Why Should I Never Store My Credit Card Info On PSN?

damon8r351

Personally I think the best arguement for using PSN cards is that they are cheaper than using your own card.

tbh I would prefer PSN cards over credit cards anyday. But the problem is PSN cards aren't available for all countries. My store doesn't even allow debit cards for some reason. Credit cards are my only option. :3

When I started the topic, I had thought people could make the following leap in logic, "Hey, if this happened through PSN, it could probably happen through Amazon, or even that website I use to pay the water bill. Maybe I should-" From what I'm seeing though, I guess not. Evidently, things need to be spelled out to people.

One swallow doesn't make a summer

Some of your threads come across as...

'This is what I am saying and I am right, if you disagree with me then you are stupid'.

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 2

I want to say a big Thank You to all who have self-identified that their credit card information is on their PSN accounts. You have helped narrow down some, uh, research projects... that might be getting worked on. Would any of you also happen to have any pets? And what would their names be? This would help out the research as well...

• Like 3

I want to say a big Thank You to all who have self-identified that their credit card information is on their PSN accounts. You have helped narrow down some, uh, research projects... that might be getting worked on. Would any of you also happen to have any pets? And what would their names be? This would help out the research as well...

Unrelated question, what would your mother's maiden name be? :P

Depressingly its possibly to tell people to give you money to get them trophies, thats probably the easiest way to get someone's account details and they will even pay you for the privilege.

Edited by Superbuu3

So according to you the ONLY way to protect myself is by not having it on there? Just gloss over how I mention how I change my passwords for my security. No, doing that is stupid is it? Do you even think before you write? I clearly can be bothered, but it's not your way and so it's wrong? Wow.

You seem to be really offended that there are better ways to protect yourself that you don't use but others do.

So because you can't be bothered that means I shouldn't?

Your argument can go both ways.

Again, if you can't be bothered, that's your problem.

I have a pet dinosaur named Dino, and my name is Fred Flintstone. I Hope that helped.

• Like 3

What about hacker? I didn't read everything, but I didn't see anywhere saying he was caught. Did he just walk away from this without any consequences? Can't Sony tell serial number of system that downloaded data, or even the location where download was made? We talk about over 50 gb of download here. Can it  really be done without any trace? 

You seem to be really offended that there are better ways to protect yourself that you don't use but others do.

So because you can't be bothered that means I shouldn't?

Your argument can go both ways.

Again, if you can't be bothered, that's your problem.

If I can't be bothered to do it YOUR way, you mean. You seem to be under the impression yours is the only way. So I think it's best to leave this here.

• Like 1

If I can't be bothered to do it YOUR way, you mean. You seem to be under the impression yours is the only way. So I think it's best to leave this here.

No, they're just basic security protection methods, you seem to think anyone who cares about their security protection is making fun of you.

So yeah, lets leave it.

If they know what they're doing then yeah, it's pretty much untraceable.

I think Sony are hacked so often just to point out their horrendous security flaws that they seem to refuse to fix.

Sony wasn't hacked, it was just this guys account. I think its pretty unfair that people blame just Sony for these things. For example, I could hack into your email account and gain access to your facebook, Twitter, Xbox Live, PSN pretty much everything connected with it. Now, will you blame all those companies saying they have poor security? Or will you blame the email service provider? The hack might have occured because you made a mistake unknowingly. Wouldn't that mean you're responsible? You never know...

Sony wasn't hacked, it was just this guys account. I think its pretty unfair that people blame just Sony for these things. For example, I could hack into your email account and gain access to your facebook, Twitter, Xbox Live, PSN pretty much everything connected with it. Now, will you blame all those companies saying they have poor security? Or will you blame the email service provider? The hack might have occured because you made a mistake unknowingly. Wouldn't that mean you're responsible? You never know...

Sony have been hacked at least a dozen times, although yeah, not in this case.

Since every site I access has a different, randomly generated password and most have fake details you would only get access to one of those things and none of them would involve me losing money, so I wouldn't care too much.

It depends on how that data was gathered, if you just hacked into my email, you just hacked me, it may be my fault or may not, depending on if I'd done everything I could to secure my account and keep it secure.

If you got my data by hacking Google and just gathering masses of customer data, it would be on Google's head.

Sony customer support was a bit dodgy from reading all that.

Although him blaming Sony that he got hacked in the first place is a bit unfair - Sony/All major corporations uses password hashing with salt so even if someone hacked and published his account credentials they still wouldn't know what his password was. Definitely a mistake from OP somewhere - such as weak password, using the same password for everything, shared account details with the wrong guy, etc.

When the infamous outage happened in 2011 i was never robbed of money from my bank card because i have extra security on mine, a debit Mastercard securecode.

The same goes for the hack earlier in the year from boomerang when people were trying to get people's personal details, mine was also untouched because of the securecode. Calling someone dumb because they have a credit/bank card on there PSN account is absolutely ridiculous and ignorant. Get your facts right before you post.