Movies you loved that everyone else hated

NotAFoxAnymore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like The Chronicles of Riddick is universally hated but I love that movie.  Sci-fi is my favorite movie genre so I'm sucker for it.

I think all the Riddick movies are sweet. Waited forever to see Pitch Black and after I finally watched it, I couldn't believe I waited so long.

*Hudson Hawk*

Hudson Hawk is fantastic! I thought and still think it's great! Best line in the movie (there are tons of great ones) is also the cheesiest, but my brothers and cousins still reference it all the time. "Bunny! Ball, ball!"

The Visit. The newest movie by M Night Shyamalan. It is getting more mixed reviews than negative so it is split 50/50 basically.

After Earth

Do you folks believe in signs? This topic, the posts, all coming together for this singular event in which M. Night's name creeps up again as I add Signs (2002) to his ever-growing list of hated -- or at the very least, polarizing -- films? Yeah, I didn't think so either... Time to pour water over my keyboard.

But first... Signs:

91270.jpg

Not a particularly "hated" film from what I gather from IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, and notable critics like Roger Ebert, although Metacritic sure doesn't look at Signs too fondly. Despite numerous plot holes and some unintentionally hilarious dialogue, M. Night Shammyboy gradually builds up a steady stream of suspense throughout the first half of the film much like The Conjuring (2013), and just like that film, it implodes into a caricature of itself by the end.

Click below to reveal "twist" regarding my post:

Ghostwritten by the actual ghost of Roger Ebert.

Edited by AdventCloud7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Purge, Sucker Punch, The Lovely Bones, and the texas chainsaw remakes 

I wouldn't say I hated Suck Punch but the story kind of had me confused the first time around. Had to at least watch it two more times to actually figure what the hell was going on. 

All the Saw movies. I know quite a few people liked the initial trilogy, but there's a lot of disdain for everything thereafter. Personally, I would've gladly taken ten more. I'm sick of the paranormal/found footage trend that's taken its place. Bring me more gore horror.

(I will also never apologize for liking the film adaptation of Watchmen.)

• 2 weeks later...