National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Wow what a ending in the Falcons vs 49ers game with Atlanta getting the game winning td with 2 seconds left

fantastic game from my Cowboys who destroyed the rams 44-21

Browns can forget about the hype after a awful 14 point loss to Arizona 

The Raiders farewell Oakland so we’ll losing to the Jags xD 

Does anyone want to win the NFC West anymore?  Seahawks annihilated last week by the Rams (who were destroyed today by Dallas) only for the 49ers to give it back with a home loss to the lifeless Falcons.

Not sure if Dallas wins the division, as they would likely need to win in Philly next week, but I stand by my belief that if the Cowboys win the NFC East, they will beat whoever gets the wildcard between SF/Seattle.  

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, Matto_lsi said:

Oh man, I am not looking forward to this weekend.  This is the exact definition of a trap game.  The Niners are playing the Falcons - who look terrible on paper - right when they decided to start actually playing pro football.  They might be 4-9, but they still have Matt Ryan, they still have Julio Jones, they still have other pro bowl caliber players on their team, and they just recently found their groove.  A different variation of this team went to the Super Bowl 2 years ago and almost won it all.  I really hope the Niners go into this game realizing they are still playing a dangerous team.  And even worse, they know they aren't making the playoffs, so each game they play against a division leader is like a mini super bowl for them.  This team beat the Saints a couple weeks ago, and they did so on the road.  Niners better get up for this game or else it could have drastic consequences.

What did I say!  %^&*!!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

What did I say!  %^&*!!!

Look on the bright side:  San Francisco still controls their own destiny even with this loss.  If they win out, they have all the tiebreakers at 13-3:  beat New Orleans, walloped Green Bay, and they'd have a better record than Seattle.

The margin for error is probably gone, but they're still in a very good position.  Which is a lot more than many of us can say about our own teams at this point in the season.

14 hours ago, Conker said:

and the sendoff Eli got was just fantastic to see 

A far cry from what Philip Rivers is likely to get in San Diego, err Southern California. After watching the Chargers self-implosion (7 turnovers!) yesterday vs. the Vikings, Rivers' career is done.  Rivers contributed to four of those turnovers, with a fumble (returned for a TD) and three INT's.  I've seen a few Bolts games this season where he has made some questionable passing decisions, but yesterday's performance was abysmal. I haven't seen a QB with a bolt on the side of his helmet make such terrible decisions since Ryan Leaf.

He reminds me of another Phil in the twilight of his career - Lefty Mickelson. They are attempting to do the same phenomenal plays that they made effortlessly in a younger day, but age has caught up with them and they physically can not replicate those feats anymore.

I'm very curious to see Seattle's injury list before the Arizona game.  They went into the Carolina game missing 4 starters on defense and it looks like Diggs is gonna be out for a while, luckily Wagner looks like he'll be okay.  If Ansah, Clowney, Kendricks, Griffin and Diggs are all out on Sunday (whether they're still hurt or Seattle's resting them an extra week in preparation for the San Fran game)... I don't know, the Cards pulling off the win doesn't seem that far off.

1 hour ago, Conker said:

Good move I think. Kyle Allen's not getting it done, they are out of the playoff picture, may as well see what you got. Allen proved he makes for a good backup, but not a long term starter necessarily. Maybe Grier will, but I think he's a product of the offense at West Virginia. Then again I thought Minshew was a product of the Washington State system, but he's shown a little more than Allen. 

Edited by jdh0921

Here are the scenarios for this week

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001089168/article/2019-nfl-playoffclinching-scenarios-for-week-16

Baltimore shouldn't have any problems getting home field and first round off. Yes, they lost to Cleveland the first time, but they were having an off day clearly.

14 hours ago, Conker said:

The Ford's are a joke, they'd rather keep Patricia on than admit their Patriot Way experiment is a failure. I have friends selling their season tickets right now and I can only imagine how this will affect game attendance in the future

It boggles my mind that Lions fans were complaining that the officiating during the early season Packers loss and how that loss would keep them from winning the NFC North or from making the playoffs.  3-10-1 now...

Next year they will probably go through the same routine.  Insanity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, djb5f said:

It boggles my mind that Lions fans were complaining that the officiating during the early season Packers loss and how that loss would keep them from winning the NFC North or from making the playoffs.  3-10-1 now...

Next year they will probably go through the same routine.  Insanity.

Lions record non withstanding, that game was still atrociously refereed and it shouldn't have happened as such. The League even admitted so 

You know what would be nice, and appropriate karma?  How about if the NFL suspended Janoris Jenkins for a week or two for the tweets that the Giants cut him over.  Because it really was inappropriate language that doesn't make anybody look good.  And because I worry that other players in the future will do similar shit if they're on bad teams late in the season and want to get moved to a contender.

Either that, or make it another rule that if you are on a team's roster at any point past the Trade Deadline, they're the only team you can appear in a playoff game for.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, acasser said:

You know what would be nice, and appropriate karma?  How about if the NFL suspended Janoris Jenkins for a week or two for the tweets that the Giants cut him over.  Because it really was inappropriate language that doesn't make anybody look good.  And because I worry that other players in the future will do similar shit if they're on bad teams late in the season and want to get moved to a contender.

Either that, or make it another rule that if you are on a team's roster at any point past the Trade Deadline, they're the only team you can appear in a playoff game for.

Thank you. 

I was worried we were going to have another case of the double-standard with the excuse of "Hood talk." 

That's like Billy Joe Jim Bob excusing usage of the N-word because that's how they talked growing up in Banjo County, CSA. 

7 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Thank you. 

I was worried we were going to have another case of the double-standard with the excuse of "Hood talk." 

That's like Billy Joe Jim Bob excusing usage of the N-word because that's how they talked growing up in Banjo County, CSA. 

Well.... this is a country where the double standard not only exists, but is pretty blatant.  If you're a member of particular groups, you get a lot of slack.  If you're a member of particular other groups, you get accosted by a lynch mob.

Much as I dislike them and wish ill upon them, I think the Giants did the right thing here.  And it really rubs me the wrong way how Janoris Jenkins came out of this in an improved position and how the New Orleans Saints did the same.  But I'd feel the same way even if Jenkins had done nothing and the Giants simply waived him "just because".

• Like 1