trying to platinum this game is giving me stomach pains!

guys, i am so close to giving up. I barely made it through countdown mode for episode 1 & 2 and now my eyes are set on the invisible modes, It's ridiculous! 

the Invisible enemies aren't that bad, it's the fact it's on survival difficulty that's driving me crazy. I love this game and i would love to platinum it but the invisible mode is giving me a headache! can any of you resident evil pro's give me tips on making invisible mode a somewhat enjoyable experience? also i keep running out of ammo! i'll go through the game with

7 bullets in my assault rifle and 5 in my pistol and my shotgun and machine pistol is empty, it's really annoying.

thank you all so much and keep hunting those trophies!!!

I understand completely. I wanted this plat so bad and with share play you can coop but my upload speed is only 500kbs so it always stays red and wont connect unless its yellow. Was able to join someone elses game that way but you dont earn trophies that way. I could only do ep 1 countdown/ invisible. And countdown/ invisible on ep 4 for claire. Whats even bigger bs is those guns....you cant use the table, so the typewriter  gun I spent 10k bp on is pointless, they could have just taken out the infinite rocket launcher but no, also those guns even have upgrades in them. :(  F'ck you capcom....f'ck you. I'll give ep 2 another run one day but not right now. I'm just gonna forget about ep 3 and 4.

Edited by Not_like_therest

• 2 months later...
I managed to finish in "No Escape" to catch the infinite ammo, but if you use them, is to rank C automatically. Infinite ammo helped a lot in RE4, RE5 and RE6. They put this lock to see if more difficult the game, but really left "pain in the a **"

In Countdown mode, I'm stuck in the Sewer with Barry because of the time and in invisibly mode over Cap. 3 in the Clair slaughterhouse output is unconditional ...

I believe that all this was Capcom to make the game "last" more ... Only made him very boring

• 7 months later...

I managed to finish in "No Escape" to catch the infinite ammo, but if you use them, is to rank C automatically. Infinite ammo helped a lot in RE4, RE5 and RE6. They put this lock to see if more difficult the game, but really left "pain in the a **"

In Countdown mode, I'm stuck in the Sewer with Barry because of the time and in invisibly mode over Cap. 3 in the Clair slaughterhouse output is unconditional ...

I believe that all this was Capcom to make the game "last" more ... Only made him very boring

Not only that, but also it will not record your playtime. 

In regards to Barry's Episode 3 on Countdown, I say if necessary, do the whole stage over. 

is it harder than revelastions 1 ??

Just by Invisible mode alone, yes! 

Edited by ShaunDCameron

• 1 year later...

People, I need yours help here, can't figure out by myself.

It goes for medal in Episode two, Barry's section. First bronze medal with following description:

Defeated five Revenant using the stealth attack in the city warehouse.

• After you go through the sewer tunnels (where the dogs are), you will have to go through a familiar area and go through a door into a warehouse, when you try to go in the door a cutscene will start, showing someone watching you. The medal counts from this point on until you leave the warehouse. There are six opportunities to get this, the final room is the one with two Revenants and a Flinger but those aren't stealthable.

This one from this site's guide.

For the first I did a run in mix of stealth and smokescreen bombs for those available. No medal.

Later I've tried full smokescreen bombs tactic. No medal.

I've tried to do full stealth, including those two in actual warehouse, I have killed Flinger with sniper rifle before entering and run away. Then entered the room with Natalia and hide up, Revenants spawned, entered with Barry, managed been undetected and killed those too without being even noticed. No medal.

I did another run, with a drill, I only messed up this one with a monster on a top floor after you jumping to warehouse from nearby building. Anyway in total there are 7 monsters alone. No medal.

Did last one today, again by all description from the guide and only with one bomb and still no medal.

What do I miss? If this better to do in different difficult from normal?

I have similar problem in Clare section of episode four, where you need to kill five indigenous animals. I can't find\see the rat in front of metallic gates, but without it there 5 animals in total I have killed. But here may be I can't manage to kill 2 crows on metallic box with different bullets, somehow the pistol pierce them both. Is there the problem or I again miss something?

On 7/15/2015 at 11:55 PM, maneceel96 said:

guys, i am so close to giving up. I barely made it through countdown mode for episode 1 & 2 and now my eyes are set on the invisible modes, It's ridiculous! 

the Invisible enemies aren't that bad, it's the fact it's on survival difficulty that's driving me crazy. I love this game and i would love to platinum it but the invisible mode is giving me a headache! can any of you resident evil pro's give me tips on making invisible mode a somewhat enjoyable experience? also i keep running out of ammo! i'll go through the game with

7 bullets in my assault rifle and 5 in my pistol and my shotgun and machine pistol is empty, it's really annoying.

thank you all so much and keep hunting those trophies!!!

dont give up you can do it, memorize where the characters are. i cant remember the strategy i did when i played it, but i remember i played through the game at least 10 times minimum memorizing everything. thats basically how i have to do most re games is play them repeatedly. i think i may have also watached a walkthrough of each part i was coming up to to refresh my memory of where the enemies would be. there was a few sections that drove me mad lol.

the worse though was the side game. although extremely fun, it was taking me forever to complete. also you can use the resident evil website i think to transfer stuff in game. so what im saying is, if you think the story mode trophies are hard, raid mode is even harder lol. but there was a few japanese people on there that all they do is play that game, and they are friggen good at it. in raid mode look for people who have names related to resident evil. this means they play the series prob nonstop. so if you see a level 50 named wesker123 or something for example try adding them and seeing if theyll help.

i know that dont help the current problem of story mode but itll help raid mode if u havent done it. but yah just keep up at it and watch walkthroughs on youtube. im almost positive there was one guide where a guy did a really good walkthrough with invisibles

ps sorry thought you were talking about rev1 haha, im getting the 2 mixed up now. now i dunno if im remembering 1 or 2

Edited by melodicmizery

• 1 year later...

I actually don't get why so few people have this platinum, it wasn't that terrible for me at all, it doesn't even have difficulty trophies, so you can theoretically do everything in easy mode.

For the invisible mode, just have in mind that Moira's light and Natalia's sight is everything you should need for knowing where enemies are, or just after playing you might actually realise it.

Edited by BlackSnake1435
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BlackSnake1435 said:

I actually don't get why so few people have this platinum, it wasn't that terrible for me at all, it doesn't even have difficulty trophies, so you can theoretically do everything in easy mode.

For the invisible mode, just have in mind that Moira's light and Natalia's sight is everything you should need for knowing where enemies are, or just after playing you might actually realise it.

The platinum is so low probably because the first episode is free. So people are "buying" that but not the full game making about 70% of the trophies unobtainable. 

• 4 months later...

I'm working my through this at the moment.

I didn't have many problems with Countdown mode, if you know the level layout it's pretty easy ... I will say though counter to all the things I read about skipping enemies it really does depend. If you have ammo sometimes it's worth killing enemies to get extra time, especially Revenants as they award 20 seconds which can be alot if you can quickly take them down. Also I used the knife alot on the standard zombie enemies to save ammo for the tougher monsters. One last tip is remember you can always restart the checkpoint if you feel you made a mistake, took a wrong turn or wasted too much health / ammo / time.

I just finished chapter 2 on Invisible mode and apart from the fight with Pedro in the bar it wasn't that bad. As already said in this thread make liberal use of Moria when playing as Claire since she can deal damage and has health regen. Stunning enemies with the light is also really effective. I also find myself using the knife alot in this mode to kill anything that isn't a Revenant, when it's fully upgraded it kills zombies, and the dogs very quickly which lets you save ammo to unload on the harder monsters.

• 9 months later...

im currently grinding this out. ive aced raid mode and am replaying the story after a few years to get a feel again before i do countdown, and invisible, knife only etc.  i know it feels annoying/daunting at times, but part of the whooooooole RE series model has always been that the games were relatively easy to beat, but hard to perfect.  given that the story to this game being short,  added difficulty easily gives this game re-playability, which in this game we all stop after platinum lol.  i know its frustrating, and i am planning on watching strats on youtube where i get stuck... keep your eye on the prize, an earlier user stated that many only got the first episode so this platinum immediately becomes more valuable to me.  for some reason im going back and grabbing platinums in games that literally got the best of me.  hang in there dude

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I never had problems with this game, I love it actually. I mean yeah, the graphics are not that good but the story covers it up. Both Invisible and Countmode are awesome imo, but everybody has their own taste. I've finished all of the versions of this game(Vita, PS3 and PS4) all 100% on my other account. Revelations 2 was also my first ever PSN game I platinumed.

Other PSN: kerck11

But I think Revelations 1 is way better and I wish Capcom should have stick to it.

• Like 2

loved the game. and done it twice, once on xbox and once on ps4.

best tips I could give you would be, get the skill that improves your dmg when crouching, and use smg on boss weakspots for the first chapter, on harder difficulties use melee or brick throw attacks on secondary encounters as much as possible since ammo is scarce, in certain areas backing yourself into a corner is the best way to go, but if your getting overwhelmed with enemies that knock you down like bosses/mini bosses always stay mobile as much as possible, and really rely on secondary weapons more. knife and bricks and crowbar.

make sure you get the skills that improve the speed and damage of secondaries, and as previously mentioned the crouch damage boost to maximise your damage when you do shoot. and just save your ammo. I did most of the first chapter with just the knife so i wouldn't have to mess about with the boss and enemies at the house. and managed to not let any in the house through the windows on invisible, by crouching and using the smg for headshots after a while of play you get a feel for how long you should press the trigger for a flurry of headshots and a kill, becomes second nature.

if you find yourselg struggling to get the key off the corpse at the beginning, back yourself into a side room, a cell during the hall way section, and when it opens up back yourself into the kitchen and nail em away from the doorway, standing in the doorway it will help, use the knife only and store ammo, and when escaping with the key just back yourself into the room down there and knife everything, save your ammo.

the first boss is easy you can kite him about and save grenades for the exit, the second boss (where you drop down and can't go back) use moira to tank the invisible shitheads at the start and edge in very slowly pulling the other ones, you can clear all but a few and basically grab all the ammo in the room before, or just as the boss spawns, you can bait his attacks with moira just as long as your careful to not be hit as claire, and crouch + smg will destroy that thing in about 20 seconds of solo damage.

use the traps to damage the enemies, leave em on and lure to the rooms to save ammo for the end cuz it gets hairy. or you can approach the traps hallway from the back. and catch all enemies unaware for stealth kills. practice with your knife, and use it for dogs aswel, the entire dog area can either be knifed through or bypassed, (the sewers that is, leading to the factory)

sometime after this you'll find yourself inundated with ammo and heavy weaponry on both characters and will have more then enough, just use your melee the most.

and for late game, shooting and switching guns quickly allow you to burst bigger enemies down nicely aim with sniper, shoot and switch to magnum, burst pistol etc and instantly chain the hits. things will melt fast.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

On 07/02/2020 at 3:16 PM, BlackSnake1435 said:

Countdown is set to normal and invis is set to hard so technically yes there is difficulty trophies

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/11/22 at 3:11 PM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

I’ve been finding the challenge enjoyable myself. The trophy list is a very difficult one, but it’s also very doable. Some of the medals were majorly challenging but getting all of them for all four chapters felt amazing. 

not too worried about the extra mode trophies as I’ve done them on Xbox in the past.

I don't think its difficult, And I'm doing the vita version which makes aiming so difficult. I do speed run many games so this isn't difficult.

Edited by gamercris066