Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way I can reserve a The Sims Project Platinum? There’s 4 games released on PSN for it:

-MySims SkyHeroes

-The Sims 3

-The Sims 3: Pets

-The Sims 4

We only need one more game for a project platinum to be doable. Alternatively I could claim Life Simulation in general to shorten the time before it’s doable. I only have about 50 posts right now but by the time another one is out I should have 200.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question: I know that a few of the PP threads are closed due to being inactive for a very long time. Can someone be able to post an update on which ones are closed? Because I have gone through some of them, and I didn't notice some of them were closed until I clicked on the last page where it said "this topic is now closed" so I couldn't be able to post any replies.

3 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

Question: I know that a few of the PP threads are closed due to being inactive for a very long time. Can someone be able to post an update on which ones are closed? Because I have gone through some of them, and I didn't notice some of them were closed until I clicked on the last page where it said "this topic is now closed" so I couldn't be able to post any replies.

The Masterlist is up to date as far as I'm aware of. Everything that's not on that list is not active.

• 4 months later...

I have a suggestion for a PP, but don't know the extent of the games that qualify.  Given some recent and upcoming titles, I was thinking a collectathon PP is in order.  Some examples are:

Temtem

Monster Sanctuary

9th Dawn III

Less recent games like the Digimon titles (I realize this has its own PP) and Tales of Symphonia (has collecting, I think) would qualify too, of course.  What do the people in charge think?

18 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

I have a suggestion for a PP, but don't know the extent of the games that qualify.  Given some recent and upcoming titles, I was thinking a collectathon PP is in order.  Some examples are:

Temtem

Monster Sanctuary

9th Dawn III

Less recent games like the Digimon titles (I realize this has its own PP) and Tales of Symphonia (has collecting, I think) would qualify too, of course.  What do the people in charge think?

Do you mean Monster Raising RPGs that's like Pokemon/Digimon? The Tales of Symphonia that has Monsters part of your party is called Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World btw.

Digimon Story&World and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World can only count as bonus games if this PP gets made.

59 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Do you mean Monster Raising RPGs that's like Pokemon/Digimon? The Tales of Symphonia that has Monsters part of your party is called Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World btw.

Digimon Story&World and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World can only count as bonus games if this PP gets made.

I do mean monster raising/collecting, yes.  Thanks for the full title of ToS.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:49 PM, IntroPhenom said:

I do mean monster raising/collecting, yes. 

Then it could be okay with a Monster Raising RPGs PP since we already have a subgenre PP. Nexomon Extinction was the only Pokemon-like game on PS4 I know of.

4 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Don't forget Ni No Kuni (PS3 of course) and its remaster.  Do PS3 titles count, or are we PS4/PS5 only for PP now?

PS3, PS Vita, PS4 and PS5 count while games that needs things like PS VR is up to the PP owner if he/she wants to use them or not.

Did not know Ni No Kuni is a Monster Raising RPG as I never played it, it won't count for Monster Raising RPGs PP if the Sequel Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom is another type of RPG.

5 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

PS3, PS Vita, PS4 and PS5 count while games that needs things like PS VR is up to the PP owner if he/she wants to use them or not.

Did not know Ni No Kuni is a Monster Raising RPG as I never played it, it won't count for Monster Raising RPGs PP if the Sequel Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom is another type of RPG.

Wait, a game is disqualified if its sequel is of a different type?  I must rethink this, and reread the rules. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

What about cases where a PP has been closed? (Ex: Tomb Raider)? 

I'm not really an authority in PP, but when someone closed the Persona PP down I just asked for permission to make a new one and I got the okay. Maybe just express interest and see where it goes

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

With Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart out, I think it's time to close @Dragon-Archon's PPs and let someone else take over if the person want a PP like Ratchet & Clank etc. to continue to be open.

There are a handful of threads that remained open after the last purge that have since gone quiet.  I have toyed with the idea of helping out with PPs, but stall at the art for them.  

I would be interested in taking over the R&C PP if I could reuse the art.  Don't think I have it in me to create a banner, at least. Also, don't want to step on any toes. 

I have no ideas as to the direction to take the Dragon PP.

On 6/21/2021 at 6:16 AM, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I would be interested in taking over the R&C PP if I could reuse the art.  Don't think I have it in me to create a banner, at least. Also, don't want to step on any toes. 

I have no ideas as to the direction to take the Dragon PP.

Well if you honor the retired @Dragon-Archon for making the banner and emblems*, I don't think it will be a problem. But you might want to make a new post on the old R&C with a link to the new R&C before you ask a mod to close the old R&C.

You can turn it into a Dragon Age PP(with a 4th game coming and PPs with only 3/4 games can be made) but then you will need both a new banner and emblems.

*If you want to learn how to make emblems then here's a tutorial that @Wavergray made back then I asked the then not retired dragon to make new emblems for me.

Making project platinum emblems isn't very hard. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to make one. So you won't have to wait on Dragon.

I use the free image editor called GIMP ,but but I'm sure this guide would work more or less the same with something like Photoshop.

1. Open the picture you want to make into a emblems in Gimp.
  2. Click on tools, go to transform tools, and pick crop.
  3. With the crop tool, cut out all the stuff you don't want in the emblem.
  4. Click on tools, go to transform tools, and pick scale.
  5. For your scale, make both the width and height 50 then click scale.
  6. Click on image, then choose Autocrop image.
  7. Click on filter, go to decor, then click add border.
  8. Make both the X and Y of your border 3 and choose whatever color you want. (You can leave the Delta value alone.)
  9. Go to file and choose export as.
  10. Name the file whatever you want but make sure the file type is a .jpg.
  11. Make sure the quality is at 100 and then click export.
  12. Now reopen this emblem you just made in Gimp.
  13. Click on tools and choose scale.
  14. Make both width and height 50.
  15. Click on image and choose Autocrop image.
  16. Now redo steps 9 through 11.

And now you have a new project platinum emblem.

If it does not come out right like it did with me then.

Honestly when you scale an image you're going to lose some quality regardless of what you do. With that first method, since you're scaling an already scaled image you're going to lose quite a bit of quality.

But what you can do is:

1. Do steps 1-4 as before.
  2. For your scale, make both the width and height 44 then click scale.
  3. Do steps 6-11 as before.
  4. Skip steps 12-16.

Based on the pic you used, you may get a better look emblem. 

P.S. Autocrop and Crop to content are the same. They just changed the name in the newest version.

For banners I have no idea how to make one either but I use a "Temp" banner at times(Just write Project Platinum in light blue and then name of series and use a picture from the said series or instead of writing the name, use a logo of the series.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

For banners I have no idea how to make one either but I use a "Temp" banner at times(Just write Project Platinum in light blue and then name of series and use a picture from the said series or instead of writing the name, use a logo of the series.

Back in the day I used https://www.canva.com/
Those with more skill can use GIMP or Photoshop.

• Like 1