Share one of your favorite Video Game Songs

KaosStrife

16 hours ago, ShonenCat said:

Devil May Cry 1 - Statue of Time

So calm, so serene and so welcomed between all the hectic shooting and slashing xD

Then you turn the corner and Psycho Siren starts playing :P

• Like 3

I'm being reminded a lot about Pokemon recently xD

There are many memorable themes in the Pokemon series out there but, of all of those, this one has stuck out with me the most over time. If you have played this game, you know of what I'm talking about. You just got all the 8 medals to go and challenge the Pokemon League. After returning to New Bark Town and surfing east of that location, you eventually set foot on Route 26 and get approached by an NPC that tells you: "Hey! Do you know what you just did? You've taken your first step into Kanto. Check your Pokegear Map and see."

You go check your map to confirm that, indeed, the previous region is also included within the game you're playing now and get immediately overwhelmed with nostalgia. This track is not only epic into itself but it is also inspiring at the same time while on your way to the Pokemon League. For a 1999 GB game, this is mighty impressive. Well played Nintendo...well played.

Compare it with the classic GB version below for an extra blast from the past.

Spoiler

^_^

• Like 1

Banjo Kazooie just turned 20 today (or yesterday, depending on your location). It was first released in North America on June 29, 1998, with the european release following mid-July and the japanese release in December. Time really flies...

Edited by Atsuko Kagari

Mass effect-The Normandy is still one of my favorites. The only game where I bothered to actually buy the soundtrack. 

Second place would go to anything from Nier Automata.  I wanted to buy that soundtrack as well but the last time i looked it was around 30€.  

Zestiria's OP + visuals hit me like a truck when I first saw it, was not expecting anywhere near that much impact. And I first saw it without lyrics, probably even better with. I like Vesperia's and Graces' lighter songs too, but this song combined with the visuals is amazing.

Also all Persona music, but I'm sure that's posted enough already.

• Like 2