Suggest games that can be done while using a treadmill

DaivRules

Here's the deal: I prefer some distraction while on the treadmill and often TV is more painful than nothing at all.

I'd love to be able to play some Vita games while walking at a fairly fast pace on a decent incline.

Please suggest some games that I can do this with.

Bonus for anything that has been a free Plus game since January 2013.

Please consider that shooters are almost impossible and anything that uses the gyro sensors (ie Little Deviants) is also likely to kill me. That is not how I want to go out. Also, I'm not knocking Visual Novels, but real books are already my option C and I have enough of those that I'll go to if I can't find some good suggestions from here.

In case any of you think I'm not going to be able to do find anything, I did finish MouseCraft over two days while on a treadmill.

LMAO. There is some grinding stuff you can do while on treadmill. Going from your list and from your situation, you could attempt MotorStorm RC while jogging (not running, you wouldn't be able to), Dead Nation would be quite doable as well IMO. Hadn't you finished Rainbow Moon already, I would suggest that too. Anything that doesn't need fast reflexes would be a good option for you. You got Soul Sacrifice and LBP Vita on your list, so I could suggest that, being the latter a better option rather than the former.

EDIT: Oh, you signature doesn't take us to your profile. You might want to change that?

Edited by TheYuriG

Well... this is a niche request...

Super Exploding Zoo? It's not too fast paced, puzzle game, might work.

Broken Age - point and click style adventure game. 

Grim Fandango Remastered - same reason.

Lemmings Touch? Picking out a particular lemming might be a bit tricky. 

Rainbow Moon - turn based battle system, so fast reactions not required.

LMAO. There is some grinding stuff you can do while on treadmill. Going from your list and from your situation, you could attempt MotorStorm RC while jogging (not running, you wouldn't be able to), Dead Nation would be quite doable as well IMO. Hadn't you finished Rainbow Moon already, I would suggest that too. Anything that doesn't need fast reflexes would be a good option for you. You got Soul Sacrifice and LBP Vita on your list, so I could suggest that, being the latter a better option rather than the former.

EDIT: Oh, you signature doesn't take us to your profile. You might want to change that?

Fixed my sig. I have sigs turned off cause the moving ones made me want to gouge my eyes out and didn't realize mine wasn't linked correctly. I'm beyond horrible at MotorStorm RC. I'll be doing that as a last resort. I'll give Soul Sacrifice a shot next, LBP Vita is mostly all the multiplayer stuff left and I don't prioritize that very highly.

I would probably recommend any turn based RPG, especially the ones that have strong Wizardry style dungeon crawler elements to them like Demon Gaze, Operation Abyss, Mind Zero, Persona 4 Golden, Dungeon Travelers 2.

I'll check those out.

Well... this is a niche request...

Super Exploding Zoo? It's not too fast paced, puzzle game, might work.

Broken Age - point and click style adventure game. 

Grim Fandango Remastered - same reason.

Lemmings Touch? Picking out a particular lemming might be a bit tricky. 

Rainbow Moon - turn based battle system, so fast reactions not required.

I finished Rainbow Moon, I'll look into the rest.

Of games I've played myself on Vita its say Super Exploding Zoo, Lone Survivor, Dokuro, Home, Putty Squad, Everybody's Golf and pretty much any Lego based game could probably be played easily enough while multi tasking on a treadmill.

I'll look into those too, I know I'll get sucked in once I start one Lego game so I'll probably avoid that prefer games with a story, so Golf won't work.

TRPGs or turn-based JRPGs will do nicely.

I always play Disgaea while on the exercise bike.

Exercise bike + PSP + Disgaea 1 and 2 = Recipe for about six months of my life.

While I was hoping to get through my Plus games and backlog, this might be a good time to pickup Disgaea 4!

Fixed my sig. I have sigs turned off cause the moving ones made me want to gouge my eyes out and didn't realize mine wasn't linked correctly. I'm beyond horrible at MotorStorm RC. I'll be doing that as a last resort. I'll give Soul Sacrifice a shot next, LBP Vita is mostly all the multiplayer stuff left and I don't prioritize that very highly.

It works alright now, thanks for fixing. Motorstorm isn't easy, but you get the hang of it eventually. The buggy cars are the worst ones by far, everything else is quite doable IMO. If you need help with the online for that, let me know as that is quick. I also still have my save for SS and LBP Vita, dunno what you need on the latter since I couldn't check yet.

Final Fantasy X if you have not played that. Definitely Disgaea and P4G.

I haven't played Steins;Gate, but I am fairly confident that you could play that on a treadmill... Though you may miss out on a wonderful story if you decide to do it on the treadmill and don't pay attention.

Am I the only one who did not know what treadmill is before Googling it? xD

i needed to google it to, but that looks so dangerous, if you fall your vita will fly trough the room lol, and how can you even run and play @ the same time, if you really gonna do it take something that don't need to much action on your vita or you will forget to run :lol:

Am I the only one who did not know what treadmill is before Googling it? xD

VNs should work well. In fact, it could be the best game you are looking for, if you set the text to auto, you can even run and not touch Vita for a while.

Now that you know what it is, what would you call it? I'm genuinely curious.

I used to read actual books *a lot* while on the treadmill, but was looking to make some progress on some games. I've got plenty of books I would rather read than get into VNs.

skyrim because there's a lot of walking

Is Skyrim on Vita now?

i needed to google it to, but that looks so dangerous, if you fall your vita will fly trough the room lol, and how can you even run and play @ the same time, if you really gonna do it take something that don't need to much action on your vita or you will forget to run :lol:

I don't run. I walk at a decent pace on a high incline. Imagine walking steeply uphill quickly. Better on the knees and my heart rate hits 190+ bpm within 5 minutes so it's pretty effective. I'd imagine the whole body movement of running would make playing anything except VNs near-impossible.

If you're going to try something like Soul Sacrifice, you could pretty much say that any game that doesn't require precise touch inputs is up for grabs. If I was walking slow enough, I could probably play Don't Die, Mr. Robot! or a rhythm game with some amount of success. As for easier things to do, as stated earlier, turn based JRPGs like Neptunia games or Visual novels like XBlaze or Amnesia: Memories are pretty easy to play regardless of your position. Raising games like Neptunia PP (I need a better example) should also be fine.Card games like the MTG game or Monster Monpiece (it would be amusing to watch you do the scratching while on the treadmill) should also be easy enough.