Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

If you want the list of games for Dengeki well:

• Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition - not released until December for Japan
  • SAO: Hollow Fragment
  • SAO Re: Hollow Fragment
  • SAO: Lost Song
  • Accel World: Awakening of the Silver Wings
  • Accel World: The Peak of Acceleration
  • Ro-Kyu-Bu! Secret Photo Opportunity
  • Oreimo: Happy End
  • Durarara!! 3way Standoff -alley- V
  • Durarara!! Relay
  • Golden Time: Vivid Memories
  • The Irregular at Magic High School: Out Of Order
  • The Pet-Girl of Sakurasou
  • Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls - not released until November for Japan
  • Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol.1 Printemps
  • Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol.2 BiBi
  • Love Live! School Idol Paradise Vol.3 lily white
  • Yuki Yuna is a Hero: Memories of the Tree Sea
  • SAO: Hollow Realization - 2016 Japanese release
  • Kantai Collection - February 2016(I am beginning to doubt this will release...)
Removed all the Neptune games except for Sega Hard Girls as was agreed upon earlier in the thread and tried using all the series known English names just to make it easier for listing here for now.

Sorry for the stupid question but what is this Dengeki? What is the thing all these games share with each other?

Sorry for the stupid question but what is this Dengeki? What is the thing all these games share with each other?

Simple answer think of it similarly to Shounen Jump except these are Dengeki with Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax kind of being the main game tying them together much like J-Stars Victory VS+ would be for Shounen Jump.

• Like 2

Well if I break the tiers into percents it'll take 5 for the lowest but that is when all are released be interesting to see somebody get this platinum tiered all I can say is I have decided on the characters for the 5 trophy images (1, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%) and you should like who is for just having a lone platinum.

Damn, if it's Tomo-chan I'm not gonna want to move up ranks xDDD Give me Tomo-chan for Silver rank since that's most likely where I'm gonna end up =D

Unless...

Onii-sama is Platinum tier, right, RIGHT?

He is omnipotent, he must be there!

I really feel this would be wrong for a couple of reasons the most prominent of which would be that shonen jump only carried a portion of the dragon quest manga made for the game series.  This would primarily consist of the Dai no Dabuken series (which is excellent but not the best IMO) and it's 37 volume sequel series, as well as a smattering of jump selection comics across the various games that consist of a poster and 3-4 page short of the game (I own all of these between dragon quest 3 and 7 in their original format).  BUT this is not all of the manga.  Eden no senshi, Roto no Monsho (which of the manga is the best by far), and Maboroshi no Daichi all were published under Gangan Comics, which was a subsidiary of Enix themselves, and currently belongs to Square Enix holdings.

My other reason is mainly that the Naruto Shonen jump thread already has a lot of games (22 at this point I believe) and it is mainly themed around a specific shonen jump franchise.  While I do enjoy said franchise, it's own game list is inferior in length to another franchise in the list, and to focus on any one franchise in that list would be/is unfair to the several others present.

A third point would be that according to the rules of the PP all other dragon quest games would end up in this thread as well, effectively locking out a series guaranteed to release more games as XI is on the horizon, as well as Heroes II.  And since Dragon Quest has been announced to be moved back to sony platforms any future remakes of previous games would receive trophy sets as well.

Edited by Trunksu25

Once P5 comes out we can have a Persona series PP with P4G, P4A, P4U AND P4D. Assuming they don't decide to make anymore spin offs, anyway.

There's almost enough games for an Otome game based PP too, right? Hakuoki and Amnesia are already out, and code: realize and Norn9 are on the way. We could turn it into a general  dating sim category too though there's a shit ton of those that will never get translated.

Once P5 comes out we can have a Persona series PP with P4G, P4A, P4U AND P4D. Assuming they don't decide to make anymore spin offs, anyway.

Ugh... forcing someone to plat P4A is something I wouldn't do to my worst enemy xD

(That reminds me, it could be used in Hemiak's PP)

There's almost enough games for an Otome game based PP too, right? Hakuoki and Amnesia are already out, and code: realize and Norn9 are on the way. We could turn it into a general  dating sim category too though there's a shit ton of those that will never get translated.

Yay for the otome! :D

Oh and since everyone was discussing a potential dangan ronpa section a few pages back what about putting Zero Escape and it's upcoming sequel in with DR, DR2 AND DRAE plus the upcoming DR3?

You could call it the ~Spike Chunsoft super despair mystery special!~ or something else silly to fit the theme of the games.

I really feel this would be wrong for a couple of reasons the most prominent of which would be that shonen jump only carried a portion of the dragon quest manga made for the game series.  This would primarily consist of the Dai no Dabuken series (which is excellent but not the best IMO) and it's 37 volume sequel series, as well as a smattering of jump selection comics across the various games that consist of a poster and 3-4 page short of the game (I own all of these between dragon quest 3 and 7 in their original format).  BUT this is not all of the manga.  Eden no senshi, Roto no Monsho (which of the manga is the best by far), and Maboroshi no Daichi all were published under Gangan Comics, which was a subsidiary of Enix themselves, and currently belongs to Square Enix holdings.

My other reason is mainly that the Naruto Shonen jump thread already has a lot of games (22 at this point I believe) and it is mainly themed around a specific shonen jump franchise.  While I do enjoy said franchise, it's own game list is inferior in length to another franchise in the list, and to focus on any one franchise in that list would be/is unfair to the several others present.

A third point would be that according to the rules of the PP all other dragon quest games would end up in this thread as well, effectively locking out a series guaranteed to release more games as XI is on the horizon, as well as Heroes II.  And since Dragon Quest has been announced to be moved back to sony platforms any future remakes of previous games would receive trophy sets as well.

I know that Dragon Quest isn't 100% Shonen Jump, but unless I'm mistaken, the manga started out as a Shonen Jump (if I'm wrong, I'm sorry). Regardless of what happened to the series afterwards, I think Dragon Quest deserves to be included in the Shonen Jump PP.

My PP is not the Naruto PP. It's the Shonen Jump PP. I impersonated Naruto in the opening post as a joke, but that's it. All the series are included in the banner and even have emblems for completing each respective series. This means that if someone for example is only a Bleach fan, he/she can only have the Bleach platinum and still have an emblem showing that he/she is a big fan of that series. I don't understand what you mean by focusing on any one franchise being unfair. As for the games as a whole, yeah, the list is long, but so what? That will only make it that much more impressive when someone collects all the platinums. 

I know more Dragon Quest games are on the way, and I will add them to my thread as they come out. It's cool that future remakes are going to have trophy lists, but how many have been announced? If at least four games have been confirmed to be released in all regions as of right now, I will gladly take Dragon Quest off my thread. If not, I don't see the problem.

• Like 1

Oh and since everyone was discussing a potential dangan ronpa section a few pages back what about putting Zero Escape and it's upcoming sequel in with DR, DR2 AND DRAE plus the upcoming DR3?

You could call it the ~Spike Chunsoft super despair mystery special!~ or something else silly to fit the theme of the games.

That was already suggested iirc. 

That was already suggested iirc. 

iirc they suggested i'd drop the limit to 4 so we could have a DR-only PP. But that was pretty early in the thread though. I could see someone making a Despair PP (when ZE3 and DR3 comes out). Zero Escape and DR go hand in hand anyway. Although that'd be another "easy" PP as i'm sure a bunch of the active users here already have the plat in all of those games, and will definitely plat the upcoming games :P

Edited by Zone Hunter

I know that Dragon Quest isn't 100% Shonen Jump, but unless I'm mistaken, the manga started out as a Shonen Jump (if I'm wrong, I'm sorry). Regardless of what happened to the series afterwards, I think Dragon Quest deserves to be included in the Shonen Jump PP.

My PP is not the Naruto PP. It's the Shonen Jump PP. I impersonated Naruto in the opening post as a joke, but that's it. All the series are included in the banner and even have emblems for completing each respective series. This means that if someone for example is only a Bleach fan, he/she can only have the Bleach platinum and still have an emblem showing that he/she is a big fan of that series. I don't understand what you mean by focusing on any one franchise being unfair. As for the games as a whole, yeah, the list is long, but so what? That will only make it that much more impressive when someone collects all the platinums. 

I know more Dragon Quest games are on the way, and I will add them to my thread as they come out. It's cool that future remakes are going to have trophy lists, but how many have been announced? If at least four games have been confirmed to be released in all regions as of right now, I will gladly take Dragon Quest off my thread. If not, I don't see the problem.

the initial manga wasn't serialized but in fact a part of the instruction manual.  As Akira Toryama did the character drawings, Shonen Jump asked him to publish a series based on the game series popularity.  I don't know what politics were involved in this, but the only IP they claimed was the Dai no Dabuken series, as Enix continued publishing it's own manga based on each installment of the game, which they later expanded into feature series.  In the case of Legendary Hero Able Akira Toryama sued a standalone company as it had no rights to the series and didn't accredit the character designs to him (manga serialization was fan drawn after the anime was released, and considered unofficial).  Therefore it's a reach at best since the bulk of publised manga was not in fact shonen jump, as well as the game spawning the manga, not vice versa.

As far as your particular thread goes, I understand that it was grandfathered in (as you had started working on it before the rule was established that would have  separated the 3 major series, as was decided by Zone), but to focus on naruto themed quotes such as:

"Earn 100% of the One Piece platinums: It would be so awesome to find the One Piece, dattebayo! Pervy Sage just emptied my frog wallet, and I could really go for some ramen right now, dattebayo!"

&

"Earn 100% of the Dragon Ball Z platinums: Kakashi Sensei! What does your sharringan say about the trophy hunter’s chakra level?!"

to use the 2 larger examples (and frankly I'm not sure what Guy has to do with Saint Seyia aside from their both having huge eyebrows either), but there are very memorable quotes in each series that would have better fit as descriptions even if you wanted to keep an overall theme of naruto himself offering you your ranks and commenting on them.

I'm not against the idea of a shonin jump pp as I happen to be a fan of many shonen jump series since I started importing the books back in 1989 . But the issue is I personally know many people who line up with one piece or naruto, for or against Dragonball and can't stand association with the others (tho personally I don't mind mashups).  And as you say completing your list is more impressive, (and I was initially extreemely excited about your thread, but the current rule that pigeonholes games into a max of 1 list does a disservice to the franchises and fans of those franchises) which is why I mentioned to zone it should be counted as a "higher value" list with it's individual series still being available for their own threads.  But again, based on your overall focus in the commentary theme vs the actual thread theme, and the number of games already present I don't feel dragon quest will recieve the credit it deserves. 

TBH grabbing at anything with a loose connection to your theme also feels like you are just padding numbers for your thread (and I'm not saying this is the case, but it can be seen as such), and I feel that as a hardcore fan of dragon quest (for which I have imported consoles) I personally would rather it not be in any PP thread than a generalized thread (especially when it recieves a "dattabayo!" at the end...).

Damn, if it's Tomo-chan I'm not gonna want to move up ranks xDDD Give me Tomo-chan for Silver rank since that's most likely where I'm gonna end up =D

Unless...

Onii-sama is Platinum tier, right, RIGHT?

He is omnipotent, he must be there!

But Touma can probably beat Onii-sama xD.

(Admittedly Touma and pretty much everyone else in Fighting Climax will have problems beating an Object in a head to head fight. Onii-sama can easily beat one. Misaka might.)

Hmm might need to dig through the other Dengeki series for more op characters.

iirc they suggested i'd drop the limit to 4 so we could have a DR-only PP. But that was pretty early in the thread though. I could see someone making a Despair PP (when ZE3 and DR3 comes out). Zero Escape and DR go hand in hand anyway. Although that'd be another "easy" PP as i'm sure a bunch of the active users here already have the plat in all of those games, and will definitely plat the upcoming games :P

I think after that someone suggested the collaboration =D

Since Dangan only would be pretty quick and easy PP =D

But Touma can probably beat Onii-sama xD.

NO one can beat Onii-sama.

TouMAN does not stand a chance :P

I think after that someone suggested the collaboration =D

Since Dangan only would be pretty quick and easy PP =D

Well yeah, i suggested it xD Either way i'm pretty certain the despair PP will be made once the sequels are released ^^

Make a PP despair and not add VLR???  :P

Edited by Zone Hunter

the initial manga wasn't serialized but in fact a part of the instruction manual.  As Akira Toryama did the character drawings, Shonen Jump asked him to publish a series based on the game series popularity.  I don't know what politics were involved in this, but the only IP they claimed was the Dai no Dabuken series, as Enix continued publishing it's own manga based on each installment of the game, which they later expanded into feature series.  In the case of Legendary Hero Able Akira Toryama sued a standalone company as it had no rights to the series and didn't accredit the character designs to him (manga serialization was fan drawn after the anime was released, and considered unofficial).  Therefore it's a reach at best since the bulk of publised manga was not in fact shonen jump, as well as the game spawning the manga, not vice versa.

As far as your particular thread goes, I understand that it was grandfathered in (as you had started working on it before the rule was established that would have  separated the 3 major series, as was decided by Zone), but to focus on naruto themed quotes such as:

"Earn 100% of the One Piece platinums: It would be so awesome to find the One Piece, dattebayo! Pervy Sage just emptied my frog wallet, and I could really go for some ramen right now, dattebayo!"

&

"Earn 100% of the Dragon Ball Z platinums: Kakashi Sensei! What does your sharringan say about the trophy hunter’s chakra level?!"

to use the 2 larger examples (and frankly I'm not sure what Guy has to do with Saint Seyia aside from their both having huge eyebrows either), but there are very memorable quotes in each series that would have better fit as descriptions even if you wanted to keep an overall theme of naruto himself offering you your ranks and commenting on them.

I'm not against the idea of a shonin jump pp as I happen to be a fan of many shonen jump series since I started importing the books back in 1989 . But the issue is I personally know many people who line up with one piece or naruto, for or against Dragonball and can't stand association with the others (tho personally I don't mind mashups).  And as you say completing your list is more impressive, (and I was initially extreemely excited about your thread, but the current rule that pigeonholes games into a max of 1 list does a disservice to the franchises and fans of those franchises) which is why I mentioned to zone it should be counted as a "higher value" list with it's individual series still being available for their own threads.  But again, based on your overall focus in the commentary theme vs the actual thread theme, and the number of games already present I don't feel dragon quest will recieve the credit it deserves. 

TBH grabbing at anything with a loose connection to your theme also feels like you are just padding numbers for your thread (and I'm not saying this is the case, but it can be seen as such), and I feel that as a hardcore fan of dragon quest (for which I have imported consoles) I personally would rather it not be in any PP thread than a generalized thread (especially when it recieves a "dattabayo!" at the end...).

I see where you're coming from. I honestly do not know much about the Dragon Quest series, so I did some research on it yesterday and found out that it was associated with Shonen Jump, so I put it in. I'm not trying to pad numbers for my thread, but I would feel bad if I left anything out of my thread that fans wanted. I thought people who were fans of the series would like to see Dragon Quest Heroes in a PP since it doesn't have enough games for a stand-alone PP (at least not for a while it won't). That's why I told Xionx yesterday that I didn't really care if he put Dragon Quest Heroes in his PP but at the same time told him that I would take it otherwise. I didn't expect someone to be so against the idea.

As for the Naruto quotes, I used them to be creative instead of just dishing out information on the opening post. I thought if I used multiple characters, it would be difficult to understand. I'm sure there are amazing quotes in each series, but I do not know much about several of the series. Why do you think I originally missed Fist of the North Star and Saint Seiya? I originally thought that the big 3 and DBZ were the only Shonen series with PSN games, the only series I've seen, but I happened to catch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle as I was looking up games. I know it's stupid for the creator of a Shonen Jump thread to not know about so many Shonen series, so I'm trying to fix that. I've been slowly watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure since I started making my thread and am most likely going to start the last season tonight (liking the series by the way ^_^ ). Saint Seiya and Fist of the North Star are next. As for now, the style for my thread stands, but once I'm caught up with everything, I may change my mind.

You could add Binding of Isaac, even with seeds the callenges are still really hard and collecting all itmes still takes like forever. And most people play without seeds anyway.

Oh and how about Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz this one is also really hard.

All right, I think I'm sold on BoI and it's added.

Same for SmonkeyB but wth man? A ps vita exclusive? Y U Do Dis?

-snip-

[uPDATED] Games involved:

• Army of Two: Devil's Cartel
  • Ace Combat - Assault Horizon and Infinity
  • Air Conflicts - Pacific Carriers, Vietnam and Pacific war
  • Apache: Air Assault
  • Bodycount
  • Brink :awesome:
  • Combat Wings
  • CS:GO
  • Enemy Front
  • Frozen Synapse Prime
  • Heavy fire; Shattered Spear and Afghan
  • Medal of Honor Frontline
  • Medal of Honor 2010
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter
  • Mercs. 2
  • Op. Flashpoint - Dragon Rising and Red River
  • R.U.S.E
  • RAMBO
  • Rogue Warrior
  • Sniper Elite 2 and 3
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 and 2
  • Spec Ops the Line
  • Time Crisis: Razing Storm
  • Tom Clancy's Hawx 1 and 2
  • Tom Clancy's Endwar
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Warfare
  • Unit 13

If you feel any are outliers or some need to be added, please quote so I'm aware ect.

Because I fucking hate humanity.

anyone consider doing games published by Square Enix that aren't Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts?

example:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider Trilogy

Hitman: Absolution

Hitman Trilogy

Sleeping Dogs

Just Cause 2

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Life is Strange

Thief

Nier

Drakengard 3

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Kane & Lynch 2

Front Mission Evolved

MindJack

Dungeon Siege 3

Army Corps of Hell

etc.

Edited by A-Brawl3r

anyone consider doing games published by Square Enix that aren't Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts?

example:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider Trilogy

Hitman: Absolution

Hitman Trilogy

Sleeping Dogs

Just Cause 2

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Life is Strange

Thief

etc.

Well Hitman's 5th unique game will be coming out soon and i believe for Tomb Raider aswell. 

*snip*

You're missing a bunch of PSN games. Looking at the wiki you're missing, Scarygirl, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Moon Diver and front mission evolved (never heard of those games, but they were published by squeenix) 

I'm not so sure if this is a good idea. I don't like the idea basing PPs off companies. I mean this list can rapidly expand in the next year and we already see incoming sequels for a lot of these games. (Star Ocean, Deus Ex, Just Cause, Nier) Another thing is that square published a bunch of Activision games in Japan. So ESSENTIALLY Squeenix published them too.

Whatever the case, a lot of the games you listed might not get featured in PP for a long time. So if you guys think this is a good idea for a PP i'll be happy to sign it up.

Also, you cannot use Hitman (5th game coming in 2016) and Tomb Raider (whatever Phil Spencer might have said at the last 2 E3's we all know Rise of The Tomb Raider will find its way to the ps4 eventually)

Edited by Zone Hunter

All right, I think I'm sold on BoI and it's added.

Same for SmonkeyB but wth man? A ps vita exclusive? Y U Do Dis?

A Vita exclusive? There goes any chance I have of getting the platinum in that PP. Where is a dislike button when you need one?  :(

Oh well, probably would have never got that platinum anyways. Liking the list so far. Provides me with some extra motivation to start on Rogue Legacy and finally buy some games like Vanquish and Catherine. Don't know much about some of the games, but I'll definitely give them a look now.