Streaming forum?

Nice idea, it could also be a subforum in the PS4 section.

I thought about suggesting that specifically, but greensaberz streamed some ps3 through the capture card he bought, so I didn't want to exclude people like him from it. Still could open the thread there and make exceptions when cases like these happened.

Edited by TheYuriG

As it stands I don't really know where to "advertise" my stream. I'd be happy to stream for people to watch whenever I'm playing, but I usually just post the link in the CB. For example right now, I could start streaming Teslagrad, especially as many people haven't really played it and may be interested. What would I do in the current scenario to get my stream to the largest possible audience?

Hey, I just thought of this seeing the Rocket League competition thread. Why we don't have a specific thread for streaming? I mostly see people posting status updates for streams or in the media room, but those don't get much attention. A specific thread with all streams, the time people would stream and the game streamed would be nice, no?

Lately I've been so bored that I've watched more streams that actually played and I love to watch other trophy hunters play (I've watched Aela several times, Half-H3ro a couple and some other random people using the PS Live vita app), it would be nice to have a single place to find them all. Could this come to reality one day? We already have a community subforum, one of the mods could do a topic there with all the recent, past and to-happen streams from the community. I would do it if I had the approval to too.

I feel like it would be flooded with people making threads announcing they are live on twitch? Not sure if it would work that well tbh, although i would like for it to. Maybe a thread with everyone's twitch/youtube name's would suffice? 

• Like 2

Great idea. There are people who stream vita, 3, and 4 ... Also lots of steam so maybe theres a way to advertise it all without flooding? Kind of like request friends sort of thing maybe

Also Twitter may be a good way to advertise when you get some followers and they retweet your tweet etc

Hmm. maybe a separate section in the Community events forum. Every Member can only make one thread (like your Trophy Checklist) and then people can follow your thread. Then when you are streaming you could make a post in that thread and everyone following you will get notified. So you make a post a day or so in advance and that way it gives people time to get the notification and watch your stream.

It could work :)

Really? Oops :facepalm:.

I had the same idea around a year ago but decided to abandon it since you can just update your status when you're about to stream. But now, after seeing this thread i think that it's a really good idea, especially if we do what Conn said.

Then people can just decide to follow/watch you whenever they want and there won't constantly be posts on the thread about people going live when they actually aren't.

Hmm, I think that a forum section for this would ultimately be kind of spam-like. The top 3 posts would be relevant, the ones under those would be out of date as those people closed their streams by now, nobody would really reply to anything - all titles would basically be like "I'm streaming". Status updates make more sense for this kind of thing imo, or if there would be an actual a community live stream page, it would work best as a fully functional page created on the site by Sly. That would be the only way I'd see this kind of thing making sense :P

• Like 3

I feel like it would be flooded with people making threads announcing they are live on twitch? Not sure if it would work that well tbh, although i would like for it to. Maybe a thread with everyone's twitch/youtube name's would suffice? 

Hmm, I think that a forum section for this would ultimately be kind of spam-like. The top 3 posts would be relevant, the ones under those would be out of date as those people closed their streams by now, nobody would really reply to anything - all titles would basically be like "I'm streaming". Status updates make more sense for this kind of thing imo, or if there would be an actual a community live stream page, it would work best as a fully functional page created on the site by Sly. That would be the only way I'd see this kind of thing making sense :P

Good point. Would be better if we could have a single thread with every stream ongoing and archived instead, then? That was kind of my idea when I said that I could do it of the mods gave me the permision to. I should have removed the "forum" from the title, but I wanted to test both ideas as forum and as thread to see which one people would stick to. Seems like a thread would be the winner?

I 100% agree with this. A thread called now streaming, would be the best method. I'd suggest placing it in the Media Room.

I can't really say that streaming is really a community event. I also would hate to see more relvant topics be pushed down because someone every 5 minutes is deciding to do a stream and is dying for traffic.

EDIT: Yes, I might be biased as I run most of the topics in We Play but a topic like this disrupting posts on when checkpoints are being set would be a huge problem for me and my groups.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

Ah, we already have a spot to advertise streaming services.

It's called your profile.

If you want to be able to post about it, make a thread in the specific game's sub-forum. Or just do what the guy above me did, put it in your signature...

There is no need for another redundant forum with 10 posts by 2 people.

Edited by A12
  • Like 1

Ah, we already have a spot to advertise streaming services.

It's called your profile.

Exactly what I was thinking. Couldn't you embed your Twitch stream into your profile information?

Then just use a status update or add a streaming schedule to your profile, and those who are interested can tune in.

Alternatively, add a "streaming" category to gaming sessions, which allows the user to embed their Twitch stream. The Gamins Session post could be sub-divided into "just for fun" - e.g. if you're just showing off a game - or "Trophy hunting" - if you're showing people how to get specific trophies, etc. 

A good idea to highlight streaming for those who do it, but I worry about it becoming as spammy as the hundreds of "I need people to boost this game" threads that still pop up every week despite Gaming Sessions being a thing.

If you want to be able to post about it, make a thread in the specific game's sub-forum. Or just do what the guy above me did, put it in your signature...

So A12 is against a forum with many outdated thread, but is ok with one thread on each game forum for streaming whenever someone feel like doing it?

Also, did you guys READ the OP? I don't want to promote MY streaming (I don't even stream, FFS). I want an easy way to watch streams of other trophy hunters. Jesus, read before you post.

i want to start streaming soon , but like buu said -> using status update and profile page is best way .... Threads getting way to fast outdated or overflowed with "one- stream-than-never-again" ppl.

you can use your trophy checklist page too for little ad to your stream or something like that .  Streaming is way to "dynamic" for a forum ..... twitter and status updated are best way i think :)

Edited by Xionx