Ugh Hating this game

Nutrageous69

I'm so wishing I had never started this game. Now I'm OCD stuck trying to finish this one up. Only one trophy for completing the Campaign which takes at least 2 hours I'd say and then they give a trophy for doing every individual Beat Lesson and Death Mode level. The beat lessons can be completed without the sound even one so I'm not sure why they get like 10 trophies when completing like 20 campaign maps nets one trophy. Should be the other way around. Then the Death Mode levels are way to luck dependent. Half the time you waste 2-4 seconds getting to the first note out of ~25 seconds then you sometimes get 5 notes in like 2 seconds right next to each other, then the next 4 you have to travel from one end of the level to the next then all the way back again.

Oh yeah not to mention the Insane amount of DLC. LIke 12+ DLCs you can get for $9.99 but something tells me those won't be worth buying for the "fun" of the game. They are definetly picking on the completionist type people once they get the game.

If you haven't started this one, I would suggest staying far far away.

• Like 1

I completed beat school and the campagin, but death mode is just sooo hard-spent about a day trying to beat Rowdy Cloudy before finally grabbing it!- I was thinking of going for the ps3 platinum for this after grabbing the ps4 version.- But I will say this once is enough for this game, to do it a second time would drive me insane lol.

• Like 1

Im just going to say my opinion about death mode as I have many times - It isn't hard, Im not good at challenges and I completed Sound Shapes in 24H on my Vita, without playing much at all..

I had trouble with maybe 2 - 4 of the levels because yes they were luck dependant, but it didn't take many tries until I got it. I mean, since the levels are like 20 seconds long you have a lot of tries before you reach 5 minutes of tries lol.

The same goes for Guacamelee, both of these games don't have near the challenge people say.

Before I leave, I respect your opinions.

Bye :D

• Like 2

I completed beat school and the campagin, but death mode is just sooo hard-spent about a day trying to beat Rowdy Cloudy before finally grabbing it!- I was thinking of going for the ps3 platinum for this after grabbing the ps4 version.- But I will say this once is enough for this game, to do it a second time would drive me insane lol.

Cross-save?

Easy/Hard is entirely subjective based on an individuals skill level.

Even though Death Mode is random, I'd say repetition is key as you start to develop the muscle memory and get into the rhythm - so keep at it and I'm sure you'll be amazed with yourself when you start to ace levels you previously struggled with :)

I actually enjoyed this game. I enjoyed the music and the gameplay for the most part.

But I didn't enjoy death mode either. It wasn't hard after you get the patterns down, but some levels are VERY luck dependent. I just died on purpose if I noticed the notes weren't going in my favor AT ALL. That tactic seemed to work pretty well for me. However, if it's a new level you never played, try watching a youtube video of the level to get the feel for the spawn points. That helped me tremendously. I know other's don't believe this, but there is some platforming skills you need to platinum this game. It may be 75% luck and 25% skill, but without that skill you still can't beat it.

In the end, it's a 46% platinum for a reason. It's very doable; you just need to be a little more thick-skinned and practice.

• Like 2

Funny, the campaign took me like 4 hours if not remember wrong, I tried to enjoy it in a few bursts, it seems that you just wanted to get rid of the game instead of trying to enjoy it. 

I may be wrong but I guess you never knew about the game until this month when it came "free". If that was the case, next time better do some research to avoid this frustration.

Well, idk, everyone with their gaming habits but I don't think that I'm going to play a game just because it's part of IGC, and I'm saying this because this game (the whole game including the insane amount of dlc) has been on sale sometimes for whoever that was really interested in get it.

And btw, the main goal of the dlc is about giving you tools to build some cool levels, but obviously most people get them for the shiny Silvers, which also is Ok. You see, trophy whores, casual players, people who liked the game, all covered, what else could you ask ;)

Edited by GoldenShaka

DLC bundle goes on sale a few times a year. I think I saw 2 times on sale....got it for 3. So be patient for a sale.

Death Mode.....you just have to plug away. Try finishing a death mode level a day and taking a break. It does get ingratiating when you are less the a second away from completing and the orb is on the other side of the level.

Im just going to say my opinion about death mode as I have many times - It isn't hard, Im not good at challenges and I completed Sound Shapes in 24H on my Vita, without playing much at all..

I had trouble with maybe 2 - 4 of the levels because yes they were luck dependant, but it didn't take many tries until I got it. I mean, since the levels are like 20 seconds long you have a lot of tries before you reach 5 minutes of tries lol.

The same goes for Guacamelee, both of these games don't have near the challenge people say.

Yeah I agree about both of these games. I beat Sound Shapes when it first came out on the plane ride home from Vegas. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be hard until I read about people ripping their hair out over Death Mode.

Also I mentioned yesterday that I beat the Tule Tree Challenge on my second try using the Vita, so I really don't understand where the difficulty was supposed to be with it.

With Sound Shapes it is random, but the levels are so short that it doesn't really matter. It isn't like you spent 10 minutes only to be screwed at the end. If you see it isn't going well in the first couple of seconds just restart the level.

• Like 2

Yeah I agree about both of these games. I beat Sound Shapes when it first came out on the plane ride home from Vegas. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be hard until I read about people ripping their hair out over Death Mode.

Also I mentioned yesterday that I beat the Tule Tree Challenge on my second try using the Vita, so I really don't understand where the difficulty was supposed to be with it.

With Sound Shapes it is random, but the levels are so short that it doesn't really matter. It isn't like you spent 10 minutes only to be screwed at the end. If you see it isn't going well in the first couple of seconds just restart the level.

Reading this post and reminding me of the Tule Tree Challenge (which to me was legitamitely fun as all get out), males me feel this is a good time to clarify my feelings on Sound Shapes.

I do like what this game is on paper and in practice; the only mode I have any problem with IS the Death Mode.

I just never been a fan of UNFORGIVING luck based challenges. Its one thing to be skill-based, like the aformentioned Tule Tree Challenge, to have your objective randomized and given one shot kills and incredibly short time limits, it seems to like its just a way to piss of players. You'd be surprised how quickly 10 minutes can pass waiting for one of the challenges to cut you a break and give you something you can manage.

Edited by EctoCooler_87

I suppose the last couple of levels will eliminate all the random difficult moments that came before it.

I have not played it myself so it is hard to comment, but I have watched a lot of people playing on Live from PlayStation over Twitch and I would say 90% of them have had major problems with the randomness of the game, and most streamers end their streams quite quickly which tells me frustration kicked in for them.

Yup death mode is pretty much luck based. You'll have to keep attempting multiple times until you find the perfect run and hope that your skills don't make you mess up somewhere.

Personally I didn't find it too bad because I was playing this on my Vita so could try random attempts when waiting for my train.

Yeah I got about half of them done last night plugging away. It definetly takes more patience and luck than is hard. I'll get them eventually but definetly prepared for a few nights of hair pulling :).

It's all a matter of skills honestly.  I constantly hear my friends complaining how hard this game is. Yes I had to try some levels a lot of times like everyone else, but it's not hard at all. You'll get the rest eventually.