Help change my mind

MesopithecusUK

I've come to the decision that I'd like to spend a week or so working on PSN Non-Platinum games that have been sat on my download list.  To help facilitate this I've split the list out into a 'yes', 'no' and 'maybe' in terms of what to play, however I feel as though I may have unfairly added games to the 'maybe' and 'no' lists.  I'm asking the PSNP community to help change my mind about these games by posting your thoughts and experiences :)

The 'Yes' List (Just for reference)

Aaru's Awakening

Doki Doki Universe

Dragon Fantasy Book 1

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Fez

Flower

MonsterBag

Mousecraft

Papo and Yo

Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space series

Stick it to the Man

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue

The Unfinished Swan

Tokyo Jungle

Vessel

The 'Maybe' List

CounterSpy

Hell Yeah: Wrath of Dead Rabbit

Hohokum

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Never Alone

Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD

Proteus

Race the Sun

Skulls of the Shogun

The 'No' List

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Castlestorm

Cloudberry Kingdom

Coconut Dodge Revitalised

Ducktales Remastered

Get of my Lawn

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Hoard

Kick and Fennick

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Soul Calibur: Lost Swords

Stealth Inc 

Stealth Inc 2

Tower of Guns

Woah Dave

Thanks to everyone in advance for input ^_^

Aaru's awakening and Proteus are shit, just don't subject yourself to it. Proteus is very time consuming as the graphics are awful and you can't tell if you've seen everything and levels are randomly generated. Vessel is boring, its just a really slow puzzle game where you'll likely use a guide for most of it. Find out if Doki Doki universe is still glitchy i remember that freezing loads on every platform when it was released.

Hell Yeah Wrath of a Death Rabbit i did ages ago but i think that was really easy and suprisingly fun, it previously had a glitch where if people upgraded there hard drives the game would freeze.

Play Castlestorm, its really fun, when i got time i'm going to do a review, so I'll submit that to convince you. I also can help you get 100% on that as I did it and know most of the levels inside out. There's only 1 DLC level that required skill.

Giana sisters is a really good game its a really hard 100% though.

• Like 1

Games I think should not be on the "No" list:

Sonic Adventure & (even more so) Sonic Adventure 2 are great games that should at least be on the "maybe" list.

I still play Soulcalibur: Lost Swords at least once every day and have done since Dec.

I haven't played MGS V: Ground Zeroes yet, but it's a damn MGS game! :P

• Like 2

Your yes list is either all good or i havent tried. From maybes id say skip proteus. Not many people have enjoyed it. Myself included. Unless you like walking in dull landscapes with not much of a purpose. Never alone is short but kinda boring and i didnt much care for the inuit informational videos. Race the sun was fun for an hour.

• Like 1

Definitely upgrade DuckTales and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger to 'YES!'-category. You cannot go wrong with an all-time classic cartoon and a western shooter. When combined, they become...Duck Hunt  :giggle:

As for your existing 'Yes' list, Dragon Fantasy Book I is a very solid entry, play that the first chance you get. As for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon...a 'Must-Play-at-all-costs'-list should be made for that title alone  :D

• Like 1

I would definitely move Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and Metal Gear V: Ground Zeroes to the ''Yes'' list.

Never Alone is a great fun indie if you are a fan of that. Easy 100% too.So if you are a fan,yes.

Tower of Guns I didn't like,but it's an easy 100% if you care for trophies and completion rate.

Counter Spy at least for me is a great Indie,it becomes difficult later on but I enjoyed. The rest I don't recommend.

Hope that helps  :wave:

• Like 1

Sonic Adventure 2 is one of THE best Sonic games ever made. It definitely ranks top 5 in the entire Sonic franchise and is one of my personal favorites growing up with GameCube. You can raise your own personal Chao in the Chao garden and have them take part in races or karate tournaments! :3

• Like 1

Id play CounterSpy if I was you. It's a fantastic game! Also I would personally move Fez to the maybe list, it's a charming game, but once you start to complete the trophies it's annoying because you'll be constantly watching a video. If your only gonna dedicate a week for this you wont be 100% too many. I marathon PSN titles every year and on my last marathon I ended up with 58 games completed during the 3-4 mounth time I was playing em. (if you count all the episodes from Sam and Max and stuff as seperate games.) It's alot of fun to play these smaller titles for change I think. I'm already saving games for my next marathon and I still have plenty I didnt have time to play last time!

Edited by LovesAnInjection
  • Like 1