to finish so who knows about the rest.

The game also lacks the attention to detail Asylum and City had. In the Rocksteady titles there was an abundance of easter eggs and every sidequest and area felt right. Those games felt like they were made by Batman fans, people that appreciate the character and the world. Origins feels like a rushed cash grab and there's no more proof than the amount of glitches it has and the fact that they refused to fix them because "they were working on the DLC" (which ended up having a reskinned battle of Mr. Freeze from Arkham City).

I'm not saying the game is terrible, I'm just explaining why most people don't think it lives up to rocksteady's work. It has redeemable qualities like the Red Hood section of the story which was surprising, The Bane boss battle that's actually quite fun, Troy Baker (although not as good as Mark Hamill) gave a very solid Joker performance, the enemies as you said were very unique as well and I really enjoyed that, unfortunately they ruined this by giving you the shock gloves which pretty much take away the challenge.

Oh and they abused the quick time events as well, City used them sparsely like in Ra's Al Ghul's boss battle but origins added them to almost every boss, making them get old fast.

1st Place: Kingdom Hearts 3

2nd Place: Batman: Arkham Knight, MGSV The Phantom Pain, Fallout 4

Some of us have waited a really loooooooong time for a KH3. Hell, i even cried when i saw the announcement and i don't cry at all.

EDIT: Don't forget "One Sky, One Destiny" My destiny is Kingdom Hearts 3  <3

Edited by Oblivion
  • Like 1

The combat system is definitely not the same as city. AC's combat was responsive, and polished; I play the challenge maps to this day because of how good it is. In Origins sometimes you'll try to chain punches together and Batman will punch the air making you drop your combo. The gadgets are practically the same as City's as well, they just gave them new names or made them more useless: The glue grenade is basically the freeze grenade from City, and the remote claw is essentially a gimped version of the line launcher which only works in specific areas (although it does have some cool uses in combat.)

Side missions and even bosses are reskins of the bosses in City: Anarky's side mission is a copy of Zsasz, The fight against Deadshot at the end of his side mission is a copy of Catwoman's fight against Two-face in AC, The riddler collectibles don't have hostages or any sort of reward for collecting them, the hatter side quest is basically a copy of Scarecrow's hallucination levels in Asylum, and those are just the side quests that I actually cared to finish so who knows about the rest.

The game also lacks the attention to detail Asylum and City had. In the Rocksteady titles there was an abundance of easter eggs and every sidequest and area felt right. Those games felt like they were made by Batman fans, people that appreciate the character and the world. Origins feels like a rushed cash grab and there's no more proof than the amount of glitches it has and the fact that they refused to fix them because "they were working on the DLC" (which ended up having a reskinned battle of Mr. Freeze from Arkham City).

I'm not saying the game is terrible, I'm just explaining why most people don't think it lives up to rocksteady's work. It has redeemable qualities like the Red Hood section of the story which was surprising, The Bane boss battle that's actually quite fun, Troy Baker (although not as good as Mark Hamill) gave a very solid Joker performance, the enemies as you said were very unique as well and I really enjoyed that, unfortunately they ruined this by giving you the shock gloves which pretty much take away the challenge.

Oh and they abused the quick time events as well, City used them sparsely like in Ra's Al Ghul's boss battle but origins added them to almost every boss, making them get old fast.

I played Origins almost immediately after City and the combat didn't feel different to me, it was responsive for me and I never had any dropped combos.  I heard some people did have problems with glitches, I didn't although I did make the thread with the article showing them opting to make dlc instead of patching the game which I feel is fucked up. Definitely can't disagree about the shock gloves which is why I didn't use them unless I had to go for something to progress on. I see the points you make though and I'm not trying to say Origins is the best in the series but I had a good time with it (except that awful mp) . I just feel it isn't as bad as it is commonly preceived 

• Like 1

I don't like the Metal Gear games or Batman games enough to pay more than $1 for them. I don't like Bethesda games enough to pay more than $5 for them. Kingdom Hearts? I have the Greatest Hits and collector's edition of 1.5HD, the regular edition of 1 and 2 on PS2, the regular edition of 2.5HD, DDD, and a keychain with the Kingdom Key on it. On top of that, I've been waiting for the collector's edition of KHIII to be announced for the past decade so that I could pre-order that. I think my choice is obvious.

Fallout 4 slightly interests me so long as it is done correctly. I will wait a few months at least for inevitable patches and price drops.

The rest don't interest me enough to want to vote, sorry, just being honest.

I am looking forward to Until Dawn far more than the listed options.

Edit: In regards to waiting for games, try Shenmue 3. The wait for Fallout 4 is insignificant by comparison.

Edited by Rabid_lnfant