Shenmue III

Rabid_lnfant

Shenmue III is coming.

Let me just say that again please, as it still feels like a dream... Shenmue III is coming.

To be honest, this feels totally surreal creating a thread about the one game I and many others have waited so very long for.

I think a lot of us saw this one coming, there have been multiple hints dropped about it in the past, with all of them proving to be red herrings, but there was just something different in the last 12 months, it is hard to explain but something felt 'real' about events in the past year or so.

Interesting things we learnt last night was that this was going to be a continuation of the original storyline, which is so very important and thrills me deeply.

There was no mention of Shenmue I and/or II re-mastered but I suggest that this is because Yu Suzuki and SONY did not want the public to just go 'oh great, more re-masters'... but if they first get us going crazy for Shenmue III and then mention the re-masters a few months later then people might just accept that easier (fans will want the re-masters regardless).

I think the re-masters are a certainty. Especially as the kick starter has already far surpassed the low expectations placed upon it... I imagine the first two games will get released with a note suggesting that 'the monies given was more than required so we made these for you'.

Did I say I was super excited? well I am... like totally.

Please forgive me... but...

Shenmue III is coming !!!

Still playing catch up with most of E3, but this right here they pulled out the big guns with.

Even got Ryo's English VA going crazy

https://twitter.com/coreymarshallVO/status/610646069936939008

Guess those pics with Yu Suzuki and Mark Cerny a while back was leading up to this. Here's to hoping it turns out good after the 14 year wait, the pressure is definitely going to be on.

• Like 1

Been waiting for this for such a long time.  I'm eyeing up the $175 tier on Kickstarter.

I remember renting Shenmue I back when it was new.  I played through the first disc in one sitting, and realized those jagoffs at Blockbuster only gave me the first disc.  Goes without saying I went out and just bought the damn thing right then and there.  Bought an Xbox back in the day solely for Shenmue II.

Don't have any of it anymore.  Might even go as far as to hunt down a nice used Dreamcast and give the first two Shenmue's another go around.  It's been a while.  I don't really want to buy an Xbox again... are Shenmue II imports for Dreamcast really that expensive?

Edited by PleaseHoldOn