SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

4 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

Haha This site is quite literally full of cheating ♥s, ruining trophy raritys. 

I also regularly recieve messages off of idiots, offering me money for trophies. My answer to them is always the same....”NO!!”

I have often considered starting a naming and shaming thread, but since Im such a nice guy ‘n all I usually let it slide.

Haha like that 1 guy you found or the other who also messaged me before we spoke.

Ahhh my about me, sad you couldn't see it on this website lol. It basically No I won't plat games for you.

On a different note its nice to see people still on here giving eachother motivation or tips even after all this time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

Haha like that 1 guy you found or the other who also messaged me before we spoke.

Ahhh my about me, sad you couldn't see it on this website lol. It basically No I won't plat games for you.

On a different note its nice to see people still on here giving eachother motivation or tips even after all this time.

Ahhhhh TheFoundling. The guy thats been exiled from pretty much every trophy hunting website for cheating. I wonder what hes been up to lately.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2018 at 1:05 PM, lilpain97 said:

This. I see loads of accounts with almost no hard games but poof SMB done in 1 week. Not saying if you have 0 hard plats you can't plat SMB but it seems weird at times lol.

Yeah I’ve noticed this too. 

The guy who was #1 fastest in time (just over 2 days) has a lot of very easy games even though his trophy rarity average is still lower than mine. A few others who got Meat Boy done quickly have stacked a ton of games, only for them to get the platinum in less than a week. 

I’m not saying they’re outright cheating or are extremely skilled, but it makes you wonder.

49 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Yeah I’ve noticed this too. 

The guy who was #1 fastest in time (just over 2 days) has a lot of very easy games even though his trophy rarity average is still lower than mine. A few others who got Meat Boy done quickly have stacked a ton of games, only for them to get the platinum in less than a week. 

I’m not saying they’re outright cheating or are extremely skilled, but it makes you wonder.

I don't want to say who but someone in top 5 fastest has people do games for them from what I heard. I also know someone who has it in a couple days 100% gets people to do games for em as I have a pic saved of him asking me to a game 

3 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

I don't want to say who but someone in top 5 fastest has people do games for them from what I heard. I also know someone who has it in a couple days 100% gets people to do games for em as I have a pic saved of him asking me to a game 

They're essentially team accounts. The top guys will never admit this but I don't see how you honestly can play 50 - 100 games every single month and maintain 16 - 20+ trophies every single day on average all by yourself. I can definitely imagine those accounts being active for 12 - 20 hours every day.

A MMORPG I used to play around a decade ago I knew a guy who got to rank 1 in the overall leaderboards by playing 10 - 12 hours every single day. He got there within two years, so essentially that's 730 days times 10 hours equals 7300 hours.

I look at the top 100 trophy hunters and I can easily guess that's how much they play on average.

I was going to say that I hadn't gotten anyone asking me to do stuff for them.  But, I looked back through my messages and there was one from last year that wanted me to shareplay I Am Bread for him.  I declined, probably too politely.  :P

I had completely forgotten about that, but just looked him up on here.

Looks like he got someone else to do it for him as he got it a couple weeks after he messaged me.  I also see he's got the Super Meat Boy plat as well rather quickly.

2 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

I was going to say that I hadn't gotten anyone asking me to do stuff for them.  But, I looked back through my messages and there was one from last year that wanted me to shareplay I Am Bread for him.  I declined, probably too politely.  :P

Looks like he got someone else to do it for him as he got it a couple weeks after he messaged me.  I also see he's got the Super Meat Boy plat as well rather quickly.

The first platinum achiever for this game was trying to get people to ask him to platinum the game for them at a price. I think he was later banned from the forums.

The moment you pay someone to get trophies for you, you are outright cheating. Doesn't matter what the excuse is.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaz said:

The first platinum achiever for this game was trying to get people to ask him to platinum the game for them at a price. I think he was later banned from the forums.

The moment you pay someone to get trophies for you, you are outright cheating. Doesn't matter what the excuse is.

Ugh, I guess I missed that.  So, yeah, there's plenty of reasons to not take everyone's profile at face value, especially if it seems too good to be true.  It's a shame to have to look at things that way though.

7 hours ago, dmland12 said:

I can guarantee I know who it is and its more than likely the same person. 

11 hours ago, Dark said:

That’s literally how I started my account 

This is true, I don't actually think most people in the week range or less bought the plat ( Apart from 1 guy ) considering its probably expensive. I probably shouldn't have said that. 

Just now, lilpain97 said:

This is true, I don't actually think most people in the week range or less bought the plat ( Apart from 1 guy ) considering its probably expensive. I probably shouldn't have said that. 

Only reason I did it that fast was because of previous experience, although it was a long time ago it still helped. Not as good as your 53hr Trackmania time though. I spent way too much time on that game lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

They're essentially team accounts. The top guys will never admit this but I don't see how you honestly can play 50 - 100 games every single month and maintain 16 - 20+ trophies every single day on average all by yourself. I can definitely imagine those accounts being active for 12 - 20 hours every day.

A MMORPG I used to play around a decade ago I knew a guy who got to rank 1 in the overall leaderboards by playing 10 - 12 hours every single day. He got there within two years, so essentially that's 730 days times 10 hours equals 7300 hours.

I look at the top 100 trophy hunters and I can easily guess that's how much they play on average.

Average 16-20 trophies per day atm is pretty easy to get now because there are so many shit games made just for trophies. I had this account more than a year @bezdomnekoty and it always had 16-20 trophies per day and i didn't play 12-20h per day just 4h only shit games for trophies. And than one fucking beautiful day i decided to start this account and say a big NO to shit games made just for trophies i don't care anymore about leaderboards i feel free!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dark said:

Only reason I did it that fast was because of previous experience, although it was a long time ago it still helped. Not as good as your 53hr Trackmania time though. I spent way too much time on that game lol.

Ughhhhh Trackmania, my nemesis......

• Like 2

13 hours ago, UltraRareBoy said:

Average 16-20 trophies per day atm is pretty easy to get now because there are so many shit games made just for trophies. I had this account more than a year @bezdomnekoty and it always had 16-20 trophies per day and i didn't play 12-20h per day just 4h only shit games for trophies. And than one fucking beautiful day i decided to start this account and say a big NO to shit games made just for trophies i don't care anymore about leaderboards i feel free!

I bought into the easy crap around two years ago but since last year I've been focusing a lot more on games I want to play.

Your other account has a ton of easy shit. If I was willing and I had thousands of dollars I could easily spend I can do the same thing. Doesn't mean I want to though, because quite frankly games like Jack and Jill DX are purely rip offs and a waste of my time.

They thought "Well let's just rip off the Super Mario games, throw in Kirby with a couple of changes and give the game a Game Boy aesthetic." Complete rip off, and Sony just accepts any shit these days because quality control is apparently not a priority anymore.

14 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

If you pay Hakoom $1000 he can platinum Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for you. So yeah.

12 hours ago, DPatriot said:

Power of share&play!!

Still cheating in my eyes.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:05 AM, Hvalpen said:

Any tips for the last part of xoxo ?

I would suggest getting up and close to your TV screen so you can see when and where you are jumping. Make a suitable rhythm in your head - counting from 1-7; aloud if you need to and you'll beat it. Trust me. I was stuck on XOXO for 4 hours until I finally got it when I played the level for the first time, but when I got the rhythm down, it became almost deathless. What killed me was everything except the top. Good luck. If you still need help, use this video, created by srakaaaaaa.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, XCKingBrent said:

Just picked up my most treasured platinum...Only took 3 years ? I played it a bunch when it came out with my old roommate and just dropped it, decided to come back to finish it off a few weeks ago out of the blue. 12,553 deaths in total. Apparently that's pretty good, considering the game... 

I have to be honest, I found cotton alley dark to be a bit poorly designed in parts. 7-14x, 15x, 16x, 18x, 19x all felt like complete luck at times (19x less so, those final taps are just brutal is all) and too a lesser extent I struggled with 1x and 9x at times. 

BUT I AM DONE. BYE MEAT BOY, IT WAS FUN UP UNTIL THE LAST 2 DAYS OR SO! Onto finishing off Trackmania Turbo..

12,553 deaths? Lol I'm reach 35k+, GG for the platinum trophy, prepare your fingers for Super Meat Boy Forever now dude X))))))

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XCKingBrent said:

Just picked up my most treasured platinum...Only took 3 years 1f602.png I played it a bunch when it came out with my old roommate and just dropped it, decided to come back to finish it off a few weeks ago out of the blue. 12,553 deaths in total. Apparently that's pretty good, considering the game... 

I have to be honest, I found cotton alley dark to be a bit poorly designed in parts. 7-14x, 15x, 16x, 18x, 19x all felt like complete luck at times (19x less so, those final taps are just brutal is all) and to a lesser extent I struggled with 1x and 9x at times. 

BUT I AM DONE. BYE MEAT BOY, IT WAS FUN UP UNTIL THE LAST 2 DAYS OR SO! Onto finishing off Trackmania Turbo..

Damn nice job.

How long did you practice Impossible Boy for?

48 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Damn nice job.

How long did you practice Impossible Boy for?

Despite the time differences between trophies, there were some days I didn't play in the past two weeks or so (school, Homework, smash bros with friends got in the way?) after I picked it back up. 

Missile Boy was probably my hardest, since it's where I picked it back up, so I needed to get back into the feel. That took about 3 days, and I never liked Dark Salt before anyways..

All the rest I had left (Demon, Maggot, Zombie, Girl and Impossible) took about 2 days a piece. Probably about 5 hours each day that I played. 

Edit: Sorry, Impossible Boy was also a 3 day affair, I forgot I started practicing for a few hours on Saturday

Edited by XCKingBrent

14 minutes ago, XCKingBrent said:

Despite the time differences between trophies, there were some days I didn't play in the past two weeks or so (school, Homework, smash bros with friends got in the way1f601.png) after I picked it back up. 

Missile Boy was probably my hardest, since it's where I picked it back up, so I needed to get back into the feel. That took about 3 days, and I never liked Dark Salt before anyways..

All the rest I had left (Demon, Maggot, Zombie, Girl and Impossible) took about 2 days a piece. Probably about 5 hours each day that I played. 

Edit: Sorry, Impossible Boy was also a 3 day affair, I forgot I started practicing for a few hours on Saturday

Impossible Boy is the hardest of all the no death runs.

Missile Boy is where the difficulty really starts to ramp up. The earlier no death runs aren't that difficult, and anybody halfway competent with platformers can pick up Wood Boy without trouble.

Still, good job nonetheless.

I may need to pick a new game, too many people are getting the Super Meat Boy platinum.