Persona 5 - WEEBNESS HAS WON THE FIGHT! Release on 4.4.2017 will contain DUAL AUDIO!

Satoshi Ookami

Options are good. Sucks about the delay. I really was hoping to play it as son as possible. Oh well. Does anyone else think the English souonds good? i think it does. Gonna play it with English audio for me. The Persona dubs have always been pretty damn good if you ask me.

• Like 1

Aoi Yuuki and Rina Satou, just those 2 Shows how wonderful is this news!!!!

Clearly who say that english is fine Hasn't plaied Rorona Before in English (Which is fine good) and then in Jap, all another stuff really wonderful (Eri Kitamura <3)

In the end the Original Language is the best and this for almsot every product will it be a game or movies or Tv Series or Anime :P

idk... I would think people would be happy that they won't become physically ill from hearing some of the english cast's voices... like what happened with P4.

Please, don't let this topic turn into another sub vs dub war. PSNProfiles community is better than that

I'm gonna play the game at least twice, probably will change voices on my second playthrough to make it a bit different than the first one ;)

Edited by Rollers23

Please, don't let this topic turn into another sub vs dub war. PSNProfiles community is better than that

I'm fine with dubs if the quality is decent. The performance in P4 (especially Sam Riegel's performance) was worse than my kid sister's class's performance of the musical Annie and they're 10. That is not acceptable to me.

It's a destiny of Persona threads/articles everywhere, though =D

You can't escape it :DDDD

Then let's show we're different. Gematsu and youtube comments make me vomit when I see those dub-only and sub-only fight each other.

Just let's not turn into another cancerous and mindless community that starts a war over other people's preferences.

• Like 2

I really love how in the Playstation Blog article regarding the delay and the inclusion of Japanese VO DLC, Hardin states that they went "through herculean effort from just about every division of Atlus [and] we managed to arrange this [dual-audio option]"

Yes. Herculean effort. How hard it is to just do nothing and keep what already was in the game from the start :P

Anyway, all jokes aside, this is great news and now I'm even more hyped to get my hands on the game. I still have so many games in my backlog to go through, including previous Persona games (still working on being done with Golden), that I'm not too worried about the delay (as in, at all).

I think the only thing that bothers me about dual-audio is that... well, now the Persona series will be inconsistent. I'll get to play P5 in its original glory, but I'll be stuck playing P3/P4/PQ/P4AU/P4DAN with dub voices only.

Oh well, at least the stories are completely independent from each other.

Yes. Herculean effort. How hard it is to just do nothing and keep what already was in the game from the start :P

It is Herculean effort. Think about it.

It must have been HELL to not remove it completely :awesome:

Welp, I know what I am getting for my Birthday this year now xD.

Japanese voices? :awesome:

Well, at least someone is more happy with the release date =D

I'm actually overjoyed with the release date =D Because 4.4 is birthday of my PSN account :awesome: And I get dual audio as a present, what can be better? :awesome:

Too bad I will most likely not get the game on the release date due to shipping :/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I wouldn't take Famitsu's review seriously, I mean if my memory serves me right, they gave Persona 4 35/40

same here, something is very fishy about famitsu's reviews, last time I checked they gave umbrella corps a 36/40, even in Japan peopledidn't likes that game.

remind me of toonami game reviews, any nintendo game cube exclusive gets a 10 to 9 or 8. ps2 exclusive he'll rate it around 4 to 5, could be wrong but I remember he gave FFX a 6 and Shadow of the Colossus a 5 or something. I remember that was the time where I start to not give a shit about game ranking reviews.

• Like 1

Hey guys, remember this? :P

EeIB694.png

Honestly though, I don't even mind the delay. I'm kind of thankful for it actually because I still need to plat the NA version of P4G and it was getting kinda close. Of course we'll need to avoid spoilers for another two months now, but other than that, I don't mind.

And what's that? We're getting dual-audio!? :o

Excuse me one moment...

jsXx1KD.gif

That's awesome news. I didn't think it was actually gonna happen. Clearly worth delaying the game two months just to add it. :giggle: (I know that wasn't the actual reason. I just want Satoshi to explain that for the 50th time :awesome:)

This is bound to bring the wrath of certain weebs, but I'll probably stick with the English voices at first as they actually seem pretty decent. It's nice to have that option though, and if I don't like how certain characters sound in English (such as the one true waifu) then I'll use the Japanese voices instead. I'm going to give them a chance before writing them off entirely. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

EeIB694.png

Never forget about

P5-Winter-PS3-Ann.jpg

:awesome:

Yeah, I know that one was refering to Japanese release.

Btw, nearly 3 motherfkin years have passed since we saw first Persona 5 trailer, if someone told me then that we'd have to wait 3 and a half years for western release I'd laugh at them... but... well... here we are and who knows if they don't push it back even further xD

Edited by Rollers23
  • Like 1

Ffs, not again :shakefist:. Looks like 2017 is also the year of the delays, just like 2016. The Japanese voices are a nice addition, though I'd rather have the game on February 14th 2017 and download the free DLC later.

EeIB694.png

Never forget about

P5-Winter-PS3-Ann.jpg

I completely forgot about these.

Edited by Dragon-Archon