Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

19 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

Okay all. Prepare to be amazed!! Or not, whatever lol. I think I finished making my way through all of the PP threads last night and got them all added. All PPs that have threads that are not actually closed were included (even though some are really old). Let me know if I overlooked anything/anyone and I'll fix it. Few things I'd like opinions on for finishing it up:

1. I have been playing with the Top 15 sheet some all along trying to figure out the best. (Obviously the numbers on there for previous dates are weird since the data wasn't complete.) Just wondering if 15 is the right # to show for the top. 10? 20? I've switched it around a few times & still don't know. I mean, anyone can look through the actual board to find themselves and see how many points they have, but I figured it'd be nice to show the top people, right?
  2. On the PP requirements tab, I included threads that are closed (with notes & red to differentiate). I mostly did this to help my poor little brain remember what I'd already looked at, but should they stay that way or remove them from the list altogether? Not sure if it may be helpful to anyone else to easily see which threads have been closed already.
  3. Lastly, there was a comment to consider adding a game list to it so everything is up to date & in one place. I had noticed the game master list hasn't been updated in a while either. I did play around with it a bit last night just because I had time still left on my lecture listening. So, there's a sheet there with it started a tiny bit. Any thoughts on that whole thing would be cool too.

As always, let me know if there's anything I've screwed up along the way :lol: or just ideas/opinions for anything else.

Woohoo! This is super impressive. Thanks for all your hard work ?. I'm feeling pumped about the prospects of PP coming back.

I really like the idea of putting all the closed threads in the requirements tab so that people can see if they're interested in picking something up. I also really like the Game List putting what PP it's from as well as any other bonus PPs a game qualifies for. Best of all, despite all this data, the sheet runs buttery smooth. We're nearly ready for PP revival!

I wonder if it's worth getting consensus among existing PP owners if they want to continue with the revived PP? It seems like we have a good core group that's interested, but one of the reasons this declined the first time is because a bunch of the forum posts stopped being updated. If anyone wants to drop out now and pass their threads onto others, that would probably make the transition process a lot smoother.

On a different topic: I was personally in favor of dropping the PP requirement from 5 games to 4 games as that would allow for a lot more new threads (Sly Cooper, Infamous, Jak & Daxter, Crash Bandicoot once CTR comes out, Fallout, etc). Maybe we should focus on making sure all the existing stuff is working before addressing this and launching new threads, but just wanted to throw it out there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sundrew said:

I wonder if it's worth getting consensus among existing PP owners if they want to continue with the revived PP? It seems like we have a good core group that's interested, but one of the reasons this declined the first time is because a bunch of the forum posts stopped being updated. If anyone wants to drop out now and pass their threads onto others, that would probably make the transition process a lot smoother.

On a different topic: I was personally in favor of dropping the PP requirement from 5 games to 4 games as that would allow for a lot more new threads (Sly Cooper, Infamous, Jak & Daxter, Crash Bandicoot once CTR comes out, Fallout, etc). Maybe we should focus on making sure all the existing stuff is working before addressing this and launching new threads, but just wanted to throw it out there.

As I'm going to go through every open thread for the masterlist anyway I wanted to then @ every owner who didn't update their thread for a while. I think that way we can see who still wants to do it. 

In my opinion we can talk about the 4 game requirements after every PP has an active owner or was closed like you already said :)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kurorac said:

As I'm going to go through every open thread for the masterlist anyway I wanted to then @ every owner who didn't update their thread for a while. I think that way we can see who still wants to do it. 

In my opinion we can talk about the 4 game requirements after every PP has an active owner or was closed like you already said :)

Oh cool, that sounds like a great solution. Thanks for taking the lead on this ?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurorac said:

If I were smarter, I would have done this while I was going through them lol. Good idea :) 

• Like 1

On 13.12.2018 at 6:22 AM, ShakeNBake663 said:

Alright, friends, my finals are officially over and done with. This means I'll be starting up the Choices and Consequences PP within the next few days! Here are the games that will be added, tell me if any are taken or if they don't exactly fit since some of these I haven't played

- Guardians is a bonus badge

- Detroit: Become Human

- Batman Season Two

- Walking Dead Season Three

- Walking Dead Final Season (when it's finished)

- Walking Dead Collection

- Life is Strange: Before the Storm

- Life is Strange Season Two

- The Council (this is one I am not sure on, let me know)

I'll also be removing Blues and Bullets since it seems to have been abandoned.

The Council is very similiar to a Telltale episodic game so I'd say it fits C&C if no other PP has already picked it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm back with another question about games for Choices and Consequences. I'm thinking of adding Oxenfree as well as Night in the Woods, but I'm not totally sure about these games. Thoughts?

(Also I kinda wanna do a thread for SNK games, but one thing at a time lol)

Edited by ShakeNBake663

The Metroidvania PP will be undergoing a bit of a format change with newly added games and altered requirements.

The following games will be added to the Metroidvania PP

Guacamelee 2

Rabi-Ribi

Forma.8

Unepic

Timespinner

Rogue Legacy (appropriated from Challenge Accepted Vita)

The Mummy Demastered

Could I get someone artistically inclined to do a few trophy emblems up for me (don't know how well the SOTN image will shrink down)?

Bronze backing

4S461775.png

9S75bbf7.png

Silver backing

18S3d032c.png

10Se8c19e.png

Gold backing

29S72891d.png

8S769265.png

pFvLJS1.png

Platinum backing

3S61b8db.png

17S4f99da.png

Red backing

15S59276d.png

Yellow backing

7S5ae1e9.png

Green backing

9Sbde2a8.png

Thanks in advance to any volunteer artists.

2 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

I know the "Metroid" in Metroidvania is Nintendo but I feel it's a little weird leaving that one of the two series that made the genre. I don't mean the games but a trophy emblem of it?

I have some thoughts on a way to bring a Metroid emblem into it but haven't fleshed it out yet though I may throw up an image for mounting once I have.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought...is there one for games like Harvest Moon? Only problem I see is there are only four games like that I know of.

1. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition (PS2 on PS4)

2. Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland (PS2 on PS4)

3. Harvest Moon: Light of Hope (PS4)

4. Stardew Valley (PS4/Vita)

Maybe if more came, it'd be something worth looking at.

Plan to remake 5pb.'s Science Adventure series PP then at least 5 VNs make it to the West, so far I know only about 4:

1. Steins;Gate
  2. ChäoS;Child
  3. Steins;Gate 0
  4. Steins;Gate Elite

but there are news or "rumors" that Robotics;Notes is coming west

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/roboticsnotes-coming-west

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leon Castle said:

Plan to remake 5pb.'s Science Adventure series PP then at least 5 VNs make it to the West, so far I know only about 4:

1. Steins;Gate
  2. ChäoS;Child
  3. Steins;Gate 0
  4. Steins;Gate Elite

but there are news or "rumors" that Robotics;Notes is coming west

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/roboticsnotes-coming-west

They no longer go by 5pb as of 2011.

Here is a wiki of their releases, if you wanna add more to it, you can also take out the science adventure and just make it a general pp of their games, maybe even throw a Hyperdimension emblem with the 5pb character

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mages_(company)

If not, you could always add stacks. I know there are a lot, as well as a spinoff or two.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 1

Had some unexpected extra time spent out of town the last few weeks. Trying to get myself back into my normal schedule this week now that I am back home and my new classes have begun. Just felt bad that I've been MIA in updating the new leaderboard lately and wanted to give a heads up. I'm now working on getting it all updated with the new threads and threads that have been closed. Hopefully will have it all correct within the next week :)

Tiers have been officially changed within the Metroidvania PP.  Steamworld Dig 2 has also been added to the games list. The list currently looks like this:

The Fantasy Path Codex

Apotheon

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Guacamelee

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Guacamelee 2

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir PS4/PS3/Vita

Rogue Legacy

Salt and Sanctuary PS4 or Vita

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero PS4 or Vita 

The Mummy Demastered

Unepic

The Sci-Fi Mission Log

Axiom Verge

Forma.8

Headlander

Rabi-Ribi PS4 or Vita

Shadow Complex Remastered

Steamworld Dig 2

Strider PS3 or PS4

Sundered

Teslagrad

Timespinner PS4 or Vita

Side Quests

Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus

Hell Yeah!

Iconoclasts

Knytt Underground

Momodora: Reveries Under the Moonlight (Momodora 4)

Outland

Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut

Song of the Deep

Steamworld Dig

Xeodrifter

Bronze through Platinum ranks exist within the Fantasy Path Codex and Sci-Fi Mission Log.  Overall PP rankings now require concurrent level in one route and one level below in the other.  Side Quests now have three tiers of accomplishment (Bronze to Gold) and these levels are required for Gold through Super Plat ranks.  Super Plat also requires the Special Award for Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood.

Please see the Metroidvania PP OP for complete details.  I think this is a good plan and welcome feedback and constructive criticism.

Metroid has been represented by the Proud Mother award for completing all side quests.

• Like 1

Just now, Kevvik said:

Tiers have been officially changed within the Metroidvania PP.  Steamworld Dig 2 has also been added to the games list. The list currently looks like this:

The Fantasy Path Codex

Apotheon

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Guacamelee

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Guacamelee 2

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir PS4/PS3/Vita

Rogue Legacy

Salt and Sanctuary PS4 or Vita

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero PS4 or Vita 

The Mummy Demastered

Unepic

The Sci-Fi Mission Log

Axiom Verge

Forma.8

Headlander

Rabi-Ribi PS4 or Vita

Shadow Complex Remastered

Steamworld Dig 2

Strider PS3 or PS4

Sundered

Teslagrad

Timespinner PS4 or Vita

Side Quests

Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus

Hell Yeah!

Iconoclasts

Knytt Underground

Momodora: Reveries Under the Moonlight (Momodora 4)

Outland

Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut

Song of the Deep

Steamworld Dig

Xeodrifter

Bronze through Platinum ranks exist within the Fantasy Path Codex and Sci-Fi Mission Log.  Overall PP rankings now require concurrent level in one route and one level below in the other.  Side Quests now have three tiers of accomplishment (Bronze to Gold) and these levels are required for Gold through Super Plat ranks.  Super Plat also requires the Special Award for Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood.

Please see the Metroidvania PP OP for complete details.  I think this is a good plan and welcome feedback and constructive criticism.

Metroid has been represented by the Proud Mother award for completing all side quests.

Nice. You even went Fantasy and Sci-Fi with it. Good thinking on having the Castlevania game as a requirement to get the Super Plat.

I seem to have lost track, but is the leaderboard up-to-date? @Dinkus83 If so, I will add a link to the Masterlist because the link will get lost here.

And do we have to update our PPs in the leaderboard?

Final Fantasy is getting bigger and bigger with all the spin-offs and games so I'm thinking of changing it a bit. I'm not sure how, but I think there are to many special emblems.

Maybe I can make every numbered game a requirement for the platinum rank and the spin-offs a requirement for super plat rank?

Does someone have a better idea?

7 hours ago, Kurorac said:

I seem to have lost track, but is the leaderboard up-to-date? @Dinkus83 If so, I will add a link to the Masterlist because the link will get lost here.

And do we have to update our PPs in the leaderboard?

Final Fantasy is getting bigger and bigger with all the spin-offs and games so I'm thinking of changing it a bit. I'm not sure how, but I think there are to many special emblems.

Maybe I can make every numbered game a requirement for the platinum rank and the spin-offs a requirement for super plat rank?

Does someone have a better idea?

Yep, everything should be up-to-date with all the new or rebooted threads.

Okay, so I checked over the leaderboard again and made sure its all up to date. As a heads up, with my classes this term I have less time listening and more time working on projects. But, my plan is to check for updates on Mondays as this will be my lecture listening day. I will try to keep it consistent :)

Also, I was wondering if anything was decided about the threads that haven't been closed yet, but also haven't been updated. Are we planning to just leave them there, or have a mod just close them or something? Just curious.

Just an idea from an outsider looking in- but maybe it's time to retire this thread and get a new information and overview thread made? I know if I was new wondering what Project Platinums were about, a 100+ page thread would probably make me think twice about wanting to jump into this rabbit hole :P 

6 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

Okay, so I checked over the leaderboard again and made sure its all up to date. As a heads up, with my classes this term I have less time listening and more time working on projects. But, my plan is to check for updates on Mondays as this will be my lecture listening day. I will try to keep it consistent :)

Also, I was wondering if anything was decided about the threads that haven't been closed yet, but also haven't been updated. Are we planning to just leave them there, or have a mod just close them or something? Just curious.

I've contacted everyone and the mods closed every thread from people who didn't respond.

Every thread that's open now is an active PP thread (with one exception I think but that's also taken care of already).

The only idea I have to make it look cleaner is to make a new sub-forum for the closed ones. That way only the active ones are seen here. 

I added your leaderboard link to the Masterlist btw.

6 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Just an idea from an outsider looking in- but maybe it's time to retire this thread and get a new information and overview thread made? I know if I was new wondering what Project Platinums were about, a 100+ page thread would probably make me think twice about wanting to jump into this rabbit hole :P 

That's a valid point!

I also thought about that, but only because the first post isn't up-to-date anymore.

Should I take care of a new General thread and maybe a sub-forum for the closed threads?

Edited by Kurorac

5 hours ago, Kurorac said:

I've contacted everyone and the mods closed every thread from people who didn't respond.

Every thread that's open now is an active PP thread (with one exception I think but that's also taken care of already).

The only idea I have to make it look cleaner is to make a new sub-forum for the closed ones. That way only the active ones are seen here. 

I added your leaderboard link to the Masterlist btw.

Oops. When I was updating it last night, I was just clicking through the links on the leaderboard and didn't notice that they'd been closed already. I'll try to get the closed ones noted & removed from leaderboard today.

5 hours ago, Kurorac said:

That's a valid point!

I also thought about that, but only because the first post isn't up-to-date anymore.

Should I take care of a new General thread and maybe a sub-forum for the closed threads?

I thought about that as well, for the same reason. So, I'd say yeah if this thread isn't going to be updated anymore then its probably time for a new one. And @Kittet3 is probably right about the length that this one has gotten to, as well ;) A sub-forum may help it look a bit cleaner, if that's a possibility. Otherwise, the closed threads should drop to the back pages after a bit. 

So I thought of an idea for a project platinum and I don't think the games are in any other PP yet.  I was thinking Kemco RPGs.  There are six unique plats and one non-plat in English, and a couple of additional titles in Japanese (which probably would be bonus stuff).

This would include the following games: Revenant Saga, Revenant Dogma, Asdivine Hearts II, Antiquia Lost, Dragon Sinker, Fernz Gate, and Marenian Tavern Story: Patty and the Hungry God.  Asdivine Hearts can be a bonus since it's a non-plat. 

I'd be willing to run it if needed, but if anyone else wants to take up this idea feel free to.

I noticed that the Monster Hunter PP got closed & would like to see it re-opened due to the release of God Eater 3. Is this something I'd be allowed to do & who do I need to talk to to get it done (not sure how many of the original creators of the PP phenomenon are still around)? Satoshi hasn't visited the site in months, can't ask them.

17 hours ago, viech54 said:

I noticed that the Monster Hunter PP got closed & would like to see it re-opened due to the release of God Eater 3. Is this something I'd be allowed to do & who do I need to talk to to get it done (not sure how many of the original creators of the PP phenomenon are still around)? Satoshi hasn't visited the site in months, can't ask them.

You can open it if you want. Be sure to check the Masterlist because it's possible that a few games are already taken by other PPs when the original was abandoned. And please write a short notice in the Masterlist thread as soon as you've opened it so that I can add it to the list :)

• Like 1