How do people get their games early?

Crzy Minus

I noticed that some got MGSV before Sep 1st, but if the game comes out that date how are their getting their copies early?

Is it store and websites that sell it early breaking the street date? Do they got someone working for the game's publisher company? Etc.

Edited by CrazyMv94

I noticed that some got MGSV before Sep 1st, but if the game comes out that date how are their getting their copies early?

Is it store and websites that sell it early breaking the street date? Do they got someone working for the game's publisher company? Etc.

Knowing people i got my ps4 a day early because i knew someone at wal-mart

Working at massive retailer, very, very few games had strict street dates. Movies and music always did. Penalties for breaking them too.

I would have my receiver let me know when I got in any games that weren't street dated and I'd stick them out first thing. I was able to beat GameStop on many occasions and snatched a few sales from them. 

Alot of small name stores break street dates. Someone who runs a small game shop near me was actually advertising that you could get the new Metal Gear Solid tomorrow instead of next week.  

It also comes down to luck, in the UK it's a bank holiday Monday next week, so no post or dispatchs, meaning sites are forced to dispatch on the previous friday or saturday to arrive on time, which can lead to early copies.

I remember back in the day whenever I preordered at Electronics Boutique (before GameStop ate them all up around here) I used to get the game a day before the official release. That used to be one of the perks to preordering, you were guaranteed to get the game on Monday rather than Tuesday.

Also my friend's brother used to work for a toy store and we would play new games up to 2 weeks early because he would bring them home.

• Like 1

They ship it very early to some countries and they really don't give a shit if they sell it one or two weeks before release.

I agree with this, I've bought games on Disc weeks before official release here in Aus. Games where trophies won't sync for 2 weeks, last extra early game for me was sleeping dogs Def and I didn't play it for 5 days, was still not "In Store"