DLCs difficulty?

Reasuns

13 hours ago, closertim said:

I was racing earlier today,  blue sky , sunny as then out of the blue it's a monsoon. All in about half a laps duration. 

On 8/14/2018 at 7:42 PM, closertim said:

Can I have one event where it doesn't rain.  Sure the weather effects are good but man.  The difficulty of the dlc packs varies.  Some events are piss easy and some, mostly the time trials are quite hard.  

rain is the true final boss

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's reallty exciting to see people talking about this game again.DC Plat trophy and all DLCs trophy is one of my most proud and favourite in my collection.Before DC,I never ever played any simulate-racing game,I used to play NFS a lot.I remember the first time I was stuck at Lykan Hotlap,I gave it up whole game.And then one year after I came back and determined to got the Platinum.After I beated Lykan Hotlap,it's just like I've transformed to a Super Saiyan :))

So I came here to share my opinion about the game.For the base game,I think most of the time we stuck with timed trail challenges,especially Venom Hotlap 1-2,actually I gave up VH1 and somehow accidently got 3 stars for VH2.
And for the most difficult DLC trophy must be One Man One Engine.For this one,I had to changed to manual drive to get the all 3 stars.Here my video for it:

I spent about 50H+ for total 128 trophies and I think it's soooo sweet at the end.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/5/2018 at 4:20 AM, Niarbrebyc said:

It's reallty exciting to see people talking about this game again.DC Plat trophy and all DLCs trophy is one of my most proud and favourite in my collection.Before DC,I never ever played any simulate-racing game,I used to play NFS a lot.I remember the first time I was stuck at Lykan Hotlap,I gave it up whole game.And then one year after I came back and determined to got the Platinum.After I beated Lykan Hotlap,it's just like I've transformed to a Super Saiyan :))

So I came here to share my opinion about the game.For the base game,I think most of the time we stuck with timed trail challenges,especially Venom Hotlap 1-2,actually I gave up VH1 and somehow accidently got 3 stars for VH2.
And for the most difficult DLC trophy must be One Man One Engine.For this one,I had to changed to manual drive to get the all 3 stars.Here my video for it:

I spent about 50H+ for total 128 trophies and I think it's soooo sweet at the end.

Awesome vid!  I actually just finished that one last night and it was tough, but I also think I psyched myself out a bit.  The key for me was throttle control out of those corners.  

It's fun game and I'm determined to get all the dlcs as well.  I have like 5 more now.  One main gripe would be all the damn rain lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Platinum 4-5/10

100% 7-8/10

Still waiting for DC Bikes to go on sale....

Difficulty, I would bump the platinum lower (a 3-4), nothing remotely difficult about it, just really grindy.

And I would be up the 100% to an 8-9.  Extremely challenging (and grindy).

9 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Difficulty, I would bump the platinum lower (a 3-4), nothing remotely difficult about it, just really grindy.

And I would be up the 100% to an 8-9.  Extremely challenging (and grindy).

Yeah, i think you are right.  Getting 100% on some of the DLC were a major problem, hope bikes isn't as bad.

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--

On 2018. 09. 05. at 11:20 AM, Niarbrebyc said:

Forgive me for asking but I'm just curious, are you chinese or korean?

Damn, what a rant.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the game. Coming off Forza Horizon 4, this is a breath of fresh air : there's absolutely no fluff. You just start your race and it loads almost instantly, retries take even less time. You can even restart in a championship without redoing the whole thing. Also love the rush of adrenaline when you're going at 200+ mph and can't see shit.

I mean this is an arcade racer, but you still have to brake at the right time, moderate the throttle on extremely powerful cars like the Venom. I can't recall a single time where I thought the AI or the ghosts were rigged; it was always my mistake. There's maybe a couple of times in BIKES where the 1st guy is just too fast, but that's it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FR_Gigastor said:

Damn, what a rant.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the game. Coming off Forza Horizon 4, this is a breath of fresh air : there's absolutely no fluff. You just start your race and it loads almost instantly, retries take even less time. You can even restart in a championship without redoing the whole thing. Also love the rush of adrenaline when you're going at 200+ mph and can't see shit.

I mean this is an arcade racer, but you still have to brake at the right time, moderate the throttle on extremely powerful cars like the Venom. I can't recall a single time where I thought the AI or the ghosts were rigged; it was always my mistake. There's maybe a couple of times in BIKES where the 1st guy is just too fast, but that's it.

I personally like driving around and I like how it usually handles, it's just that there's always something in every single race that drives me nuts, it's usually the time trials that are the most annoying thing though due to the dev times being from a second lap speed rather than the first lap (They should really have the speed at the same kind you could get when coming off of a second lap). I'm all for a challenge, just not for a "Play perfectly and take every corner perfectly" types of challenges which happens more frequently than I'd like. I am grateful for the retry round option though, I hadn't played in years so when I came back I expected having to restart the entire championship and was pleasantly surprised, that's actually a great thing.

I'm constantly noticing the guys just blatantly cheating and I've had multiple challenges where the 1st and 2nd place are in the lead despite cutting corners for several minutes and never stopping so I have to restart again. I've even had guys go from 2nd place and not being on my rear view mirror to right next to me on a straightaway despite me flooring it. They don't always do that, there are multiple straightaways where I get off scot-free and don't have that happen, but I've had it happen enough that I've noticed it.

Don't forget that slipstreaming goes both ways, they can also use it. I remember a DLC race where you have to reach a certain speed in a slow-ass hatchback, there's basically only one straightaway that allows it. I had to stay behind the pack and use slipstreaming instead of being first.

2 minutes ago, FR_Gigastor said:

Don't forget that slipstreaming goes both ways, they can also use it. I remember a DLC race where you have to reach a certain speed in a slow-ass hatchback, there's basically only one straightaway that allows it. I had to stay behind the pack and use slipstreaming instead of being first.

Oh for sure, but this usually happens when they're far enough away that it doesn't even factor in. You'll just see them blitzing towards you like a bat out of Hell at a speed that makes no sense considering your sports car can't even go that fast and you've been booking it for a while. They only begin drafting when they're relatively close.

4 hours ago, FR_Gigastor said:

Damn, what a rant.

Agreed. I cant believe how overblown the difficulty of this game is being talked about. There's one or two mildly tricky races, and most are fairly easy. 

Edited by Angus1343

5 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Agreed. I cant believe how overblown the difficulty of this game is being talked about. There's one or two mildly tricky races, and most are fairly easy. 

They're not ridiculously difficult or anything (Venom laps are just frustrating), it's just frustrating how multiple things come to give you a bad day is all and having them happen over and over for hours at a time just ends up getting to you at points. I just really hate the rubberbanding and weather effects the most.

Personally, I feel that while the DLCs absolutely has an increased difficulty curve, they're doable given some time spend practicing. I'd say at most you'd spend 10 hours per DLC, and that's probably a gross overestimate. Time trials increase the most in difficulty and required precision, imho. Except for venom, I was able to do most of the trials first-second try in the main game, while the DLC's are taking from 30mins to an hour or practice, sometimes even more.

On 2/15/2019 at 5:31 PM, Neyaru said:

Thanks for replying, but I already did 100% in this game. The two DLCs not included have their trophies linked to Driveclub Bikes. Odd idea. 

You can have a maximum of 128 trophies per game, which is why they had to put the last two DLCs into the Bikes list.

Edited by EmperorElfenSky

I'm having a great time with the dlc packs at the moment, only completed 3 of them, but I'd say they're taking me about 1.5 hours each on average. Really great game and I think the difficulty is overblown as well, haven't tried the venom one yet but everything else has taken inbetween 1- max 5 tries.

• 4 weeks later...