National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

15 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Is there a record for the amount of interceptions in a game that Fitzpatrick is going for? 

15 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Jets fans are like "...yup"

Please don't remind me.  I've done everything short of hypno-therapy to try and forget the brief Ryan Fitzpatrick Era in New York.

.... and the Geno Smith Era.  .... and the Mark Sanchez Era.  .... and the Brett Favre Era.  .... et cetera.

23 hours ago, djb5f said:

Hey Perry,

Yes, a certain irony that the much of the controversy surround the Packers (Clay Matthews).  But the Barr hit on Rodgers was more borderline than either of Matthews' in the last 2 weeks.  Matthews was on time, just called for landing on the QB (lol) whereas Barr's was clearly after Rodgers released the ball and followed through and landed.

Cowboys got called for it but one by the Dolphins on Derek Carr resulted in no flag.  Much like the ridiculous interpretation of the "catch rule" we had for a few years, we will be bogged down by the haphazard enforcement of this inane rule focus. The NFL can't get out of its own way.

Hey djb!

I totally agree with you. Matthews' flagged plays in the MIN and WAS games were what we once called "tackles." His one in the CHI game opening week looked a bit late. The rule is ridiculous and they will need to reinterpret it after the season. But as for now, I will enjoy Mike McCarthy losing his mind every week for something he lobbied for. 

BTW - Congrats on the Caps winning the Cup! And when are we boosting The Crew 2? B)

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Hey djb!

I totally agree with you. Matthews' flagged plays in the MIN and WAS games were what we once called "tackles." His one in the CHI game opening week looked a bit late. The rule is ridiculous and they will need to reinterpret it after the season. But as for now, I will enjoy Mike McCarthy losing his mind every week for something he lobbied for. 

BTW - Congrats on the Caps winning the Cup! And when are we boosting The Crew 2? B)

hey thanks, can’t believe the Caps actually did it!  Ovi might still be celebrating with the Cup.

funny, you should bring up the Crew 2.  I had a free month (well $1) month of GameFly and it should be arriving tomorrow so I am down for it but have not played it at all yet (except for the Beta).  I am sure I will buy at some point when it goes on a nice sale.  

and yes, the penalty by Matthews against the Bears was totally earned.  Silly hit and extended the game.  

My Week 4 2018-19 MFL Tips

Rams over Vikings

Falcons over Bengals 

Packers over Bills

Bears over Bucs

Cowboys over Lions

Eagles over Titans

Colts over Texans

Patriots over Dolphins 

Jags over Jets

Browns over Raiders 

Seahawks over Cardinals 

Saints over Giants

Chargers over 49ers

Steelers over Ravens

Chiefs over Broncos 

12 hours ago, Conker said:

My Week 4 2018-19 MFL Tips

Rams over Vikings

Falcons over Bengals 

Packers over Bills

Bears over Bucs

Cowboys over Lions

Eagles over Titans

Colts over Texans

Patriots over Dolphins 

Jags over Jets

Browns over Raiders 

Seahawks over Cardinals 

Saints over Giants

Chargers over 49ers

Steelers over Ravens

Chiefs over Broncos 

Packers over Bills, I dunno, the Bills might have some more meme magic in them

55 minutes ago, majob said:

I don't know if it's funny or sad that there's more Vikings fans than Rams fans at the stadium to the point where you can hear nothing but boos for the Rams simply marching down the field

The Rams even took out a full page ad in Tuesday's LA Times asking employers to let workers off early for the Thursday night game. The rush hour traffic situation around the LA Coliseum is gruesome. And they have the lowest attendance record by percentage of capacity, at 72%.

Their new stadium will hold 70,000. Bet they don't come close to selling that place out, either.

1 minute ago, PsychicVibe said:

Guess we don't have to be concerned with any roughing the passer calls tonight because there is absolutely no pass rush to be discerned on either side tonight.

Darnold just got a sack but yeah, rushers are so scared of drawing the flag now it's affecting play.

57 minutes ago, PsychicVibe said:

The Rams even took out a full page ad in Tuesday's LA Times asking employers to let workers off early for the Thursday night game. The rush hour traffic situation around the LA Coliseum is gruesome. And they have the lowest attendance record by percentage of capacity, at 72%.

Their new stadium will hold 70,000. Bet they don't come close to selling that place out, either.

I find that surprising considering the Rams didn't move that long ago. Alright, in MY mind they didn't move that long ago because 1995 just happened yesterday. B)

But they still should have a fan base there that has memories of Fearsome Foursome, Eric Dickerson and Jim "Chris" Everett (remember the Jim Rome debacle?).  And the Rams franchise got hijacked by a ex-Vegas showgirl and she moved them to St. Louis,  so they didn't move from lack of support.

BTW - the "vaunted" Vikings defense that is worth a bazillion dollars is now officially AWOL, and in danger of being charged with embezzlement. Last place they were spotted was briefly  in Philly in Jan. 2018 and they disappeared before halftime. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

I find that surprising considering the Rams didn't move that long ago. Alright, in MY mind they didn't move that long ago because 1995 just happened yesterday. B)

But they still should have a fan base there that has memories of Fearsome Foursome, Eric Dickerson and Jim "Chris" Everett (remember the Jim Rome debacle?).  And the Rams franchise got hijacked by a ex-Vegas showgirl and she moved them to St. Louis,  so they didn't move from lack of support.

BTW - the "vaunted" Vikings defense that is worth a bazillion dollars is now officially AWOL, and in danger of being charged with embezzlement. Last place they were spotted was briefly  in Philly in Jan. 2018 and they disappeared before halftime. 

Yes, that fan base is there, but frankly even during their good years they at best drew the NFL average.

Between the Raiders, Rams and Chargers, it is the Raiders who have the most loyal fan base. The Raiders are hoping for a big draw from LA when they move to Vegas.

Never bought into Kirk Cousins. Average at best. Game winning or tying TD drive on the road? Not likely.

whoops! There it is! Fumble!

• Like 1

That game made me physically ill. The Rams are playing on a whole other level. Even when Cousins throws for 422 yards and 3 TDs -- in a game that was never out of reach, mind you -- they made the Vikings look like trash.

And now we get the Eagles. In Philly. For the third year in a row.

We all know how this story ends.

1 minute ago, Cassylvania said:

That game made me physically ill. The Rams are playing on a whole other level. Even when Cousins throws for 422 yards and 3 TDs -- in a game that was never out of reach, mind you -- they made the Vikings look like trash.

And now we get the Eagles. In Philly. For the third year in a row.

We all know how this story ends.

I feel your pain, man. The Vikings have lost their last five conference championship games, and are 0-4 in the Super Bowl. And I do not think they will make the playoffs this year despite being a very good team.

• Like 2