Which game did you persevere with because "it was personal"?

Chell_Clare

Oh, goodness, easily Shadow of the Colossus, my favorite game along with Ico (which also counts to a lesser extent).

SotC was probably the most brutal Platinum I earned, particularly thanks to #3's hard time attack. GOD. But I wanted to mark my trophy journey with a special milestone: 40th Plat, 4000th overall.

Was it worth it? I'd say almost.

And now the wait for The Last Guardian.

The closest game to that would be Star Ocean The Last Hope International.  Even though I haven't got the platinum on it yet, I have vowed to myself that one day I would get the platinum for it, despite how mind numbingly grindy some of those trophies are.

If you're still interested in obtaining the plat: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27340-lets-play-so4-epic-quest-to-get-the-platinum-trophy/

Persona 4 ARENA.  I was challenged to do it and many said i was "never" going to do it.  When i did it...yeah lol imagine  :P but im not the cocky type so i simply said to those if they wanted my help and use me as guide but they all refused lol 

You should write a guide about it on this site.

• Like 1

I basically do this with all my games. I hate not having 100%, so unless it demands godly skills and months of training (*cough* Devil May Cry 4 *cough*) I always persevere through to the end, no matter how grindy/hard/glitchy some trophies might be. But these were the ones that really pushed my buttons:

Catherine: Need I say more?

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - The online trophies for this game managed to hit the big trifecta: they were grindy, hellish and glitchy all at the same time. Not to mention the fact that they're online, which is always an added difficulty factor.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse - This game is so grindy, I still have to figure out how in the bloody hell I managed to have the patience to get every single drop.

I'm with you on Brotherhood.

• Like 1

I've seen Catherine pop up in this thread a few times, but personally I didn't feel it was that terrible.

If I'm going to choose one game from recent memory?  Rogue Legacy would be it.  The amount of time and effort and aggravation it took to "train" myself to beat the Remix bosses was insane, particularly since platformers and bullet hell games aren't really my thing.  I guess it goes to show that one can "train" oneself to do damn near anything if they want to.

• Like 1

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

When I started playing it I thought that I will easily get the plat as I was progressing very quickly, that is until I had done everything besides reaching level 100 and completing battle mode. Only 2 battles were left, Impossible and The Max. I had basically given up on the game after about a month of trying and failing, then my bro said something like '' We're playing games and 100% them and now you give up on them? '' and mocked me several more times, however last month I got enough of that mocking and decided to shut him up for good. I knew that I was basically trying to do the impossible thing (well, almost impossible) however in the end I did it, and once my bro found out, his mind was blown and he even congratulated me (something that is very rare from him). 

I have unlimited respect for anyone who completes Injustice. I nearly gave up just trying for the 'complete a classic battle with every character' trophy. It was actually a game that I didn't try to beat!

Mushroom #8 in Kingdom Hearts 2 FM, that biatch made me doubt my skills. I couldn't sleep at night, so I woke up. Turned the console on. Had some coffee then I stayed up until the next day and I finally managed to beat it, but it looks like I'll have the same scenario when I fight "The Unknown" in KH BBS.

EDIT: Worth it, though.

Edited by drag0n2

You should write a guide about it on this site.

Um... I don't particularly see any point in guide for P4A... I mean, you either do Score Mode and Challenges or no, depends solely on your skill =D

Maybe the Score Mode guide for the stages, but I don't think there's something guide-able on Challenges, other than commands for the last (not demonstrated without the DLC) challenge.

Um... I don't particularly see any point in guide for P4A... I mean, you either do Score Mode and Challenges or no, depends solely on your skill =D

Maybe the Score Mode guide for the stages, but I don't think there's something guide-able on Challenges, other than commands for the last (not demonstrated without the DLC) challenge.

The same could be said about Vanquish, Mirror's Edge, WipEout HD, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Yet all of those games have excellent guides. You still need a lot of skill to plat them, but having a guide helps.

The same could be said about Vanquish, Mirror's Edge, WipEout HD, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Yet all of those games have excellent guides. You still need a lot of skill to plat them, but having a guide helps.

I can imagine some troll making a guide for those games. Under each trophy, it just says "git gud."  :lol:

• Like 4

Mirrors Edge. I was upset about how overrated this platinum is but every time I told someone that he responded with:" But you don't even have the platinum." So I bought the game back and I smashed it :)

The platinum isn't too bad. It's the 100% that separates the boys from the men.  :P

A guide like that would never be approved.

Someone in this thread will probably attempt it now that you've said that.  :devil:

Edited by PrinceOfPeace

Ethan: Meteor Hunter and Ninja Gaiden Sigma immediatelly come to mind. I was highly inclined to throw in the towel on these games and I ended up beating them due more to refusing to let them win than anything else. Gravity Badgers and Don't Die Mr. Robot had some parts to them that made me want to throw up my hands too but overal, I didn't find those games as insanely difficult as the aforementioned.

Now Spelunky on the other hand...that game was so fricken cheap that I just couldn't take it anymore and it did drive me to that rare breaking point of just walking away due to its difficulty. I'm about at that point with Clan of Champions...the difficulty spike on the second to last mission on the lowest difficuly setting has to be the most insane that I have ever experienced. It forces players to have to go back to previously completed missions to do a bunch of boring grinding that ruins an otherwise decent game.

For me, it was Assassin's Creed Revelations. About 80% of the way through, I hit a game-ending glitch and couldn't get past the loading screen to re-enter play. I figured that even if I restarted the game, I could still hit the same issue. It niggled at me for months, until I decided I wouldn't be defeated and I'd take the risk with a second play-through. I eventually completed the game, but it put me off AC for a while!

Same thing happened to me! Except for some reason I got stuck in Constantinople during the part of the game where you have to leave and go to that underground city. Thank goodness in my case, I had a save that was a couple of memory sequences prior backed up in my cloud drive. It did suck having to catch all the way back up but it could have been a lot worse...

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1