Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - Trophy List

People complain if trophy lists are hard. People complain if trophy lists are easy.

It's not that the trophy list is easy that I'm frustrated about. It's that the platinum is a joke because the game devs were too scared to make it difficult, and instead made all the difficult trophies "DLC" (because that's what they will be, and it's bullshit because they aren't DLC at all), meaning that their rarity will be artificially bloated because the DLC statistics on this website are broken and it seems like there is no intention of ever fixing them.

If every trophy was a basegame trophy, and the list was easy as hell, OK, sure, I'll go with that. If every trophy was a basegame trophy and the list was hard as hell, than that'd be fine with me too.

But what they're doing here is total bs.

• Like 1

I'm Happy with Brutal difficulty no begin part of the platinum. I 100% all 3 Uncharted this give me a little hope that i can 100% all the game again and people look for a challenges go for the 100% most people never 100% all 3 Uncharted. If People look at the big picture here ND is going to look at the Brutal trophy and see how many people finish it or if people like it brutal it my be in UN4 platinum.

Someone on a previous page said that this is the way it is because the Platinum is just about as easy to earn as it was on the PS3, the trophy lists are extremely similar between the consoles. That's on purpose so that anyone who's getting the game now on PS4 who never had it on the PS3 will be able to enjoy the same Platinum hunt that we had. As for those of us who already own the Plats on PS3, that's why we have the bonus trophies counting as DLC.

As someone who has the Plat on all three games on the PS3, I see absolutely no problem here and people should learn to see things in a different perspective from time to time. Just because you're a masochist doesn't mean the experience of getting a Platinum has to be ruined for everyone else. Crushing is difficult enough as it is to get that Plat. You want to play Brutal, go for it, just don't ruin everyone else's Platinum for it.

• Like 2

I was mad/disappointed on the new trophies being DLC only, then I read this

Just because you're a masochist doesn't mean the experience of getting a Platinum has to be ruined for everyone else. Crushing is difficult enough as it is to get that Plat. You want to play Brutal, go for it, just don't ruin everyone else's Platinum for it.

and I'm not mad anymore. It's not because I like to suffer that everyone needs to as well.

EDIT: But since I hate DLC, more than likely won't play for those trophies (unless I earn at least one of them, then fuck it, I'm doing all of them).

Edited by TheYuriG

The trophy for beating Brutal will probably be 100% common too  :awesome:

Yeah and the DLC trophies aren't going to be rare because of the way dlc owners works.

Well, they will still be "rarer" than 100% common since each of them is on one DLC list per game and I doubt people who accidentally or on purpose get some of the Extended trophies will then go and do Brutal as well. It'll still end up being the rarest of the DLC trophies.

Well, they will still be "rarer" than 100% common since each of them is on one DLC list per game and I doubt people who accidentally or on purpose get some of the Extended trophies will then go and do Brutal as well. It'll still end up being the rarest of the DLC trophies.

Haha yeah I know, It was just a joke.

I'm just disappointed that the hardest trophies are treated as add-ons and don't count toward the platinum. This doesn't change my opinion of the collection though, I'll still be getting it and getting 100% in all three games.

To all the people who are bitching about the Brutal and speed run trophies not being required for the platinum - if it really bothers you so much, then vote with your wallet.  Don't buy the Collection when it releases, and instead wait until you find a second-hand copy in a shop or something.  But you know you're going to buy the game on launch day anyway, so clearly it isn't as big a deal as you're making it out to be.  Naughty Dog never gave any indication that the trophy lists would be radically overhauled, so why did anyone expect them to be?  I don't recall seeing (m)any people complaining that The Last Of Us: Remastered or Grand Theft Auto V had an identical trophy set (bar one trophy for GTA) to the PS3 versions, so if that didn't bother you, then this shouldn't either.

It looks like the number of treasure trophies have been scaled back - the increments are slightly different, particularly in respect to Uncharted 1 and 2.  

I'm still on the fence with regard to this, wasn't overly thrilled with the demo (having played all the PS3 versions)....I may do a 'request to watch' for one of my friends when they attempt Brutal difficulty ^_^

It's not that the trophy list is easy that I'm frustrated about. It's that the platinum is a joke because the game devs were too scared to make it difficult, and instead made all the difficult trophies "DLC" (because that's what they will be, and it's bullshit because they aren't DLC at all), meaning that their rarity will be artificially bloated because the DLC statistics on this website are broken and it seems like there is no intention of ever fixing them.

If every trophy was a basegame trophy, and the list was easy as hell, OK, sure, I'll go with that. If every trophy was a basegame trophy and the list was hard as hell, than that'd be fine with me too.

But what they're doing here is total bs.

How do you know they are too scared? Unless a dev spoke out and said publicly 'You know what fellas, The idea of putting challenging trophies in there has made me crap my pants with fear, so we'll put easy ones in there' then it is completely based on opinion rather than accusation.

My guess is that the trophy lists were not changed much from the originals due to a mix of laziness and also because they felt the games stand on their own merits and should not be judged by how difficult trophies attached to them are. Which is completely correct.

Difficulty in general is also very subjective, you have to remember not everyone out there has the same level of gaming skill as you. Some might find it plenty hard, some might find it very easy. The point is, the games are still awesome regardless.

It may be DLC but it's not like you have to pay for it. I'm pretty sure you will want to try Brutal difficulty.

I know, it will come with the base game. I really wanted to play Brutal, but I'm more than likely going cba over those trophies as they are optional.

To all the people who are bitching about the Brutal and speed run trophies not being required for the platinum - if it really bothers you so much, then vote with your wallet.  Don't buy the Collection when it releases, and instead wait until you find a second-hand copy in a shop or something.  But you know you're going to buy the game on launch day anyway, so clearly it isn't as big a deal as you're making it out to be.  Naughty Dog never gave any indication that the trophy lists would be radically overhauled, so why did anyone expect them to be?  I don't recall seeing (m)any people complaining that The Last Of Us: Remastered or Grand Theft Auto V had an identical trophy set (bar one trophy for GTA) to the PS3 versions, so if that didn't bother you, then this shouldn't either.

Because The Last of Us: Remastered didn't have a promise of having an entirely new trophy list. The Uncharted collection did.

And yeah, I won't be buying this launch day and if it's any time soon it'll be pre-owned. This list is total bs, but eh, that's to be expected with Naughty Dog games. They fuck their consumers over and over and over.

I had hopes for this since it wasn't Naughty Dog developing it, but it seems that the anti-consumer nature of Naughty Dog is contagious and Bluepoint have caught the bug.

• Like 1

I've beaten these games on PS3 already, and wasn't planning to pick up this remastered collection, unless there was some notable changes. An example of a game that does this, would be Guacamelee and Guacamelee: STCE or XCOM: Enemy Unknown & Within. Same basic game, but with notable new features that changes up the gameplay quite a bit. Plus different trophy lists, I have noticed there are some new trophies ontop of the additional extra ones and there's something called photo mode in all 3 games, so I might pick this collection up. Though probably after the price drops a little.