Star Wars Battlefront has a $50 Season Pass & $120 Ultimate Edition

Azaan60

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/12/9512121/star-wars-battlefront-season-pass-modes

DICE's new Star Wars-themed shooter will get four post-release expansion packs as part of the $50 Star Wars Battlefront season pass, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.

Those expansions, which do not yet have a release date or window, will be "filled with new content," according to the pass' official (but brief) description. EA is giving season pass holders two reasons to buy all four expansions up front: two-week early access to each expansion pack and an exclusive "Shoot First" emote.

The season pass pricing model is in line with EA's most recent Battlefield games;Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline each had $50 season passes that featured new multiplayer maps and other perks.

The game's season pass will be included as part of the newly announced Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition, which includes all the content available in the Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition. The Ultimate Edition is priced at $119.98, according to its listing on Origin.

EA also announced three new modes for Star Wars Battlefront today: Droid Run, in which players battle to capture walking GNK power droids in 6v6 matches; Cargo, a spin on capture the flag-style gameplay; and Hero Hunt, in which one player assumes the role of a character like Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker or Boba Fett and fights solo against a team of seven players.

Star Wars Battlefront launches on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One on Nov. 17.

Edited by Azaan60

Have I skipped to many math classes on high school or something?

Full game 60$ + Season Pass 50$ = Total 110$

Deluxe Edition 120$?

What does the Deluxe Edition has that grants it extra 10$ worth of value?

Also, WHY THE FUCK, preordering all those DLC with the game is MORE EXPENSIVE than waiting for everything being released and buying later?

Are you RETARDED, EA GAMES? You are supposed to give a discount to the people that are dumb enough to pre-order content they know no shit about, just like a loyalty bonus for them putting their trust on you as whatever roles you are playing here.

I'll finish this rant post with our favourite bald female singer.

• Like 1

Meh.... Who The fucks Cares?

People who want the game I guess. They might be interested in how hard EA wants to gouge... oh, sorry, excuse me, that could be seen as inflammatory... "lightly tap and rifle through" their wallets.

It seems a lot of money to me for a single game. And given that this game is a series of MP modes and maps, with no SP campaign, I don't see how you can distinguish between the base package and the DLC. The whole thing is as much "the game" as the rest of it. 

That's why I think this looks like a $120 game as opposed to a $80 + $50 DLC season pass. 

Typical EA they could have been a great company once now they can rot in the desert. SCUM OF THE EARTH

I think that is a tad dramatic, there are far worse companies out there that do things which legitimately effect all of us, not just "overcharge" for video games. 

That being said, I think I'll be waiting to pick Battlefront up until I can get the game and all the DLC for $60. If the only game you're planning on buying this year is Battlefront I can see the justification for purchasing the Season pass as well, I have plenty of other games to play and pick up so I'll wait for a hefty sale before I dive in. I'll probably rent it at Redbox the week it releases if I can though. 

Parker

• Like 4

Well, this is what happens when you play AAA titles :awesome:

Have I skipped to many math classes on high school or something?

Full game 60$ + Season Pass 50$ = Total 110$

Deluxe Edition 120$?

What does the Deluxe Edition has that grants it extra 10$ worth of value?

There is nothing according to the store.

It's actually very clever move from EA, it means you will either give them additional 10$/€ or you will be required to purchase the season pass anyway for the price they plan.

In any case, EA can only get additional money one this.

I would give them a hat's down for great way of money making, but no.

$120 for the "full" experience...

Plus tax...

:huh:

Well, the store shows 120€ for the Ultimate version, so I suppose EU can just replace $ with € in all prices.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

This "Season Pass" bullsh*t in every AAA title is getting out of control for a while now, whats worrying about this is that the consumer is not getting a FULL GAME on release like we used to get few years ago, we are getting almost HALF GAME on release, as they're making a game they put content on the side that normally would be included in the main game so they can charge for it later as DLC... I know people don't have to buy DLC if they don't want to but we are still paying 60$ or 70$ for HALF GAME on release  :angry:

Just wait until the micro transactions on AAA titles kicks in (Main Game + Season Pass + Micro Transactions + PS Plus)

2 Games = PS4 Price 

• Like 1

This "Season Pass" bullsh*t in every AAA title is getting out of control for a while now, whats worrying about this is that the consumer is not getting a FULL GAME on release like we used to get few years ago, we are getting almost HALF GAME on release, as they're making a game they put content on the side that normally would be included in the main game so they can charge for it later as DLC... I know people don't have to buy DLC if they don't want to but we are still paying 60$ or 70$ for HALF GAME on release  :angry:

Just wait until the micro transactions on AAA titles kicks in (Main Game + Season Pass + Micro Transactions + PS Plus)

2 Games = PS4 Price 

Is there any evidence that the content included in the Season Pass is being cut from the base game? That is a claim that is thrown around quite often but I've never seen any actual evidence that it is a common occurrence. 

Before the invention of a season pass developers were still working on DLC content before a game released, it just wasn't announced. I don't think anything has changed other than the fact that people now know for certain that there will (or won't) be DLC for a game before they purchase it. 

Parker

Don't forget we have to pay for PSN access too so there's another $50.

Not sure you can fairly factor that in. I mean, if you are a PS4 owner who doesn't have PS+ then sure, you're going to have to sub in order to access the MP game modes. But you could go for the 1 month option, and you will be getting the other PS+ benefits from your sub which aren't tied to Battlefront, so the situation gets too cloudy too quickly for a fair comparison.

• Like 1

This was KNOWEN.

ALL Battle* games have had one since 3.

If you didn't expect this, you don't pay attention...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also OP's thread title is misleading. The 120$ version includes the Season Pass.

/ and + are two different things.

Edited by A12

Is there any evidence that the content included in the Season Pass is being cut from the base game? That is a claim that is thrown around quite often but I've never seen any actual evidence that it is a common occurrence. 

When the game is basically a collection of MP modes and maps, I'm not sure if that's an issue. The publisher clearly considers that all of the MP maps and missions are worthy of inclusion in "the game" at some point in time, some at launch, some later, otherwise they'd call the whole DLC thing off. But EA has chosen to release now (probably to cash in on the upcoming movie). There's nothing stopping them from waiting until all the parts of the game are ready, and releasing it as one package. 

I think the only thing we can say is wait for the goddamn reviews, particularly in the case of the DLC. This is the most expensive season pass I can remember, and we've seen nothing in the gaming press about what will be included in it (other than a few vague descriptions). If you're happy to spend £40 on such an unknown, that's your prerogative (not you Parker, the general "you").

Just remember everyone that Batman: Arkham Knight had a very expensive season pass, and critical reception of the DLC packs has been, as far as I can see, universally negative.

For everyone who has whined about 'not enough AAA titles', this is the price you pay for one in 2015. There are more developers, technology and licensing than ever. Don't like, it? Don't pay for it.

I wouldn't be shocked if people think that gaming isn't a luxury no more.

• Like 1

For everyone who has whined about 'not enough AAA titles', this is the price you pay for one in 2015. There are more developers, technology and licensing than ever. Don't like, it? Don't pay for it.

A good point. AAA games have hovered around the £50 RRP for ages. I remember buying Perfect Dark on the N64 waaay back in the day, and I'm sure it was around £45-£50 then because I had to plead with my dad to get it for me and convince him how cool a game it was supposed to be and that it was going to be worth the £50. 

Now, back then £50 was worth quite a bit more than it is today. £50 in 2000 (when PD released) would be the equivalent of £77.50 or so in 2015 money. 

If my memory is correct, and the price of games isn't going up in line with inflation (although bear in mind the fact that inflation rates vary worldwide) while AAA development costs continue to soar, then maybe we shouldn't be surprised that publishers are trying so desperately to keep taking our money?

DLCs, Season Passes and Microtransactions. These things are in almost every new game now.

Dont get me wrong, I buy all the stuff for the games I own, because I like the game and I want to.....but I never get a game on release day (unless it's a must own...for example KH3).

It's a business model that I think wont budge now. There will always be people who buy this stuff. There will always be people who complain. Hell, even complaining about the game is giving it a spotlight.

People will buy their shit no matter how many scream about it. Whether it be day 1, several months in or a PS Sale.