Movies you loved that everyone else hated

NotAFoxAnymore

The Happening was such a trainwreck, but I love it. Honestly, it had a great premise. 

Plants reestablishing ecological balance? Brilliant.

But with Marky-Mark's over the top acting and making every other statement a question, combined with Zoey Deschannel's less than optimal performance, and oh lord just pretty much the entire execution of this movie this movie was just destined to fail from the beginning. 

Edit: Spoiler added

Edited by KiraxKira

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Starship_Troopers_-_movie_poster.jpg

Loved this one because it reminded me of the EDF games. Haven't ran in to many others who enjoyed it as well.

This is an absolute classic, honestly haven't met a person who disliked Starship Troopers. I think many people were confused initially because they completely misinterpreted the brilliant satire.

Definitely one of my personal favorites from the '90s. Then again, I'm a massive Verhoeven fanboy. ;)

Edited by ShadowReplicant
  • Like 1

Sunshine

A crew of astronauts (including Chris Evans) goes on a daring mission to restart the sun by dropping a few nuclear bombs in it. Inevitably it isn't that simple, and although the twist was a bit weird I really enjoyed it. Showed all my friends, and they didn't even make it through they thought it was so bad. I was heartbroken.....

Scientific consultancy from Brian Cox no less.....

• Like 1

Sunshine

A crew of astronauts (including Chris Evans) goes on a daring mission to restart the sun by dropping a few nuclear bombs in it. Inevitably it isn't that simple, and although the twist was a bit weird I really enjoyed it. Showed all my friends, and they didn't even make it through they thought it was so bad. I was heartbroken.....

Scientific consultancy from Brian Cox no less.....

Sunshine was an amazing movie, but alas, I got the same reaction from most of my friends.

Dark City is one of my faves that has the penultimate mind fight scene, but doesn't get the same appreciation from people I refer it to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...