Now that it's ended, what are your thoughts on Tales From The Borderlands?

Azaan60

I love it more than the actual borderland games, it felt I built and feel my characters more than all other borderlands, wish Borderlands wasnt all just loots, but had more character growth storywise, the games would had been more epic.

This is the 5th Telltale Episodic game I have played to completion (after The Walking Dead S1, The Wolf Among Us, Sam & Max, & Back to the Future) and this is undoubtedly my favourite. Only (very minor) negative is the 5th episode crashed on me towards the end and I had to replay a bit which was a bit annoying.

Edited by BOT-Brad

What a game. 

Going in I knew it'd be good because it's Telltale, and I'm also a huge Borderlands fan. The fact it was set in the Borderlands universe initially had me a bit sceptical but excited; I didn't know what they could do with a video game universe since their last two main games were from comics. 

But god damn, Tales from the Borderlands somehow managed to push past The Walking Dead to become my favourite Telltale game. 

Overall I give it a Loader Bot / 10, would definitely recommend.

I haven't played all of the Telltale games, only played four, but this is by far my favourite one. Right behind Back to the Future and Game of Thrones. I loved the intros (except the last one was a bit meh), I loved those funny moments and there are a lot of them, the story and adventure was fun, the characters were for the most part great, the voice acting was solid, ... oh, that really sad part really got me  :(. There are almost no complaints, maybe I would like a better ending ... If Fiona died, that would be great. I do hope they make another season!

Also about the ending. Did something happen when they opened the chest? Cause they disappeared and I didn't know if that was just a transition or something happened to Rhys and Fiona?

Edited by QuinlanLJ

Also about the ending. Did something happen when they opened the chest? Cause they disappeared and I didn't know if that was just a transition or something happened to Rhys and Fiona?

I think they both got teleported away. I think its mean we will see tales from borderlands season 2 or something like that in future :D

After finished this, i feel disappointed :( i want to see rhys and sasha get together in the end. They can use new characters for the next tales :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I never played Borderlands, but when I saw episode one of this game up on PSN for free, I thought "What the heck, I'm bored, I'll give it a spin".

It was fun enough I decided to buy the rest of the game. Little did I expect to be playing one of the funniest and most feels-punching games I've ever played, right up there with Paper Mario TTYD. Constantly surprised me and kept me on my toes with my reactions and choices. It sold me enough on the potential of Borderlands' world that I picked up the Handsome Collection... granted, I'm expecting the storytelling in those games to not quite hold up, but eh, I always like me some looty RPG action :P

But really, Tales from the Borderlands sold me on the potential of "interactive story" games. Is it the best, or the one to offer the most effective freedom of choices? Dunno, but I certainly enjoyed every step of the way, and I'd be happy to see another Telltale game in leiu of it. Or just a Season 2 to this game. That'd be great, especially after that cliffhanger...

• 4 months later...

I enjoyed it, but surprised to see I'm one of the few who was a bit mixed about it. The characters were hit and miss for me, absolutely couldn't stand Vaughn and thought how you are more or less forced to go along with the Handsome Jack stuff (it was super obvious how all of that was going to pan out) was just incredibly dull by the time it wrapped up. I appreciated the well written dialogue but the villains, and excuse my french here, sucked balls. They always came at the most clichéd points and that Vallory character and all her cronies done nothing but made me cringe, saturday morning TV kid's stuff at best. Other than that though, thought Gortys and Loaderbot never missed a beat, and don't think any of the humour from those characters failed to land. 4.5/7

• 1 month later...